Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I don't see anyone picking on trainee nurses on this thread :shrug:

Anyone who has read the thread where my comments are about tuition fees (nursing or not) wouldn't think I was picking on them. Still it suits your cause doesn't it. Maybe that is why you fit in the above category previously claimed.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Anyone who has read the thread where my comments are about tuition fees (nursing or not) wouldn't think I was picking on them. Still it suits your cause doesn't it. Maybe that is why you fit in the above category previously claimed.

I don't know where I got the idea that it was specifically about trainee nurses doing unpaid night shifts :rolleyes:

100% this.................in Scotland, nursing students get their tuition fees paid, AND receive a bursary of about £6,500 per annum. The other issue affecting nursing/midwifery students is the 'placements' - whilst good training, they essentially amount to unpaid labour (4-8 weeks every term and can include night shifts etc).

Awww that is so harsh isnt it?

It is if you're unpaid, and all your student mates are on holiday.......

I was doing night shifts on peanuts at 19. The end goal is what you deserve from hard work, not for free when your in your twenties! I sacrificed to gain, even at times unpaid work. Life is for the earning and taking not being GIVEN.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I don't know where I got the idea that it was specifically about trainee nurses doing unpaid night shifts :rolleyes:

I never opened the conversation nor specifically aimed my comments at nurses, just pointed out working patterns and pay back loan details for every student. You think that is picking on people says more about you I think. Additionally you have been selective with the choice of reposts.

Jan 30, 2008
10 post mediocre Daily Express link
20 post "we're on our way", only badly punctuated
30 post tedious one-liner in response to anyone vastly more intelligent than PPF (anyone on the thread)
40 Goto 10
we're on our way :bigwave: ………...SORRY I'VE UPSET YOU AGAIN
regards
DR

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Who has upset you petal?

Think he's annoyed that someone called out the hypocrisy of his claim by posting a load of his posts deriding student nurses. That's nasty.

And obviously a bit put out that he was fooled into voting to flush our economy down the khazi.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Plenty of nasty people on this thread, most of them remainers.

I’ve not seen any Remainers wishing “pain” on their fellow humans. I’ve not seen any remainders offering to “hunt down” leavers. I’ve not seen any Remainers threatening to “find” leavers at the Amex. But do carry on.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’ve not seen any Remainers wishing “pain” on their fellow humans. I’ve not seen any remainders offering to “hunt down” leavers. I’ve not seen any Remainers threatening to “find” leavers at the Amex. But do carry on.
I haven't seen any leavers wishing this on remoaners either, tbf.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sure because the EDL will happily discuss the merits of Brexit over a cup of tea
Oh do **** off and w*nk - if you can. All leavers are in the EDL, are they? Geez, what a to$$er you are (with apologies to your fellow remainers, who aren't all such dickheads as you).

Even most of the remainers on here will be groaning, 'Oh no, that piece of shit isn't on our side, surely?'

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The term 'undemocratic loons' referenced JCFCPasta's standard description for anyone who wants a referendum on the deal. The numbers of these have been rising and by June were up to 42 percent of adults, two percent more than those who didn't want to be consulted. I am sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Thats simply not true, I don’t believe all second referendumers who want a vote on the deal are undemocratic loons,dont think [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] does either,but that is up to him to verify. those that believe for example amongst them Len McCluskey that another vote should exclude a remain option and should focus on how we Leave, are not undemocratic or loony at all……….can you spot the difference to undemocratic weasel loons like you yet?
Thanks for misrepresenting what I have said…….yet again.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here