Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
The French are definitely better at revolutions - I'll give them that.

I don't believe that. We've never had a revolution because we've been in quiet revolution for four hundred years.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The world is laughing at us...

[tweet]1072659684727894016[/tweet]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You only need to look at the comments section on recent BBC articles to see evidence of this.....

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46515743

If you order comments by highest rated you'll see that those advocating No Deal are getting the most upvotes. Yet when it comes to actually getting off your arse and doing something about it via protests and marches you see Robinson's Brexit Betrayal march outnumbered 2 to 1 by a counter march that in turn also seemed to have nowhere near the numbers that the People's Vote march had a while back.

Social media and the internet has eschewed the representation of the true demographics due to the empty vessels making more noise on the internet.

In my humble opinion.

Kremlin Bots can vote on the internet, but find it difficult to turn up to marches.

And Kremlin Bots do not vote for the benefit of you or me. They vote to mess with the minds of the MPs and ministers and even the PM.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'd add to that, that as a remainer the country (including me) under estimated the Eurosceptism in this country. Can't hide away from that in my Urban Liberal bubble.

My circle of people is almost exclusively remainers. When I discuss these issues I get asked (even tonight) - so you voted leave ?

Believe me, many remainers are as far up their backsides as those who voted to leave.

We are the conservative ones who voted for the status quo, those wishing to leave have decided to go for something quite radical.

I won't change my mind about remaining but neither will I forget the above. I hope we stay, but I do fear what that will mean if remain wins a second referendum.

I do think a far greater number of leavers would have woken on that Friday if the result was the other way round and quietly gone about their day.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Actually, it's sadly given a lot of nice people who live and work here to believe a lot of lies and think they're not welcome. Leave was never about evicting foreigners; remain did their best to make hundreds, if not thousands, of nice people think that was the case.
There are no more racists, and they are no more vocal, than there were two years ago; probably less - although some remainers will try to portray it as otherwise, the anti-racist message continues to make headway....maybe all too slowly, but the majority of us can't help that. We must just keep pushing.

Yeah it was remain who did their best to make hundreds if not thousands think this was the case.

Attachments

• 5049.jpg
    5049.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 132

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I do think a far greater number of leavers would have woken on that Friday if the result was the other way round and quietly gone about their day.

Laughable. The leading cheerleader of Leave even went on record saying that a win for remain by a narrow margin might mean demand for a rerun of the referendum.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Actually, it's sadly given a lot of nice people who live and work here to believe a lot of lies and think they're not welcome. Leave was never about evicting foreigners; remain did their best to make hundreds, if not thousands, of nice people think that was the case.
There are no more racists, and they are no more vocal, than there were two years ago; probably less - although some remainers will try to portray it as otherwise, the anti-racist message continues to make headway....maybe all too slowly, but the majority of us can't help that. We must just keep pushing.

What a joke.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Sad. Shouldn't be that way. But I'm convinced that most of this, 'We don't feel welcome/safe here any more' was generated by Project Fear. I do not believe it was by huge numbers of people suddenly hating ***s (or *****s or ****s). It certainly was a perception which suited Project Fear down to the ground, bearing in mind that remainers are adamant that all (or at least most) remainers are racist..

I think you're reached your own personal nadir with the claim that the leave campaign was to blame for was to blame for the rise in anti-immigrant feeling. I don't know if your trying to make a claim that is so far fetched as to convince some that there are some roots in reality or (more likely) you're disappeared so far up the backside of your own argument that you've lost connection with reality.

Concerning the implication that the vote for leave wasn't about immigration, it's a real oddity about those who are vocal about supporting leave - The ONLY lucid reason I've heard from leave voters is immigration where there is a debate to be had, no doubt. Yet you and many others deny it in a clumsy attempt to look more liberal, bizarre really.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I think you're reached your own personal nadir with the claim that the leave campaign was to blame for was to blame for the rise in anti-immigrant feeling. I don't know if your trying to make a claim that is so far fetched as to convince some that there are some roots in reality or (more likely) you're disappeared so far up the backside of your own argument that you've lost connection with reality.

Concerning the implication that the vote for leave wasn't about immigration, it's a real oddity about those who are vocal about supporting leave - The ONLY lucid reason I've heard from leave voters is immigration where there is a debate to be had, no doubt. Yet you and many others deny it in a clumsy attempt to look more liberal, bizarre really.

#everybodyelsesfault

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Statement outside No 10 in 15 minutes.

She's going to say she wishes to re-negotiate the wording of the No Confidence motion and that other than that, "nothing has changed " #StrongandStable.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
All happened when she was out of the country: a repeat of what happened to Thatcher, who was at an EEC summit in Paris

I have no sympathy for her whatsoever. After Cameron bailing out she took the role under the auspices of being the Least Worst Option, she made a big speech about how she wanted " An economy that worked for everyone " yet carried on with enforced austerity and budget cuts across society. She made another speech citing " Threats have been made to the UK by the EU " , laughable, but her reasoning for calling a General Election that she subsequently " Lost " with a reduced majority and she became head of a minority government.

From that point on she has merely been hanging on to power at all costs to the extent that we have wasted two years of negotiations thanks to her red lines and intransigence and we now face utter chaos when we exit the EU.

Press Conference Update : same shit about a great economy for everyone, precious Union etc etc.

She is patently unable to do the job yet still hangs on, Mrs May, " get on with It " and quit !

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Courtesy of the Secret Barrister

28'months ago the Tories elected Theresa May as leader, so therefore Prime Minister with 60% of the vote

29 months ago the UK voted for Brexit with 51.9% of the vote.

People have changed their minds, but one is considered democratic and the other undemocratic.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003

Or perhaps you were so giddy with excitement as the Brexit bus lurched into motion that you never bothered to check out your fellow travellers? That bloke in the seat next to you, the one with all the skinhead mates. He looks familiar ... Tommy something?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Press Conference synopsis : Shameless, re-treading of all her meaningless old mantras that she has memorised and inserted in to previous speeches. I doubt if even the pot plants will vote for her.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
and the rumours of 48 letters need to be seen before believed. we heard all this last month and in reality there was no where near enough (20 odd) with MPs being named that hadnt written any letter. ERG is probably stirring this up as a way to force a change.

Good call.

Have you got any racing tips for today as well?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here