Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The Tory whips must have some dirt on him.

Real class shown by the chairman of The Conservative and Unionist Party Brandon Lewis tonight.

[tweet]1019326263956267009[/tweet]

[tweet]1019298949344219137[/tweet]

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
support for a 2nd Referendum up 3 points on last week to it's highest to date among other things.

View attachment 98818

:lolol:
About 7 months to get the last Referendum Act through parliament last time. Electoral Commission now recommends a 6 month gap between legislation being passed and a vote being held. Prob going to need a change as well to a Vince Cable government (snigger)………all before march next year.
Cough …..TICK TOCK

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Remain did not break electoral law. Vote Leave did. The Electoral Commission have handed it to the police.

Fvck me. Guilty before the police have started their investigation.
Im glad you are not a judge or a magistrate

Remain were fined by the electoral commission for breaking the rules during the referendum

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Not happening though. Get over it

:lolol:
About 7 months to get the last Referendum Act through parliament last time. Electoral Commission now recommends a 6 month gap between legislation being passed and a vote being held. Prob going to need a change as well to a Vince Cable government (snigger)………all before march next year.
Cough …..TICK TOCK

I'm really not too bothered what either of you two think, but lets wait and see what happens once we reach a no deal scenario at the end of this mess and if Article 50 is extended first.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
There was zero objection to it, why wouldnt that amendment remain part of the bill.

Well, I think there is another party in the negotiation, I know it seems like it is just Tory Leave and Tory Remain battling each other to reach a deal, but it needs to be agreed with the EU.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Well, I think there is another party in the negotiation, I know it seems like it is just Tory Leave and Tory Remain battling each other to reach a deal, but it needs to be agreed with the EU.

The Taxation (Cross Border Trade) Bill, (to which the new clause is now a part) needs to be agreed with the EU......are you for real?
If parliament wants to say, via an Act of parliament that it will not impose a border in the Irish Sea and effectively break up our Union it can......and has.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
“MPs backed an amendment by 305 votes to 301 that would keep the UK in the European medicines regulatory network.”

Glad to see common sense breaking out. As I have suggested, this really is the only sensible option. It will be interesting to see how this works in reality with the U.K. outside of the EU. Also, Is that [MENTION=33622]Chips[/MENTION] person still about? He seemed to know a thing or two about the industry although I didn’t agree with everything he said. [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] was keen to get him involved in the debate.

To be honest, all we need to do is copy the EU's approvals and guidances. Waste of time us doing a parallel job. The EU just copy the FDA anyway - except they approve EU discoveies (ha ha) sooner. Use to be an issue but drug discovery is actually moribund globally right now. As for package inserts... who reads those?

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm really not too bothered what either of you two think, but lets wait and see what happens once we reach a no deal scenario at the end of this mess and if Article 50 is extended first.

Likewise. And even moreso than you :whistle::lolol:

Its like asking the cat what to have for breakfast. It would be 'fish, innit'. Sigh

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The Taxation (Cross Border Trade) Bill, (to which the new clause is now a part) needs to be agreed with the EU......are you for real?
If parliament wants to say, via an Act of parliament that it will not impose a border in the Irish Sea and effectively break up our Union it can......and has.

In your post you say it directly contradicts the EU's legal draft of the backstop position, so one side is going to have to change something until we invent magic borders.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not happening though. Get over it

You sound like someone who has had six pints and has elbowed people in the face to get into the driver's seat and been told that someone else ought to be driving. Good luck with that.

It will be hard Brexit (a hard border in Ireland, and passports to Calais, and No Deals) or no Brexit. For sure.

Doesn't affect me, but it will probably **** up your kids, if you have any. I wonder if, one day, you'll have the guts to apologise to them?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
In your post you say it directly contradicts the EU's legal draft of the backstop position, so one side is going to have to change something until we invent magic borders.

Thats very different from you saying we need the EU say so to attach a clause to an Act of Parliament.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Thats very different from you saying we need the EU say so to attach a clause to an Act of Parliament.

That is not what I said though is it, I said you don't believe that is actually going to stick, do you?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here