Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
83aafb6130ab00df9be7f603ba1372ed--champagne-traditional.jpg
?

Obviously the 'poor, racist northern, working class, thickies' should have voted for the Tory/Labour/Lib Dem/Big business Remain establishment to bring about real change :lolol:
And you rally against sweeping generalisations? Priceless.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Watched this last night. To be fair he was followed by a sensible chap who voted leave but also added that Brexit was always going to be very complex and no one should think that we could quit without negotiations (or words to that affect). A lot of people don't realise this. It's all very well for Farage to moan like a back seat driver but he jumped ship at the first opportunity to take up a lucrative career as a radio commentator (on top of his MEP salary and pending pension). David Davies said the same, a year ago, and the reality of the job ahead is finally dawning on him.

As for reasons for leaving,I think there are many. Racism, Sovereignty, Economic. etc

All Brexiters are not racist, (I know a fair few who voted out who genuinely don't have a racist bone in their body). However, I think it is fair to say all racists voted Brexit.

Trade talks next. What was it Liam Fox said again?

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003

His area has suffered decades of neglect initially triggered by the Tories but which Labour did little to reverse. So, he turns on the agencies that actually provide some regional investment and blames foreigners who make up a minuscule proportion of the local population inevitably lining up with the same ******** that ran his area into the ground to begin with. That makes him a brainless fxxxwit by any definition. We can’t excuse him because of his background, my Dad grew up in a mining village and was incredibly well informed and independent minded. Ignorance is a choice.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
His area has suffered decades of neglect initially triggered by the Tories but which Labour did little to reverse. So, he turns on the agencies that actually provide some regional investment and blames foreigners who make up a minuscule proportion of the local population inevitably lining up with the same ******** that ran his area into the ground to begin with. That makes him a brainless fxxxwit by any definition. We can’t excuse him because of his background, my Dad grew up in a mining village and was incredibly well informed and independent minded. Ignorance is a choice.

100% this.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Not true, if he was lining up with same ******** that ran his area into the ground to begin with and with the ones who did little to reverse it he would have voted Remain.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not true, if he was lining up with same ******** that ran his area into the ground to begin with and with the ones who did little to reverse it he would have voted Remain.

So you think the tories are going to fill the void that the withdrawel of EU funds will leave?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
All Brexiters are not racist, (I know a fair few who voted out who genuinely don't have a racist bone in their body). However, I think it is fair to say all racists voted Brexit.

I find that such an ignorant comment, something that has been used frequently on this thread, especially in light of the comments towards this chap on QT, on this thread alone there has been quite a character assignation on him purely for his Brexit views.

He seems to be deemed working class purely on his northern dialect, I know he mention immigration and its effects on the working class but he might be working class he might not.

He is white and assumed to be working class and most Remainers on here have flippantly called him a racists, a fool, thick Yorkshireman, less informed, out of touch, old woolyhead, and now a new one brainless f**ckwit.

He only posed a view on QT and was roundly applauded and then received dogs abuse by you lot, I wonder if you might have lent the same prejudices and stereotypes to an Asian or black audience member as you have just done to this fella.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
He is wrong, it's all about sovereignty, not immigration, so I am told.

Best ask a remainer ... they all seem to know that we didn't know what we were voting for and were mistaken in voting to try and get what we didn't know what we were voting for (and were probably racist). :jester:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I find that such an ignorant comment, something that has been used frequently on this thread, especially in light of the comments towards this chap on QT, on this thread alone there has been quite a character assignation on him purely for his Brexit views.

He seems to be deemed working class purely on his northern dialect, I know he mention immigration and its effects on the working class but he might be working class he might not.

He is white and assumed to be working class and most Remainers on here have flippantly called him a racists, a fool, thick Yorkshireman, less informed, out of touch, old woolyhead, and now a new one brainless f**ckwit.

He only posed a view on QT and was roundly applauded and then received dogs abuse by you lot, I wonder if you might have lent the same prejudices and stereotypes to an Asian or black audience member as you have just done to this fella.

He voted to ditch £40.29m in EU funding for his area. He's a bit thick.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Best ask a remainer ... they all seem to know that we didn't know what we were voting for and were mistaken in voting to try and get what we didn't know what we were voting for (and were probably racist). :jester:

In your area? Without now googling, how much EU funding did you receive?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Racist idiot who hasn't a clue what to think or say apart from what the Daily Mail tells him to, doesn't even know that there is only 4% immigrants in Barnsley, typical thick Yorkshireman

He makes a joke about being thick, then demonstrates he is a bit thick by not fully understanding the very simple question about remaining in the EU or leaving.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
How about this on the side of a bus?.......

The EU spends £40.29 MILLION on funding for Barnsley. That money could be spent on Nigel Farage's pension.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He is wrong, it's all about sovereignty, not immigration, so I am told.

The QT chap in the clip should stand for Yorkshireman Of The Year - a classic performance that encapsulates the excesses of being a Tyke: rude, finger-pointing, parochial, slightly racist. Probably a Leeds or Massive fan to boot.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hands up who believes the tories will match EU funding to Barnsley?

Here are the figure grids for EU investment in South Yorkshire and Barnsley respectively. The funding for Barnsley alone for the years 2005-2013 amounted to £40.29m.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/requ.../html/2/ESF ERDF and EU grant tables.xls.html

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/requ...Infrastructure Investment 2004 2015.xlsx.html

I think they'll notice that going.

They’ll match the EU funding but in give aways to their mates.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here