Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
After heading the comprehensive literature provided by HM government, even more IN than ever. If you are buying a house don't exchange till 24/6 just incase...

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've gone from definitely IN to most likely IN. Unless OUT come up with a convincing argument (and for me they haven't yet), then I'm IN.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
After heading the comprehensive literature provided by HM government, even more IN than ever. If you are buying a house don't exchange till 24/6 just incase...

And if we do vote out it might be a good time to buy some property in Paris, Dublin and Berlin in preparation of multinational and European businesses relocating to the EU.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Yeah, theres no multinationals in America.

Yes there are plenty because America also is the world's second largest economy, making up nearly a 1/5th of global GDP and an internal market of 300 million people. This is translated into trade deals which benefit multinational companies. A great place to HQ a business.

The EU is collectively the world's largest economy making up over a 1/5th of global GDP and has an international market of 500 million people. This is translated into trade deals, existing and being negotiated, that benefit multinational companies. A great place to HQ a business.

The UK is 3% of global GDP and has an internal market of 60 million people. Following Brexit we no longer have any trade deals, all of them have to be renegotiated - taking years. Moreover all our business legislation must be written. This is a terrible place to set up an HQ because we have not-so-cleverly decided to decimate our access and leverage within the world's largest economy and largest market.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Was a probable in now a definite out. Nothing to do with other nationalities working here I would like to see freedom of movement for current EU countries continue with an out vote. However recourses are probably stretched to the max now. I'm voting against the big businesses who are just looking out for themselves not the public however they want to spin it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've been an outer ever since I could vote in 1988 and remain an outer.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Definitely IN for me. I haven't heard any good arguments to suggest it would be beneficial to leave the EU.

Hamilton

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
IN.

We would be mad as a nation to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
In - Because Murdoch wants us out as he can't control the EU in the way he controls our politicians.

Out - Because the IN campaign is so negative, just doom and gloom about leaving, never anything positive about staying.

In other words, I just don't know. I thought I was a definite "in" but, as Lawson said on the Marr show, most countries in the world are not in the EU and they seem to be doing OK so why shouldn't we?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Definitely IN for me. I haven't heard any good arguments to suggest it would be beneficial to leave the EU.

I'm still waiting for one to convince me to stay in. Are there any apart from the usual horseshit of all our jobs disappearing? ???

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Or just the people you hang around with. I haven't met a single person who's voting out. That includes everyone I work with and all my friends and family.

The In people I've spoken to just give the impression of liking the status quo of it all without any real thought about it.

The EU is just one big bureaucratic non elected failure. Have they done anything that has been a success? Literally anything that has bettered all our lives?

Hamilton

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm still waiting for one to convince me to stay in. Are there any apart from the usual horseshit of all our jobs disappearing? ???

Wow. You think 'jobs' is horseshit? You must be mega rich.

Hamilton

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You believe it too then :facepalm:

Not hard to really. The economy will shrink. Jobs will be lost. Simple really.

The people that will suffer the most will be the poorest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here