Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The EU is to blame for all our ills and if we go out we shall reap the rewards. I mean, look how well it's going already and we've not even left yet. If we do leave, it's gonna be a beano for everyone. Coo lummy!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I think you have had more than me. Probably drugs.

Especially as you seem to be happy with a stagnating gig economy...FFS when everybody, INCLUDING the Chancellor accepts that we are going to suffer nearly two decades where real incomes don't rise and our schools and NHS and social services are crying out for more money yet you think that's fine..?

In answer to your added comments, of course, I'm not 'happy' with limited wage growth and low productivity but these are decade-long issues so not particularly relevant to the referendum result. On the plus side at least you are asking me what I think instead of pretending you are a mind reader.

The long-term problems are proving fiendishly difficult to overcome. You would have thought that the Millions of those 'hard working net contributing' immigrants from the EU would help raise productivity but it hasn't happened. Whereas flooding the low skill market with cheap Labour must have an effect on wages. I'm not sure what the answer is .. more automation (unemployment)? Interestingly that nice chap who runs the IFS was on this morning saying we are are getting the highest level of investment for 40 years which according to the forecasts still won't make much difference.

:shrug:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Why do you think “this country struggles compared to many others”? We were the firth biggest economy in the world before Brexit, I believe sixth now. Much of that based on great global trading and investment

And we were the sixth biggest behind France in 2013. Long term we will inevitably slip down the table as those fastest growing economies in the world overtake us (and France) fortunately thanks to the Brexit vote we will be in a position to strike trade deals with them prioritising our best interests rather than waiting for 27 other countries to agree it's a good idea.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Just seen this and,to me,it describes the difference between the two sides perfectly:

sig.jpg

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
And we were the sixth biggest behind France in 2013. Long term we will inevitably slip down the table as those fastest growing economies in the world overtake us (and France) fortunately thanks to the Brexit vote we will be in a position to strike trade deals with them prioritising our best interests rather than waiting for 27 other countries to agree it's a good idea.

That is based on absolute fantasy. India is predicted to grow a great deal but they know this and will want major concessions on immigration. China and US will also shape favourable trade deals because they can. The EU will remain the world's largest economy for a long-time and our absolute priority is retaining access to the world's largest market.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Meanwhile, in news elsewhere the government is apparently intending to keep the final payment to the EU a secret. Parliament won't be told. The public can go hang. There is no reason for this other than to serve the internal convenience of the Conservative Party. Is this the parliamentary sovereignty that makes trashing the economy worthwhile?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Yes it does Brexiteers have simple, meaningless slogans while remainers are concerned about the substantive effect of Brexit.

Sadly I think you have nailed it. The ones shouting the loudest are also likely to the hardest hit, and like a lobster they will not know it until it’s too late

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
That is based on absolute fantasy. India is predicted to grow a great deal but they know this and will want major concessions on immigration. China and US will also shape favourable trade deals because they can. The EU will remain the world's largest economy for a long-time and our absolute priority is retaining access to the world's largest market.

It's entirely factual. Speaking of fantasy why do you seem to think trade deals cannot be agreed unless we open our doors? Not that I have a problem with treating all countries citizens equally for entry criteria whereas Europhiles seem to think it's ok to discriminate against the brown ones. For the umpteenth time the EU will not be the worlds largest economy or largest market once we have left!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes it does Brexiteers have simple, meaningless slogans while remainers are concerned about the substantive effect of Brexit. PPF will be along in a moment to string together a few syllables to prove my point.
That's a pretty dumb interpretation, especially when you - and every other remainer on here - is constantly banging on about the difficulties without a single intelligent thought on how they might be overcome (if indeed they are real difficulties rather than perceived ones).

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Meanwhile, in news elsewhere the government is apparently intending to keep the final payment to the EU a secret. Parliament won't be told. The public can go hang. There is no reason for this other than to serve the internal convenience of the Conservative Party. Is this the parliamentary sovereignty that makes trashing the economy worthwhile?

I read that as well. How could parliament vote on a final deal if it doesn't know how much it will be, because it's a secret?

Still, how can it be a secret in the first place, because everyone who voted for Brexit knew exactly what they were voting for, so I'm sure one of NSC's Brexit finest will be along to clarify how much it is soon enough.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Mine was a response to someone in effect suggesting isolationalism is the way forward, you say the opposite. Brexiteer should are all over the place, pretty much like the government

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

I doubt that will be kept secret for about 30 seconds , but shows what the RIGHTIES think about democracy

#takebackcontrol

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
That's a pretty dumb interpretation, especially when you - and every other remainer on here - is constantly banging on about the difficulties without a single intelligent thought on how they might be overcome (if indeed they are real difficulties rather than perceived ones).

David Davis is doing an amazing job then of f**king up the negotiation when it’s full of only perceived difficulties, you would have thought that even he could have resolved perceived difficulties

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

There was no need for the EU referendum other than for Conservative party internal politics. They have made a mess of it since b6 being unable to get behind one negotiating position, all for internal politics. The number will be outed as it’s us who pay for this, not the Tories or the chairman Moa sympathisers

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

When you were warned these difficulties lay ahead, it was 'project fear', now they're here, they are 'perceived' but you want to know what Remoaners are now going to do about them :facepalm:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Mine was a response to someone in effect suggesting isolationalism is the way forward, you say the opposite. Brexiteer should are all over the place, pretty much like the government

It was made pretty clear that having the freedom to strike our own trade deals when we want, with who we want, prioritising our interests rather than diluting them for 27 others was a potential benefit of leaving the EU. Of course, other opnions are available. I doubt you have the same views as all other remainers on this thread (eg rabid Federalists or far left loons).

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Brexit and Ireland - difficult who to believe. Somebody actually Irish or an English, Tory Toff?

[tweet]934752168317296640[/tweet]

[tweet]934750813485875205[/tweet]

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
It's entirely factual. Speaking of fantasy why do you seem to think trade deals cannot be agreed unless we open our doors? Not that I have a problem with treating all countries citizens equally for entry criteria whereas Europhiles seem to think it's ok to discriminate against the brown ones. For the umpteenth time the EU will not be the worlds largest economy or largest market once we have left!

I don't see how downgrading our status of a member of the world's largest economy does us any favours whatsoever. I am interested to see how we are going to get deals with the big economies of the future without major concessions.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012

I have an excellent solution that would solve all the problems caused by Brexit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here