Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
fancgpeij2521.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
WAIT

3600 troops being readied to be deployed on the streets in case there is a no deal brexit and the fallout there on!

WHAT THE VERY F.UCK,

This is 2018/9 and we are talking about stockpiling medicines, food and deploying troops.

this is just a nonsense now
That's on top of the 5,000 always on standby for a terrorist incident.

8,500 troops and it won't be enough when the on-coming *no deal* storm hits.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The idea that a supposedly stable and developed country should inflict this upon itself is bonkers, utterly bonkers. And what for?

A lame duck PM is actually the most dangerous of all. She's lost the plot now, the world is looking on in dismay.

When are all the EU 27 nations appointing their ministers for food supply?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's on top of the 5,000 always on standby for a terrorist incident.

8,500 troops and it won't be enough when the on-coming *no deal* storm hits.

I think they should prioritize Remainers first. If a Leaver in Stoke is starving as all the freezers were turned off in Iceland and the food perished the troops should lean over and say “Get over it, you won”.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I don’t get that tweet or why its well said, why would service personnel placed at the disposal of government departments for logistical support if there is a no deal brexit be armed and pointing their guns at the public in the first place. Seems a rather incredibly over dramatic interpretation of the situation. Is that twatterer a known bedwetter?
Ah but, if for instance, imports of Marmite are halted due to a clause in subsection 27 of the Imported Yeast Derivatives Agreement, you will get 48% of society on the streets rioting.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Which way would would all the remainers have voted if a EU migrant took your job leaving you unable to pay the mortgage and look after your family? The reality of why thousands of British tradesman voted leave. We are not thick just want to go to work for a decent wage and get on with our lives. Our standard of living shouldn’t have to decline to improve a migrants. I don’t blame migrants I do blame cockwombe Blair for this mess. Thankfully ever since the leave vote things have vastly improved in the sector long may it continue.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ah but, if for instance, imports of Marmite are halted due to a clause in subsection 27 of the Imported Yeast Derivatives Agreement, you will get 48% of society on the streets rioting.

It almost came to this when there were issues with KFC.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Which way would would all the remainers have voted if a EU migrant took your job leaving you unable to pay the mortgage and look after your family? The reality of why thousands of British tradesman voted leave. We are not thick just want to go to work for a decent wage and get on with our lives. Our standard of living shouldn’t have to decline to improve a migrants. I don’t blame migrants I do blame cockwombe Blair for this mess. Thankfully ever since the leave vote things have vastly improved in the sector long may it continue.
A migrant worker from the EU would not do the job I do for the money I'm paid.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Employment is at an all time high. There are lots of vacancies that cannot be filled, so where are the British people struggling to pay their mortgages because a European has got their job?
Please give examples rather than a general xenophobic post about them and us.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Bizarre post, coming onto a football forum and almost bragging how well your company are doing since Brexit as EU nationals go home..

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

So replace the eu tradesmen that you voted for them all to **** off home with tradesmen from India/ Pakistan etc...which is what is happening now.

So how has that helped you?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

But the leave vote wasn't about immigration. I've read it on here numerous times

It's almost as if leave voters can't agree what they were voting for ???

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
May’s mask is about to slip even further today. Look, if you don’t like immigrants just say so eh?

Another u-turn then on it's long awaited publication.

Sajid Javid wouldn't specifically mention the 'tens of thousands' target on Today, and talks of 'consulting' further on the £30k threshold and Caroline Noakes on Sky News mentioned the figure is the start of a 'conversation' about it too.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We now spend annually just short of £14 BILLION on overseas foreign aid when here at home there are homeless people due to housing benefit cuts, the NHS is falling apart and nurses told there is no magic money tree.
And you get angry £2bn is being spent on planning for the interests of UK.
Righto.

Angry? No. Astonished? Yes.

And your comparison is irrelevant.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Another u-turn then on it's long awaited publication.

Sajid Javid wouldn't specifically mention the 'tens of thousands' target on Today, and talks of 'consulting' further on the £30k threshold and Caroline Noakes on Sky News mentioned the figure is the start of a 'conversation' about it too.

Caroline Noakes was given a bit of a grilling by Naga on BBC Breakfast. The 30K threshold is 'seemingly' flexible when there are shortages such as in hospitality or farming.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The downside is that when the *no deal* storm hits, a lot less people will be able to pay tradesmen to do work - and everything non essential will be put off into the future.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The downside is that when the *no deal* storm hits, a lot less people will be able to pay tradesmen to do work - and everything non essential will be put off into the future.

At least it will only be a dozen proper British tea-drinking tradesmen who will be undercutting each other in desperation to get each scrap of available work.

Sunlit Uplands

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here