Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So, why did Gina Miller have to go to the Supreme Court to make sure Parliament did decide these matters? Why did the government think they could unilaterally decide it on their own?

Stop conflating that as well.
"These matters" refer to the matters of who can vote(which you posted), why are you bringing Miller into it, that case had nothing to do with the case of the old boy trying to vote
Have you remainers collectively dropped some acid the last few days, you are all over the shop.

D

Deleted member 22389

What has that got to do with a joke about Eurovision? I posted Ha ha before the actual tweet. IT IS A JOKE.

Or all Brexiteers so miserable they have to jump on everything?

It's not your response I'm annoyed about, it's just the stupid twitter posts we have to put up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stop conflating that as well.
"These matters" refer to the matters of who can vote(which you posted), why are you bringing Miller into it, that case had nothing to do with the case of the old boy trying to vote
Have you remainers collectively dropped some acid the last few days, you are all over the shop.

I quoted you saying leave these things to parliament to decide. Theresa May and the government tried to invoke article 50 without parliamentary approval (which is against parliamentary law)
Read your own post back before coming back to me, or is it, that you can't keep up with the constant ups and downs of the deals.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I quoted you saying leave these things to parliament to decide. Theresa May and the government tried to invoke article 50 without parliamentary approval (which is against parliamentary law)
Read your own post back before coming back to me, or is it, that you can't keep up with the constant ups and downs of the deals.

"these things" are matters of who can vote in the context of the article you posted about the bloke suing 7 years ago because he couldnt vote, nothing else, not VAT on tampons,not defence policy and certainly not who could start article 50. Just matters of who can vote.
Now ive explained it again so even you can understand,get a grip.......do you need me to send you a tweet to comprehend?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Thanks for posting this: it is (as attributed you intend) thought-provoking. What would be really interesting would be to know how much of this non-EU trade is attribute to EU negotiated agreement with 3rd party nations? It would also be (even more) interesting to know what future similar ones will contribute to our export trade and whether we might have to sacrifice these as we leave the EU. I'm not sure anyone has the data.

You're welcome. Thought provoking and led to one of the deepest self-dug holes I have ever seen.

The government have said they are seeking to carry over all existing EU trade agreements with third countries. All those countries have said they would like this outcome too. So theoretically we would retain any trade benefits then be free to change or build on them, prioritising our interests instead of diluting/catering for 27 other national interests. Easier said than done obviously.

Jan 30, 2008
They never had to become British nationals because of Free Movement. Likewise our expats didn't have to become Spanish or whatver citizens. Loads of pensioners in Spain will be coming back to the UK to live because of the change in health provision, which will put a drain on our already starved health service.

Harry Schindler 89 is suing the government for not letting him vote. He fought in WW2, in Italy which is where he lives now. Before you say he shouldn't have moved abroad, try living in this country with rheumatism and arthritis, and our climate.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13347616

He tried to get the vote in 2016 but lost his legal battle.
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...lose-legal-battle-right-to-vote-eu-referendum
keep rolling out the sympathy card:facepalm:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/he...n-what-you-should-know-about-health-care.html
regards
DR

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Just another reason why we voted Leave. How anyone can support these people is beyond me.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...et-sitting-EU-pension-pot-worth-6million.html

I'm sure you're right - this sort of thing is one of the reasons people voted Leave. It's a pretty inadequate reason though isn't it?

In an effort to persuade the gullible that the good lords voted as they did for narrow mercenary reasons the Mail breathlessly reveals that peers have a total of £5.7m in EU pension pots. Around a third of that is covered by the pensions of just three peers. Given that the Brexit bill majorities in the Lords were vastly bigger than a handful - I recall 122 last week - the Mail's implication that the votes were bought never gets off the ground. Never mind. It will sow the required seeds among people who just read headlines. And of course, the cheap principle of personalising the enemies also holds good. Enemies of the People and all that. Sod the possibility that those judges were simply interpreting the law to the best of their ability - let's publish their pictures and try to prove how elitist and superior they are by revealing titbits such as - wait for it, this is the big one - that one of these sniffy posh people is a homosexual!

And of course, the Brexit tabloids are always prepared - as here - to wind up its readers with revelations about public officials with inflated senses of entitlement ripping the ordinary man off. Never fails. As you say, it's one of the reasons people voted Brexit.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
What has that got to do with a joke about Eurovision? I posted Ha ha before the actual tweet. IT IS A JOKE.

Or all Brexiteers so miserable they have to jump on everything?

Close.
All Brexiteers are worried because they may not get what they want or at least a very watered down version.
Worried that we could walk away or have a very bad deal.
Worried that freedom of movement will not be removed and old Blighty will still be overrun by Johnny Foreigner taking all our jobs and clogging up the NHS ( the main reason we voted leave)
Worried that they are going to have so much egg on their faces and remainers can say we told you so.
Worried that just a small gust of wind from over the channel is going to blow their Union Jack, fluttering from the flag pole at the end of their garden, clean away.
That is why none of them want the 2nd referendum at the end and come up with the most feeble excuses not to have one.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm sure you're right - this sort of thing is one of the reasons people voted Leave. It's a pretty inadequate reason though isn't it?

In an effort to persuade the gullible that the good lords voted as they did for narrow mercenary reasons the Mail breathlessly reveals that peers have a total of £5.7m in EU pension pots. Around a third of that is covered by the pensions of just three peers. Given that the Brexit bill majorities in the Lords were vastly bigger than a handful - I recall 122 last week - the Mail's implication that the votes were bought never gets off the ground. Never mind. It will sow the required seeds among people who just read headlines. And of course, the cheap principle of personalising the enemies also holds good. Enemies of the People and all that. Sod the possibility that those judges were simply interpreting the law to the best of their ability - let's publish their pictures and try to prove how elitist and superior they are by revealing titbits such as - wait for it, this is the big one - that one of these sniffy posh people is a homosexual!

And of course, the Brexit tabloids are always prepared - as here - to wind up its readers with revelations about public officials with inflated senses of entitlement ripping the ordinary man off. Never fails. As you say, it's one of the reasons people voted Brexit.

And of course the reverse is true. JRM has offshore accounts he is desperate to keep whilst the EU is bringing in legislation to stop tax avoidance. 60 Tory MPs are running the country. Every working class person should be able to see right through them, but are blinded by the press and propaganda.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
And of course the reverse is true. JRM has offshore accounts he is desperate to keep whilst the EU is bringing in legislation to stop tax avoidance.

:lolol: EU is the cause and gateway for most tax avoidance in the UK. they will do nothing for tax avoidance as freedom of movement of capital allows it, until they control taxation.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
:lolol: EU is the cause and gateway for most tax avoidance in the UK. they will do nothing for tax avoidance as freedom of movement of capital allows it, until they control taxation.

It started in January 2016.
https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_custo...dance-package/anti-tax-avoidance-directive_en

Britain tried watering it down in 2017

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...tax-haven-blacklist-uk-blocking-a8043881.html

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...anti-tax-avoidance-schemes-for-multinationals

https://www.ft.com/content/c4d721dc-d9cf-11e7-a039-c64b1c09b482
EUfinance ministers have blacklisted 17 countries for refusing to co-operate with its crackdown on tax havens but have welcomed reform promises from 47 other nations.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It started in January 2016.
https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_custo...dance-package/anti-tax-avoidance-directive_en

Britain tried watering it down in 2017

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...tax-haven-blacklist-uk-blocking-a8043881.html

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...anti-tax-avoidance-schemes-for-multinationals

https://www.ft.com/content/c4d721dc-d9cf-11e7-a039-c64b1c09b482
EUfinance ministers have blacklisted 17 countries for refusing to co-operate with its crackdown on tax havens but have welcomed reform promises from 47 other nations.

And this is why I post links to Twitter quotes and urls, because people tell me, my posts are wrong, when I have seen the evidence. That's why I try to back up my opinions with links.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Close.
All Brexiteers are worried because they may not get what they want or at least a very watered down version.
Worried that freedom of movement will not be removed and old Blighty will still be overrun by Johnny Foreigner taking all our jobs and clogging up the NHS ( the main reason we voted leave)
Worried that they are going to have so much egg on their faces and remainers can say we told you so.
Worried that just a small gust of wind from over the channel is going to blow their Union Jack, fluttering from the flag pole at the end of their garden, clean away.
That is why none of them want the 2nd referendum at the end and come up with the most feeble excuses not to have one.

You claim to know the mind of all Brexiteers :rolleyes::lolol::facepalm:

The people that have most to be worried about are the undemocratic loons if they actually succeeded in thwarting Brexit, unfortunately, they are too arrogant/stupid to realise this.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
And this is why I post links to Twitter quotes and urls, because people tell me, my posts are wrong, when I have seen the evidence. That's why I try to back up my opinions with links.

EU site, Guardian, Independent and the FT (all rabidly pro Remain) ... no wonder you are so 'well informed'. :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
IMG_0215.JPG

Cyprus to win

Don't get many of them to the pound!

Jan 30, 2008
Close.
just like this feeble excuse
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here