Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
He voted to ditch £40.29m in EU funding for his area. He's a bit thick.

You have a position where you cannot contemplate that the government can match funding withdrawn from the EU, its all got drowned in your 'side of a bus' jibe.

So your point to me isn't warranted, perhaps he shares that view too.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Do you want some dinner?
Yes please.
Here you go
But what's this, a chocolate swiss roll covered in gravy with brussels sprouts and capers?
Yes
But that's not what I wanted.
You said yes to dinner, there's your dinner.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Do you want some dinner?
Yes please.
Here you go
But what's this, a chocolate swiss roll covered in gravy with brussels sprouts and capers?
Yes

Jeeeez new depths, WTF was that ...................................

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You have a position where you cannot contemplate that the government can match funding withdrawn from the EU, its all got drowned in your 'side of a bus' jibe.

So your point to me isn't warranted, perhaps he shares that view too.

You have comprehensively missed the point.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I find that such an ignorant comment, something that has been used frequently on this thread, especially in light of the comments towards this chap on QT, on this thread alone there has been quite a character assignation on him purely for his Brexit views.

He seems to be deemed working class purely on his northern dialect, I know he mention immigration and its effects on the working class but he might be working class he might not.

He is white and assumed to be working class and most Remainers on here have flippantly called him a racists, a fool, thick Yorkshireman, less informed, out of touch, old woolyhead, and now a new one brainless f**ckwit.

He only posed a view on QT and was roundly applauded and then received dogs abuse by you lot, I wonder if you might have lent the same prejudices and stereotypes to an Asian or black audience member as you have just done to this fella.

These sorts of comments on a football forum are brilliant. Did you, hand on heart, never once join in with songs such as "you dirty Northern b'stards", "Southerners ,la la la" and "in your Northern slums". Have you never once used a regional slur during the course of a game. Do you, in fact, wait for the likes of Barnsley, Wednesday :lolol: , Leeds et al to come down so that you can seek out their fans and engage them in earnest and friendly conversation about how bad it is to have a few brown smelly people in your town?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I see the Mail, Express et al have gone bat-sh1t crazy over "sack the rebels", blaming them for the potential collapse of Brexit, the possibility of a "Marxist" Labour government etc.

Grieve For Europe indeed! The Tory party has ALWAYS been split on this issue and to expect 100% unity at any given time is fantasyland.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
A very good analogy....that’s what.

Let me run it past you again, ready ?

Do you want some dinner?
Yes please.
Here you go
Yes

A very good analogy, get over yourself, if he could delete it and get away with it he would, frankly if you could you would too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Do you want some dinner?
Yes please.
Here you go
Yes

A very good analogy, get over yourself, if he could delete it and get away with it he would, frankly if you could you would too.

Do you not get the very clear point?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
These sorts of comments on a football forum are brilliant. Did you, hand on heart, never once join in with songs such as "you dirty Northern b'stards", "Southerners ,la la la" and "in your Northern slums". Have you never once used a regional slur during the course of a game. Do you, in fact, wait for the likes of Barnsley, Wednesday :lolol: , Leeds et al to come down so that you can seek out their fans and engage them in earnest and friendly conversation about how bad it is to have a few brown smelly people in your town?

It wasn't really the 'northern' bit though was it and it wasn't a football song or a bit of 'bantz' it was sincere prejudice and stereotyping posted exclusively by Remainers, something I am guessing they wouldn't have done if the questioner wasn't white.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Go on then HT, you do one see if you can do any better, go on I dare ya.

I'll start it off

Do you want some dinner ?

:ffsparr:

HT: That’s a bit of a vague, possibly disingenuous, question and could be interpreted differently by different people. Care to explain what the dining options are so I do not say yes and get something I didn’t ask for.

Waiter:chocolate swiss roll covered in gravy with brussels sprouts and capers?

HT: Yuk, no thanks.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Do you want some dinner?
Yes please.
Here you go
Yes

Nope. I stand by it. 'tis a pity you don't even get the most basic analogies spelled out in the simplest way to make a very simple point.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
HT: That’s a bit of a vague, possibly disingenuous, question and could be interpreted differently by different people. Care to explain what the dining options are so I do not say yes and get something I didn’t ask for.

Waiter:chocolate swiss roll covered in gravy with brussels sprouts and capers?

HT: Yuk, no thanks.

Brilliant.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nope. I stand by it. 'tis a pity you don't even get the most basic analogies spelled out in the simplest way to make a very simple point.

I’m hoping the penny drops with my response.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
In your area? Without now googling, how much EU funding did you receive?

Without now googling, how much UK taxpayers money (net contributions) have we sent to the EU since 2010 ?(helpful hint it's over £70 Billion)

For a bonus point how much had HM treasury forecast, we would have been paying (net) over the next 4 years ?(helpful hint it's over £40 Billion)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is becoming surreal so I am outta here, Happy Christmas to you both.

You can't just LEAVE! There has to be a divorce bill and two year implementation period first.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here