View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
626. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

    440 70.29%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

    186 29.71%
  1. #52491
    Members Super Steve Earle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Work in Brighton
    Posts
    3,397


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by portlock seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate to break it to you but it’s been turning for some time now and Todays probably the half way mark. Whether it goes any further and we sail off on 270 degrees into neither here nor there lands remains to be seen. But I think it’s the most likely, a compromise that everyone’s unhappy with.
    I only said it for comedy value but, I must admit I deal with a wide cross section of people of all types and the remainers have been virtually non-existent. My impression is that they are a noisy minority but, of course, that's a given because they need to try and change the will of the majority. I don't see any significant evidence of turning at all.
    I hope you meet someone your height, so you can see eye to eye with someone as small as you!

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #52492

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I agree with all that. But the caveats are these. We need to have a general election before the Brexit clocks stops ticking or it will be too late. That means the conservatives calling an early election.....that will only happen if she is forced out by her own party (not much sign of that now - despite my early evening spasm of missplaced optmism). The other is this. I actually think that Corbyn is a principled old gentleman (in that he makes his choices on the basis of perceived principle - wrong and bad though these decisions sometimes may be) who has no desire to manipulate his stance to curry votes. I am not saying he never prevaricates by the way, and he gets very pissy and defensive when put on the spot. But cunning strategising to win, a la Mandleson and Blair, is just not Corbyn.
      Agree on Corbyn, but he is there because of the union barons. Len McCluskey is one who (probably rightly) sees Brexit as a right wing plot. "These people see in Brexit the chance to turn Britain into the low-wage, deregulated, race-to-the-bottom society of their dreams.” He wants in. Lots to play for.
    • #52493
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      Tupnorth
      Posts
      388


      0 Not allowed!
      https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...look-like.html

      No mention of soft,hard or any other form of brexit just do you wish to remain in or leave the EU.
      I seem to remember that leave had the most votes.As in a parliamentary election most votes gets the win whether you like it or not.A can of worms,(the future of this countries democracy is the issue),is about to be opened and the outcome of that is any ones guess.Be careful what you wish for,it may turn out to be the end of this nations freedom to have a say!
    • #52494
      A. Virgo, Football Genius
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      25,069


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Treaties have to be agreed. Each time there has been a treaty, we've come out of it in a better position.
      i cant take you seriously, each treaty devolves more power, more integration with the EU. if you are remainer that is what you are surely in favour of, but want to claim the deeper ties dont exist?
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
    • #52495

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Super Steve Earle View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I only said it for comedy value but, I must admit I deal with a wide cross section of people of all types and the remainers have been virtually non-existent. My impression is that they are a noisy minority but, of course, that's a given because they need to try and change the will of the majority. I don't see any significant evidence of turning at all.
      I just think we’re a listless ship in need of a captain because we’re just going, well, nobody knows. Let’s just hope the world isn’t flat!
      "Never miss a good chance to shut up"
    • #52496
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Posts
      8,779


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by cunning fergus View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Hmmm, how about excluding those citizens with inherited assets of more than 1m............even better if they could be excluded from standing as MPs.
      If Jeremy Corbyn said that you'd say he was mad but now the revolution has revolved you're shouting the same mantra. I certainly do not see why I should not be allowed to vote or stand to vote due to a bit of luck.

      National Socialism is a word deliberately not used currently by the neo "liberals" but it will be soon and big business is the finance behind it.
    • #52497
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      Faversham
      Posts
      12,405


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Gina Miller isn't a foundation for any sort of edifice - I was just using the awful woman as evidence of double-speak. Half of May's own party are anti-Brexit, ffs. The Whole Political establishment in this country was shocked and outraged by people voting to leave the EU - and they will try anything to overturn the referendum. Do you seriously think otherwise? I mean, seriously - come on! Get real, and admit what's happening, even if you personally would love to see the referendum reversed too. (I can accept that view, even if I disagree with it, but I cannot accept the ridiculous denial that the full force of the political establishment is up to its neck in trying to hinder/delay/stop Brexit.)
      And forget all that Department S, A team carp - it's real government departments involved, not fantasy organisations.
      If I thought the political establishment, which includes remain voter Theresa May, want to scupper the referendum outcome, they have had every opportunity to do so. They could stand up and say 'this is all unworkable - we shall have another general election that will also be a referendum - vote tory and we remain'. Instead thay have absolutely destroyed themselves. How can absolutely destroying their own political reputations be part of a cunning plan? Are you suggesting that Davies and Boris resigned because they are secret remainers who want to destroy Brexit by bringing theselves and their party into ridicule?

      I think you are just worried that Brexit may not happen and are looking for people to blame

      Don't worry - it WILL happen. But it will be really horrible.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

      Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre
    • #52498
      Technocrat
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Haywards Heath
      Posts
      14,425


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You can't just pick and choose your statistics. You said we only had 10 MEPs, when we have 73. That's almost a tenth of the European Parliament out of 28 countries.
      Yes Socialists and Democrats will tend to stick together but when it comes to voting for something the UK doesn't want, then that is also negotiated by the heads of states, as well.
      You and I vote for 10 MEPs by proportional representation. Our vote doesn't count for the other 63 UK MEPs, so when voting they are irrelevant.

      Which EU voting bloc do our MEPs they belong to? Which one do you support?
    • #52499
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Posts
      8,779


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Do people actually read stuff like that and think. Hmmm, yeah good points Melanie. Well, clearly they do otherwise we wouldn't be in this hellish mess. It's mind boggling and would be funny, but......
      I certainly didn't.....
    • #52500
      Members GT49er's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      Gloucester
      Posts
      22,254


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      They could stand up and say 'this is all unworkable - we shall have another general election that will also be a referendum - vote tory and we remain'.
      No they couldn't.