View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
587. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

416 70.87%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

171 29.13%
Page 5237 of 5987 FirstFirst ... 4237473751375187522752345235523652375238523952405247528753375737 ... LastLast
Results 52,361 to 52,370 of 59869
    Members

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by oneillco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well that was the problem; a lot of people voted on an emotional rather than informed basis. To appeal on an emotional level it's easy to say "we want an independent Britain which has taken back control and is not being ruled from Brussels" and no amount of actual information about the downside of leaving the EU could outweigh that simple emotional message. Problem is that this seemingly simple concept of "taking back control" is an unobtainable fantasy if a country still wants to trade and cooperate with its nearest neighbours (which happens to be the richest and most stable area in the world).

Wow yes that is just simply it.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      The BBC are circulating rumours that there is to be an imminent vote of no confidence in the PM.
      REMF Quiz Champion 2016

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
      My point was - he'd win if he did that. But he won't compromise his view.... so he rather shoots himself in the foot, it seems.
      It's a deep rooted conviction.

For all our views as holidaymakers and supporters of free trade etc on the EU, Corbyn/McDonnell/McClusky are absolutely certain that the EU is a conspiracy of big business, the wealthy and powerful across Europe to make the wealthy wealthier and a drive to the bottom on wages from freedom of movement.

Most people in the UK simply can't take this on board. They make a lazy and wildly incorrect assumption that only right wing nationalists are against our membership of the EU. Perhaps it because it's unlikely bedfellows wanting our exit.
      Glory hunting since 1969 lawros left foot's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Frutos View Post
      The BBC are circulating rumours that there is to be an imminent vote of no confidence in the PM.
      Great stuff I hope she wins it, it’ll be carnage for longer if she does.
      You be glad you be Sussex born!
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Frutos View Post
      No surprise and I defy any politician to have handled this Brexit shit storm well and to most people’s satisfaction. Totally poisoned chalice trying to lead Britain out of Europe
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

0 Not allowed!
      1922 Committee meeting at 1730 apparently. Widely reported Sir Graham Brady has the 48 letters required.
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
      Given that this mess is entirely Brexit driven, this question can only be answered by knowing where Labour stand in this debate. Personally I haven't got a clue and they are clearly just as split as the Tories but managing to stay largely under the radar because they are not in government. Some sensible and genuine leadership by JC re Brexit is desperately needed but no sign so far. So really no better or worse than May.
      As a labour supporter I have to agree with a lot of this. Corbyn didn’t look vehemently pro Europe during the pre Brexit vote.

7/10 wasn’t it.....his quote as to how pro remain he was. He might have had an opportunity but it ‘ll just muddle through now whoever is Tory leader. Boris as PM ? Jesus this is one of the lowest points in my living memory in British politics.
      So, many, many thanks and see you soon, because it’s not a goodbye, I know I will come back, I have to.
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSussex View Post
      1922 Committee meeting at 1730 apparently. Widely reported Sir Graham Brady has the 48 letters required.
      The moral action would then be to offer a General Election if she goes....

Who holds out much hope of any of that lot doing the right thing ?
      Out of contract June 2019 : Bruno, Bong, Kayal, Murray

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      No surprise and I defy any politician to have handled this Brexit shit storm well and to most people’s satisfaction. Totally poisoned chalice trying to lead Britain out of Europe
      Correct because it’s a stupid decision to leave.
      So, many, many thanks and see you soon, because it’s not a goodbye, I know I will come back, I have to.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      I do find it baffling that you continue to sneer at May and the Tories. How exactly would Labour deal with Brexit any better? They've been scared to tell anyone what they stand for, so they're actually no better.
      It's a divisive issue without a shadow of a doubt. Labour have dealt with it so far by having a second leadership election, and multiple sackings of the shadow cabinet of anyone not prepared to tow the party line. I'm not even sure this Toryshambles is about brexit, or just another power grab inside the party sensing it is the moment to deal with a leader that took them to a GE and lost a portion of their majority. She has been on borrowed time since then.