Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
It's gonna be Ok Watford mate, whatever happens. Come off NSC for tonight have a bottle of red and FFS have a shag. It won't seem so bad in the morning.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Well, well, well... Robert Peston in an honest interview says that Brexit Voters were 'on the right side of history' mmmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucguJvuKmQg

Really interesting interview,this book is also well worth reading for the more aggressive remainiacs on here.
59c6ebc4fea3093869e1da77501091eb.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, well, well... Robert Peston in an honest interview says that Brexit Voters were 'on the right side of history' mmmm

Odd, he doesn't say that, not the way you're implying.

He's clearly saying given the opportunity to stick 2 fingers up at the establishment, those that did are on the right side of history.
He goes on to say how nobody knows how this will turn out because all we have done is throw all the cards up in the air.

For what it's worth (nothing), I agree, I just wish the game in question wasn't 5 Bullet Russian Roulette.

In that aspect America got it right.
By voting in the world's loosest cannon, they can unite (or not) against him, and start over with a little more accountability.

We (you) voted out of something based on false rhetoric and lies spewed forth by people who now can't run away from the problem fast enough.
While those who were telling us to remain were so inept, they became a self fulfilling prophecy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's gonna be Ok Watford mate, whatever happens. Come off NSC for tonight have a bottle of red and FFS have a shag. It won't seem so bad in the morning.

You clearly haven't been shagged by drunk Watford. :lol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

He is not suggesting that leaving the EU is a good idea, he is saying this is the kick up the arse the political class needed, I am not at all sure he is right about that either.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The gift that keeps on giving

View attachment 101622

I know. You would have thought, after I’d pointed out [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] posts unfounded gibberish and lies he’d stop and think about his next post. But no, he makes up further nonsense. He’s so easy to play. In fact, the fact his crap is on demand makes it a bit boring now.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Brilliant interview. I can think of a few remainers who should watch that and then have a very serious think about why their views are now a minority. Remember, as he said himself, Peston was a remainer and voted remain. Admitting you got it wrong is a hard thing to do - but he managed it; I wonder how many others will have the guts to do the same.

Don't fanny about arguing with me - I can't be bothered with this vitriolic thread any more, so rarely even look at it, let alone contribute to it (it's a bit of a remainer love-in after all) - but just watch what Peston says......................... then think hard.

OK, some hard liners won't be arsed to do that. I leave them to their own devices.

Peston admits he became out of touch with people. He's nothing more than a social commentator, to me it sounds like he's lost the plot completely.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Brilliant interview. I can think of a few remainers who should watch that and then have a very serious think about why their views are now a minority. Remember, as he said himself, Peston was a remainer and voted remain. Admitting you got it wrong is a hard thing to do - but he managed it; I wonder how many others will have the guts to do the same.

Don't fanny about arguing with me - I can't be bothered with this vitriolic thread any more, so rarely even look at it, let alone contribute to it (it's a bit of a remainer love-in after all) - but just watch what Peston says......................... then think hard.

OK, some hard liners won't be arsed to do that. I leave them to their own devices.

Admitting he got the vote wrong. Nothing else. We will know who was 'right or wrong' regarding the countries future after leaving the EU.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Peston admits he became out of touch with people. He's nothing more than a social commentator, to me it sounds like he's lost the plot completely.

Read the book last Christmas, its a bit all over the place TBH trying to appeal to everyone. The book sold well

Yes, the left behinds had a "one in the eye for London" protest vote

But the reality is the EU isn't the reason the UK is so divided economically, and leaving it and making everyone poorer won't help the situation. Its a lot more complicated than that

The pot of cash of going to be smaller and with the Tories at the helm those at the margins will suffer most.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Peston admits he became out of touch with people.

Quite. And his views on working class voters, like myself, are not alligned with how I feel.

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
I must say this seems to sum things up!

"Instead of ‘taking back control and sovereignty’ to return to grandiose empire and the nation of heroic war, Brexit has shown Britain for what it is.

A medium-sized power, steeped in austerity and left behind in commercial productivity, completely dependent on the good-will and cooperation with the EU and the US to prosper and be secure.

In 2016, it was ‘we hold all the cards’. In 2017, it was ‘the easiest trade deal in human history’. In early 2018, it was ‘we don’t need a deal, we can trade on WTO terms’.

Now we know nearly two dozen nations are objecting to the WTO terms we want to trade on.

To gain ‘control and sovereignty’ from an ‘unelected EU’ - where our elected leaders sit in the European Council, appointing the European Commission civil service working for them (just like our civil service), controlled by our elected MEPs in the European Parliament, the fanatical Leavers want to move the nearly 70% of our trade that is to or through EU deals to an unelected WTO where any of 160+ countries can cause the havoc they please with our trade - and choosing to be the only country in the whole world in this position.

To do this, we must also walk away from the dozens of EU agencies which regulate the functioning of our society and give up 750+ trade arrangements with the rest of the world through the EU.

Our reward will be chaos for our trade and business, shortage of supplies and wartime emergency measures and a massive economic shock for everyday people.

You must be a special kind of dumb to want this. Yes, this is you, hardline Leavers. Lied to by rich, self-serving charlatans in politics, press and by the Russian bots, you believe every word, gullibly.

This is not what decent, clear-thinking, responsible people voted for in 2016, even if they voted Leave.

It’s time to say No to the idiocy of Nigel Farage and Jacob-Rees Mogg, the Brexit parliamentary ilk and the nutters who still worship the moronic fantasy.

Ask for a #PeoplesVote. Take back control and make Britain great again for ordinary people. Our problem is not the EU. Our problem is our politicians - and ourselves who vote them in."

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

"Instead of ‘taking back control and sovereignty’ to return to grandiose empire and the nation of heroic war, Brexit has shown Britain for what it is.

A medium-sized power, steeped in austerity and left behind in commercial productivity, completely dependent on the good-will and cooperation with the EU and the US to prosper and be secure.

In 2016, it was ‘we hold all the cards’. In 2017, it was ‘the easiest trade deal in human history’. In early 2018, it was ‘we don’t need a deal, we can trade on WTO terms’.

Now we know nearly two dozen nations are objecting to the WTO terms we want to trade on.

To gain ‘control and sovereignty’ from an ‘unelected EU’ - where our elected leaders sit in the European Council, appointing the European Commission civil service working for them (just like our civil service), controlled by our elected MEPs in the European Parliament, the fanatical Leavers want to move the nearly 70% of our trade that is to or through EU deals to an unelected WTO where any of 160+ countries can cause the havoc they please with our trade - and choosing to be the only country in the whole world in this position.

To do this, we must also walk away from the dozens of EU agencies which regulate the functioning of our society and give up 750+ trade arrangements with the rest of the world through the EU.

Our reward will be chaos for our trade and business, shortage of supplies and wartime emergency measures and a massive economic shock for everyday people.

You must be a special kind of dumb to want this. Yes, this is you, hardline Leavers. Lied to by rich, self-serving charlatans in politics, press and by the Russian bots, you believe every word, gullibly.

This is not what decent, clear-thinking, responsible people voted for in 2016, even if they voted Leave.

It’s time to say No to the idiocy of Nigel Farage and Jacob-Rees Mogg, the Brexit parliamentary ilk and the nutters who still worship the moronic fantasy.

Ask for a #PeoplesVote. Take back control and make Britain great again for ordinary people. Our problem is not the EU. Our problem is our politicians - and ourselves who vote them in."

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

The two main parties need to hang their heads in shame. Both have completely failed us all and made our country a laughing stock

Anyone who thinks the risk / reward case for Brexit stacks up now is off their trolley

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just over 3 weeks now to stock up your tinned food and jerry cans before the first wave of *no deal* panic buying hits.

I wonder if our rations cards in April will be blue like our passports ? ???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

All of this 100%.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
[tweet]1055516106985738240[/tweet]
I particularly love all the video evidence of Farage and co saying before the vote how great a Norway outcome would be, and how no one was saying we'd leave the single market.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here