Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Point me in the direction of The Irish Government saying anything helpful or positive, or even thinking about it.

dont think thats fair, the Irish government are stuck because they want to recognise the GFA and CTA but have to contend with EU law in event of hard brexit, which conflicts with both. they were positive early on, and intermittently say things that are more constructive than from EU, but have to toe the line as well.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Point me in the direction of The Irish Government saying anything helpful or positive, or even thinking about it.

They've agreed to the backstop and agreed to a UK wide 'temporary' custom territory and are happy the Good Friday Agreement is intact, which none of the Tory Brexiteers seem to care about or understand the importance of.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
They've agreed to the backstop and agreed to a UK wide 'temporary' custom territory and are happy the Good Friday Agreement is intact, which none of the Tory Brexiteers seem to care about or understand the importance of.

Tory Brexiteers would be happy to just let Ireland burn just to fulfill their English nationalist agenda

If May pulls off her fudge and get her deal over the line, expect the whole Scotland independence issue to return with vengeance. I'm sure they will want to join NI in the single market

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Tory Brexiteers would be happy to just let Ireland burn just to fulfill their English nationalist agenda

thats clearly not accurate when they are making threat to the Union a principle objection of the deal on offer.

and the current plan is for NI to be in the single market for only transistion period. if Scotland want to join that, they've misunderstood it.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

If May pulls off her fudge and get her deal over the line, expect the whole Scotland independence issue to return with vengeance. I'm sure they will want to join NI in the single market

I firmly believe in a 2nd vote now, we've learnt a great deal since and many Brexiteers like myself are likely to vote to remain now given the Hobson's choice we're facing. As you allude, the break up of the UK isn't worth paying IMO anyway.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Then we’ll have a hard Scottish border too!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Then we’ll have a hard Scottish border too!

Precisely, we need to face up to this referendum should never have been called least of all without all these matters being clearly resolved up front so we knew what was what.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Precisely, we need to face up to this referendum should never have been called least of all without all these matters being clearly resolved up front so we knew what was what.

A 52 / 48 result with 2 countries for IN, 2 for OUT was always going to be problematic. The referendum flew in the face of devolution, we will pay a heavy price for dismissing this if we go ahead as we are

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A 52 / 48 result with 2 countries for IN, 2 for OUT was always going to be problematic. The referendum flew in the face of devolution, we will pay a heavy price for dismissing this if we go ahead as we are

Agree. Reality is, we can't leave. We really can't. Perhaps 25 years ago but not now. Too locked in. Should never been put to a vote therefore. I mean, I'd like to time travel but that's pie in the sky too.

Jan 30, 2008
The Times newspaper or your opinion?

It's a tough one, but I think my proclivity toward which I'm actually more interested in is, on balance, the former.
all you've done is assumed this and assumed that through out the Brexit process and hoping at some point you might be right , basically you've been pissing into the wind but you're entitled your opinion. i'll stick to my guns though
regards
DR

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Agree. Reality is, we can't leave. We really can't. Perhaps 25 years ago but not now. Too locked in. Should never been put to a vote therefore. I mean, I'd like to time travel but that's pie in the sky too.

Exactly, the only way to fix the EU is from within. You can then ride on the waves of anti-EU feeling (every now and then) and use it to your advantage.

Unfortunately we've thrown our toys out the pram.

Personally I find it mildly sinister how difficult it is to leave the EU without being "punished", but you don't change that by walking away.

Jan 30, 2008
Exactly, the only way to fix the EU is from within. You can then ride on the waves of anti-EU feeling (every now and then) and use it to your advantage.

Unfortunately we've thrown our toys out the pram.

Personally I find it mildly sinister how difficult it is to leave the EU without being "punished", but you don't change that by walking away.
yes you do , they won't be coming out of this smelling of roses ?
regards
DR

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Personally I was never a fan of devolution but that's where we and the referendum hasn't respected it
So you think it's bad that Scotland's views are not being represented.

Do you think it's okay for Scotland's voters to effectively veto what a majority of English, Welsh and Northern Irish voters want?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here