Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Jan 30, 2008
We are at the point where we have a little clarity, this deal or a tweaked version of it, No Deal, or Remain.

But I think there is still a lot of fantasy going on about no deal.
No deal is not likely to produce a situation where we give the EU none of the divorce settlement, we will seek to have a number of Bi-lateral agreements, and leaving them with our debt is going to make that a bit tougher on us. My reckoning is we will pay a bit less though.
If we leave with No Deal on the 29th March, there is no certainty of a transition period being afforded us, it might happen to save us from a cliff edge, if the EU can see a benefit for them too, like getting all the divorce settlement, and not facing the cliff edge themselves, even if their cliff is a lot smaller.
We would need to have bi-lateral agreements in many areas, this would involve us adopting EU rules in those areas, no big change for us then, but we would still have the effective situation that a lot of our new laws each year originate in Brussels, only this time, we didn't help create them.
No deal is likely to end up with us looking quite like the Swiss in a few years time in regards to our relationship with the EU. Freedom of movement is likely to return at some point in the future, as a bi lateral agreement, we will of course make the sovereign decision in Parliament to accept it, and not have it forced upon us, but the end result is very similar, only worse because we can't shape the rules.

I can't be certain that Free movement will return, but neither is it possible to say it will never return, as a non member state.
why would we remain, when the Democratic vote was to leave ???
regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Still think 'no deal' is a runner?

Yep.

Still the biggest nause in town?

David, I’m just a humble Sales Director. I’m not involved in negotiating the intricacies of the UK trading under WTO. To be honest, with a young family I haven’t got the time either. However, I have every confidence that however turbulent a disorderly exit may be in the short term we’ll recover quickly and go on to be an even more prosperous nation than we currently are. I suspect most leave voters took a mid to long term view, rather than shitting themselves about day 1 after Brexit.

We’re on our way and I can’t wait. #Excited

Understand what trading under WTO rules means yet ? (You know, the whole basis of the 'no deal' you still think is a runner)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
https://news.sky.com/story/easyjet-sees-higher-2019-demand-despite-brexit-11558562
Despite Brexit! Here was I thinking that the planes were going to be grounded. Yet they're still taking bookings. How strange.

Book early, while the pound still has some value.
If this deal drags on, being kicked back and forth between Parliaments here and there for amendment, and then fails, you might well see a week or two of issues around flights in April, but it should get sorted by the Summer, unless David Davis is put in charge of sorting it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Tell you what, if their planes are grounded the sods will still manage to avoid paying anything to stranded passengers. They still owe me 600 quid from when they cancelled a flight in the summer. And I used to think they were nicer than Ryanair.

Anyone booking now best read the small print in their travel insurance in case we leave with *no deal* ( no worries if DisMay's deal goes through, of course ).

It'll be expensive to get an emergency flight to Ireland, cross the land border and then get back home.

Jan 30, 2008
anyone booking now best read the small print in their travel insurance in case we leave with *no deal* ( no worries if dismay's deal goes through, of course ).

It'll be expensive to get an emergency flight to ireland, cross the land border and then get back home.
more project fear .:rolleyes:
regards
DR

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So you claim that brexit is better than remaining but have zero evidence to back that claim up?

Yes I do claim Brexit is better than remaining - I don't believe being part of the eventual United States of Europe would be good for us. I've never said we would be better off financially though ..... and we certainly won't be in the immediate future.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So it looks like Easyjet are another one confident there won't be a 'no deal' :thumbsup:

The same Easyjet who are now an Austrian company?

The company is seeking majority European Economic Area ownership - which excludes the UK - to help achieve that with the figure currently at 47%.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here