Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
it's a sickening drip drip drip. These jobs matter you can't pretend they don't. Our weakness is their gain it is that simple.

Of course they matter. It's ridiculous to just brush news like this off.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
copy and paste job from the EMA website

Bilateral interactions with non-EU regulators

The European Medicines Agency cooperates with many of the world’s largest regulatory bodies outside the European Union (EU) in areas such as inspections, safety of medicines and exchange of information on issues of mutual concern.
In an increasingly globalised pharmaceutical market and a world in which public health issues go beyond national borders, cooperation among medicine regulators has become key to supervising complex supply chains and avoiding duplication of regulatory work and make best use of resources.
International agreements are the basis for current model of collaboration, allowing not only sharing of information but also sharing of work.
In cooperating with non-EU regulators, EMA focuses on mutual reliance and work-sharing and training and capacity-building in countries with less-developed regulatory systems.

Bilateral interactions with non-EU regulators
The Agency has agreements in place with regulators including:
United States of America
Canada
Japan
Switzerland
Australia
New Zealand
Israel

The Agency supports the European Commission's collaboration on pharmaceuticals with:
China
India
Russia

http://www.ema.europa.eu/ema/index....ral_content_000214.jsp&mid=WC0b01ac058003176d

International agreements

EMA has formalised its working relations with a number of third-country regulators through bilateral confidentiality arrangements.
These arrangements enable the parties to exchange confidential information and provide a framework for regulatory cooperation. Their scope focusses on centrally authorised products, including marketing authorisation applications and referrals for human and veterinary medicines.
Switzerland and the World Health Organization (WHO) signed the most recent confidentiality arrangements with EMA in 2015.
The emphasis is on exchange of information concerning regulatory guidance, legislation and non-public information on products, as well as safety information including adverse reactions, good manufacturing practice (GMP) and good clinical practice (GCP) inspection findings.

The Agency has confidentiality arrangements with:
Australia (Therapeutic Goods Administration )
Canada (Health Canada)
Japan (Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare and Pharmaceuticals and Japanese Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Agency (PMDA) )
Switzerland (Swiss Agency for Therapeutic Products and the Swiss Federal Department of Home Affairs )
United States (Food and Drug Administration )
WHO

Mutual recognition
The EU has signed a number of mutual recognition agreements with third-country authorities concerning the conformity assessment of regulated products, which cover the mutual recognition of GMP compliance for human and veterinary medicines.
These agreements aim to facilitate market access while protecting consumer safety and encourage greater international harmonisation of compliance standards.
The EU has mutual recognition agreements with:

http://www.ema.europa.eu/ema/index....ral_content_001842.jsp&mid=WC0b01ac0580c4d3ff

I don’t pretend to understand what these agreements with non EU countries and regulators mean in the context of data sharing and access to disease databases which is why I posed the question to Herr T as this is his job and he brought up the subject of access to disease databases as something he has an above average insight into.
It could be he only deals with intra EU data sharing and doesn’t know either with regard to non EU data sharing/access according to these agreements as this is not something he has knowledge of, I don’t know though, he hasn’t come back with a reply.

This isn’t what I was talking about. These are “information” sharing agreements relating to various elements of processes, standards and conduct. For example the US one is just an agreement about manufacturing...nothing more from what I can tell. There’s another with another nation just about site inspection. Whilst these are important and help things along I don’t think these will be much of an issue with Brexit. My point was more about the sharp end of R&D and the loss of access to various programs, boards, bodies, information, data, personnel and research the EU and EMA are involved in and own.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
You clearly can't read then. I thought some of them were only doing it for a wind-up/second accounts but it has become clear many actually believe the :shit: they spout .... it's beyond embarrassing. :facepalm:

Tick Tock ...

article-0-054BD83F000005DC-981_233x423.jpg

Another rambling post saying nothing. What is it with Brexiteers?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
come back to the UK and find out about getting an appointment at your GP without having to justify your self, travelling to and from work in grid lock YOU GRIZZLERS TALK ABOUT FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT but that's not happening in the UK , need to shut the door to over population of this country
regards
DR

I expected a ridiculous response. You didnt disappoint.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside, EMA moving from Canary Wharf to Amsterdam is a good/clever move as it will help with staff retention. City Airport to Amsterdam must be all of 40 minutes?

D

Deleted member 22389

Tried to catch a bit of the BBC News at 4:30am on my job. Basically they said these jobs where already going, so people knew long in advance. The person talking about it didn't honestly sound bothered about them going either almost as thou they where a waste of time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Of course they matter. It's ridiculous to just brush news like this off.

And in the case of the EMA these are 900 high-worth positions which come with a lot of excellence, beneficial networks and influence. The agency also brought in 35,000 business visitors a year plus it was the catalyst for numerous conferences. Losing this is a huge huge blow; it made the UK the centre of this industry in Europe, an industry which by some measurements is the third biggest in the world. There was a reason John Major (I think) fought tooth and nail to obtain in.

And just to demonstrate how ****ing clueless David Davis is he stated that the UK could keep it WTF.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So. Davis has caved in over the order of talks, looks set to cave in over separation bill, has now lost these two. The world really is our lobster isn’t it?

Attachments

• B1A02E54-D412-4CF0-BAB8-D633E2BD92B5.jpeg
    B1A02E54-D412-4CF0-BAB8-D633E2BD92B5.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 66

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
And in the case of the EMA these are 900 high-worth positions which come with a lot of excellence, beneficial networks and influence. The agency also brought in 35,000 business visitors a year plus it was the catalyst for numerous conferences. Losing this is a huge huge blow; it made the UK the centre of this industry in Europe, an industry which by some measurements is the third biggest in the world. There was a reason John Major (I think) fought tooth and nail to obtain in.

And just to demonstrate how ****ing clueless David Davis is he stated that the UK could keep it WTF.

So. Davis has caved in over the order of talks, looks set to cave in over separation bill, has now lost these two. The world really is our lobster isn’t it?

DPGRl6mWsAEiZz1.jpg

Do you actually read what you are posting or rely on pretty pictures?

That FT piece starts with
London battles to keep hold of two main EU agencies
David Davis claims medicine and banking bodies will not have to leave Canary Wharf.

Then the article itself doesn’t even have anything Davis has said himself on that subject but quotes instead a “spokesman”
https://www.ft.com/content/72ead180-229a-11e7-8691-d5f7e0cd0a16

The article and you somewhat contradict the position paper issued by Davis department which recognised EU International departments, agencies and bodies were leaving but was willing to agree to reciprocal arrangements in the spirit of EU protocols and the context of withdrawal negotiations.
“in order to permit the EU a reasonable time in which to wind up its current operations in the UK.” These arrangements would “apply for a limited period after exit”

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa..._Privileges_and_immunities_Position_PapeR.pdf

Not so much keep indefinitely as you are wrongly suggesting but more of give you more time to pack your bags if you want.

Its rather better reported here
https://www.politico.eu/article/davis-proposes-transition-period-for-eu-agencies-in-uk-after-brexit/

“LONDON — The U.K. wants to grant EU organizations and agencies “privileges and immunities” to continue operating in the U.K. for a certain period of time after Brexit — opening the door to a transition period for the European Medicines Agency and the European Banking Authority to relocate from London.”

I would kick the remain rag FT into touch if I were you. But I understand how you gullible types like your headlines rather than the substance.
Project bullshit still going strong

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
come back to the UK and find out about getting an appointment at your GP without having to justify your self, travelling to and from work in grid lock YOU GRIZZLERS TALK ABOUT FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT but that's not happening in the UK , need to shut the door to over population of this country
regards
DR

You'll be in for a big disappointment if you think Brexit will fix that :nono:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
View attachment 91316

Do you actually read what you are posting or rely on pretty pictures?

That FT piece starts with
London battles to keep hold of two main EU agencies
David Davis claims medicine and banking bodies will not have to leave Canary Wharf.

Then the article itself doesn’t even have anything Davis has said himself on that subject but quotes instead a “spokesman”
https://www.ft.com/content/72ead180-229a-11e7-8691-d5f7e0cd0a16

The article and you somewhat contradict the position paper issued by Davis department which recognised EU International departments, agencies and bodies were leaving but was willing to agree to reciprocal arrangements in the spirit of EU protocols and the context of withdrawal negotiations.
“in order to permit the EU a reasonable time in which to wind up its current operations in the UK.” These arrangements would “apply for a limited period after exit”

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa..._Privileges_and_immunities_Position_PapeR.pdf

Not so much keep indefinitely as you are wrongly suggesting but more of give you more time to pack your bags if you want.

Its rather better reported here
https://www.politico.eu/article/davis-proposes-transition-period-for-eu-agencies-in-uk-after-brexit/

“LONDON — The U.K. wants to grant EU organizations and agencies “privileges and immunities” to continue operating in the U.K. for a certain period of time after Brexit — opening the door to a transition period for the European Medicines Agency and the European Banking Authority to relocate from London.”

I would kick the remain rag FT into touch if I were you. But I understand how you gullible types like your headlines rather than the substance.
Project bullshit still going strong

Possibly, buts now a moot point given the organisation has now gone.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Possibly, buts now a moot point given the organisation has now gone.

You could have just said you were talking crap when you were suggesting Davis was trying to keep them here on a more permanent basis.
And i dont think they have gone yet, unless they packed sharpish this morning.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Even if we stopped Brexit today a lot of damage has already been done, the brain drain has started. Brexiteers are trying to put a brave face regarding the loss of these agencies, but this is massive loss of influence for the UK

Meanwhile, we're the CPFC of leading economies when it comes to growth.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here