Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Its not my interpretation,i didnt have any input into the governments amendment to amendment 25.
I suspect the constitutional lawyers tiding up the amendment for the government into legal jargon that negated any concerns of the government and Dodds for that matter are more clued up than out of touch Clarke who is desperately seeking anything as a comfort blanket as his world collapses.

So how are the unified ranks of Jeremys revolution this morning? Must be lovely having a committed Leaver as leader.Matches the now committed leaver of the Tories........great stuff.

I'm sure the Governments lawyers are bang on with everything and it's all watertight just like they were with the Article 50 case. :thumbsup:

Again I'll go with Ken Clarke QC's opinion for now rather than those that agree with a smug, public school, flying spaghetti monster, red trouser wearing pervert on a football forum like yourself.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Thank you for enlightening me. It’s still 4600 UK jobs though.

Again just another warning shot to the government as more jobs go in Brexit heartlands. That said, pretty insignificant relative to the fall out if they get Brexit really wrong

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Attachments

• FB4BFB9D-229A-459B-9DF1-1CD90D5934E8.jpeg
    FB4BFB9D-229A-459B-9DF1-1CD90D5934E8.jpeg
    32.7 KB · Views: 101

Jan 30, 2008
I'm starting to think that Theresa May is in fact a Cockroach, simply because a Cockroach can exist in the most abysmal environmental conditions and indeed survive for several weeks despite being decapitated. It survives simply to survive. It exists simply because it exists. It has no plan or purpose other than to carry on existing. So, this zombie government limps on.

HAVE YOU EVER ASKED A LEAVE VOTER WHY THEY VOTED LEAVE AND IF YOU HAVE WHAT WAS THEIR ANSWER ?
regards
DR

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Not sure if your'e being deliberately mischievous or just having comprehension problems. Either way even rarer would be a blessing.

Sadly, I can comprehend every poorly thought through post you write.

I’ll leave the thread again and no doubt come back to find you still refusing to accept that the referendum result and how we leave the EU are two different things.

I’m assuming you are some Russian bot anyhow. See ya Vlad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Thank you for enlightening me. It’s still 4600 UK jobs though.

off your game there, missed an opportunity to crow over German ownership of a British marque.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It would have been a sight easier without all the remainer spoilers. Negotiating with one arm tied up behind your own back is somewhat difficult

It would have been a sight easier had there been some preparation, some planning and some contingency for a 'no deal' scenario as well as some idea over an agreed, realistic negotiating strategy before just invoking Article 50 over a year ago now, instead of just hitting and hoping and losing control over the destiny of things to The EU. Still, who cares, we're British! (For now at least)

D

Deleted member 22389

It would have been a sight easier had there been some preparation, some planning and some contingency for a 'no deal' scenario as well as some idea over an agreed, realistic negotiating strategy before just invoking Article 50 over a year ago now, instead of just hitting and hoping and losing control over the destiny of things to The EU. Still, who cares, we're British! (For now at least)

That's more to do with the EU rules as we can't make any trade deals until we have officially left. The government have their hands tied. I don't know what deal politicians are expecting this country get, your either in the EU or out.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
That's more to do with the EU rules as we can't make any trade deals until we have officially left. The government have their hands tied. I don't know what deal politicians are expecting this country get, your either in the EU or out.

What have EU rules got to do with contingency planning and applying all the infrastructure, systems, agencies, agreements, staff etc required in place for a 'no deal' scenario? e.g what's required in Kent for Dover/Cheriton.

Jan 30, 2008
What have EU rules got to do with contingency planning and applying all the infrastructure, systems, agencies, agreements, staff etc required in place for a 'no deal' scenario? e.g what's required in Kent for Dover/Cheriton.

blimey you're a bitter person ALONG WITH YOUR EVER DESPERATE SIDE KICKS ON HERE , how are you going to cope when reality smacks you in the face eh, get a grip ffs YOU MAKE IT OUT AS IF THE WORLDS GOING TO FOLD UP ON US :rolleyes:
regards
DR

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Don't you think Cameron should have maybe thought of this before going for the vote/referendum so sure that it would go his way. The coward resigned straightaway knowing what shitstorm was being stirred due to his failure. Maybe a few less scare stories from the start and the result might have gone his way.
Sadly the scare stories get regurgitated n a regular basis on this thread with the timeline for them just being extended although those scenarios were destined almost immediately after the vote according to the Remain rhetoric at the time.
Now we have the job losses at Rolls Royce being blamed on Brexit. What about Ford who move manufacturing to Spain whilst in the EU, All the Coal mines closing whilst in the EU, ship building etc etc all whilst in the EU. Many thousands more jobs gone there .

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Don't you think Cameron should have maybe thought of this before going for the vote/referendum so sure that it would go his way. The coward resigned straightaway knowing what shitstorm was being stirred due to his failure. Maybe a few less scare stories from the start and the result might have gone his way.
Sadly the scare stories get regurgitated n a regular basis on this thread with the timeline for them just being extended although those scenarios were destined almost immediately after the vote according to the Remain rhetoric at the time.
Now we have the job losses at Rolls Royce being blamed on Brexit. What about Ford who move manufacturing to Spain whilst in the EU, All the Coal mines closing whilst in the EU, ship building etc etc all whilst in the EU. Many thousands more jobs gone there .

I agree with you on Cameron. It was an act of total gross negligence to not prepare for the eventuality of a 'leave' vote, as has the total lack of planning been ever since under May. If you still wish to dismiss any negatives of a 'no deal' scenario next March as just being 'Project Fear', that's up to you. Nobody bothered to mention customs checks, let alone everything else, on the Vote Leave side during the wretched Project Fantasy v Project Fear campaign either, it might not have gone down as well in Kent, let alone Northern Ireland if they had.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not so rosey in the Eurozone today then ..... I wonder when HT will blame it in Brexit ?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
HAVE YOU EVER ASKED A LEAVE VOTER WHY THEY VOTED LEAVE AND IF YOU HAVE WHAT WAS THEIR ANSWER ?
regards
DR

Can I mention a random 10, taken from leave-supporting friends and TV interviews...

"I thought it was about whether we want more immigrants."
"There's a lack of democratic accountability."
"Too many Russians are buying houses in London"
"The British are different."
"I hate all those freeloaders in Brussels."
"Cameron is boring. I"m voting for an entertainer politician."
"There's a real problem with muslims."
"Calais has got more fishing boats than Margate."
"People down the shops talking jibber-jabber."
"I want to throw out my rulers if I don't like them."

All are genuine. One or two are sensible. My favourite comment wasn't really a comment at all, and came from someone who probably voted Remain. "I think I voted Labour in that referendum thing but I can't remember."

On such shoulders does the future of our country now lie.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
So have the 'no deal was never an option, we always knew exactly where this would end up crew'. :wink:

So you still believe that we can build a hard border with Ireland, all the customs and border controls at every port and airport in the UK and design and build all the IT systems required in 9 months :facepalm:

Tell me, out of interest, what's the minimum amount of time that you think is needed to implement a 'no deal' :lolol:

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Can I mention a random 10, taken from leave-supporting friends and TV interviews...

"I thought it was about whether we want more immigrants."
"There's a lack of democratic accountability."
"Too many Russians are buying houses in London"
"The British are different."
"I hate all those freeloaders in Brussels."
"Cameron is boring. I"m voting for an entertainer politician."
"There's a real problem with muslims."
"Calais has got more fishing boats than Margate."
"People down the shops talking jibber-jabber."
"I want to throw out my rulers if I don't like them."

All are genuine. One or two are sensible. My favourite comment wasn't really a comment at all, and came from someone who probably voted Remain. "I think I voted Labour in that referendum thing but I can't remember."

On such shoulders does the future of our country now lie.

My favourite was in some desolate spot in Wales, that voted leave. Despite all their recent much needed infrastructure impruvements being funded by the EU. Interviewer asked some woman why she voted leave. Shrugged her shoulders, and said. 'Immigration I suppose'

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here