Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
They already are and know the sunlit uplands wont be reached.

Quite, Nobody in the fishing industry thought Brexit would save them. Just a few head in the sand Tory boys like PPf and Pastafarian who have never done a hard days work in their lives trying to stick up for the "working man". Easy to do from their middle class enclaves in the South East. Clueless doesn't begin to cover it. By voting Brexit they have sealed the fate of many a small, working class community. Sad, really, I think they genuinely meant good on the whole, just too ignorant to know what they were voting for.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I've seen that. I wonder if it means that if there is no deal we'll obtain the right to catch all the fish we want at exactly the same time as we restrict access to the people who want to buy it?

We actually import nearly twice the tonnage of fish we export,apparently.All to do with who has a taste for what,with mackerel being our biggest export.Any tariffs put on by the EU would obviously be returned by us in a pointless tit-for-tat.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Who am I to judge, obviously. I find it very interesting how concerned the some right wing tories are about relatively small deprived communities who are reliant on an industry that doesn't make much money. If only the same people were in charge when coal mines were being closed then the caring lot would have stood by them. It is almost as if they are using a group of people to try and score political points against the EU. Maybe I am just cynical.

Seriously, Farage being on th fisheries committee and turning up a handful of times in several years and is still viewed as a friend of fishermen - you couldn't make it up. People seem to have lost all semblance of reality.

Good to see relatively good news on the economy. Hopefully the rise in unemployment won't become a trend.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It's going to be hilarious when they're all done for fly-tipping.

Do you work for the EU?You sound petty enough to be a perfect fit.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I can't recall any real discussion/debate over the issue of Gibraltar on this thread (apologies if I've missed something). I confess that as a Leaver I don't really feel very well informed on this, other than a feeling that Brexit was hugely unpopular there and that probably they feel very badly let down. The issue now appears to have the potential for scuttling any interim agreement (see extract below). Do Brexiteers in particular have any strong feeling on this one? (Believe it or not and contrary to most assumptions on the thread I'm actually interested in the responses, silly old naïve me.)

The hard-fought agreement between the UK and EU over a 21-month transition period after Brexit has been thrown into doubt after Spain refused to endorse the deal without further concessions over Gibraltar.
With days to go before the 27 EU leaders are expected to welcome the two sides coming together over a 129-page withdrawal agreement, including the terms of the transition, Madrid said it was withholding its support.
It is understood that Spain, which lays claim to the Rock, wants the legal text to be clearer that it has a veto on Gibraltar continuing to enjoy the benefits of the single market and the customs union.
While EU officials are confident they can persuade Spain to back the withdrawal agreement before a sign-off by leaders in Brussels on Friday, it would be a hammer blow if the full 27 member states were not able to endorse a deal in principle on the transition period, given the need to offer reassurance for British businesses.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
That must make you so glad you sad man. Rejoicing about a vote that said leave and gloating because the fishermen aren't getting what they wanted. You must be delighted.

Delighted? That fisherman from my home town have been ****ed over again and were lied to?

Not really.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That must make you so glad you sad man. Rejoicing about a vote that said leave and gloating because the fishermen aren't getting what they wanted. You must be delighted.

Fishing makes up 0.3% of our GDP. It is an iconic but very small industry. We have more important things to worry about. Harsh but true. Voting leave has done that industry more harm than good anyway, they won't be able to shift the small amount of fish they are allowed to catch. Tarifs will finish off that market. Well done, you must be so proud of yourselves.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I'm really rather puzzled as to why there are any Leave voters on this thread at all. If I had "won" and truly believed what I had "won" was for the greater good , was the best thing to happen to Britain and was the absolute way to go, the last thing I would do would be to come on a forum where all the "losers" are "whinging and re-moaning". If I claimed to hate all the negativity and claimed to be bored by all the "snowflakes", I wouldn't even open the thread to look.
If they are so convincved it's all going to be fine. I mean convinced, as they tell us every other post, why would I worry what a few sore losers thought? Certainly wouldn't bother me enough to keep trying to convincve remainers that it'll actually be good for Britain.
It could either be that they are just a bunch of trolls who like a row (some definitely are that) or... unless of course.....

You should have stopped after "I'm really rather puzzled".:lolol:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Seriously, Farage being on th fisheries committee and turning up a handful of times in several years and is still viewed as a friend of fishermen - you couldn't make it up. People seem to have lost all semblance of reality.

The fact that the one Lib Dem MEP for South East England attempted to do more in actually lobbying The EU and DEFRA for changes to the quotas on behalf of her constituents who are fishermen, than all The UKIP expense claimers ever did says it all.

Jan 30, 2008
Fishing makes up 0.3% of our GDP. It is an iconic but very small industry. We have more important things to worry about. Harsh but true. Voting leave has done that industry more harm than good anyway, they won't be able to shift the small amount of fish they are allowed to catch. Tarifs will finish off that market. Well done, you must be so proud of yourselves.
and you call yourself British , :wanker:
regards
DR

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

You have to remember that all his sad ramblings are based on his belief that anyone who disagrees with him is ignorant.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wages rising, inflation falling, lowest unemployment for 42 years, people in employment record highest level ever, GDP + 1.7%, house prices up 4.9%, public sector net borrowing down 7.2 Billion, sterling/dollar exchange rate similar to pre referendum level. Probably a good time to remind ourselves what was predicted for the immediate aftermath of a leave vote...

report1.png

:facepalm:

Could all those peddling this project fear nonsense pre-referendum please form an orderly queue for suitable ridicule punish:

I've lost count, but for (I think) the forty second time, WE HAVEN'T LEFT YET.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The fact that the one Lib Dem MEP for South East England attempted to do more in actually lobbying The EU and DEFRA for changes to the quotas on behalf of her constituents who are fishermen, than all The UKIP expense claimers ever did says it all.

And the fact that the one Lib Dem MEP for South East England achieved next to naff all, if that, in that respect sums up the EU and the reasons for leaving it! Even the zealots who believed in it heart and soul and were prepared to submit everything to the rule of Brussels could not make the damn thing work for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here