Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
This hasn't aged well.

[tweet]836917129811226624[/tweet]

Are they moving Hullavington airfield,the technical college,research centre,and test facilities to Singapore as well then?Was it on Twitter?

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
I should take it as 'I haven't got the faintest idea what you are on about,as you don't appear to have either.'

I shall attempt to explain myself for you 2Ps. You initially asked the following question:

So who were the European 'countries' helping us in World War 2?We had some refugees from countries who had surrendered to Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy,but I bet you can't name any governments supporting us,until at least 1944.

I responded with this:

Greece fought one of the most bitter rearguard actions of the 2nd World War after comprehensively beating the Italians back into Albania. They also continued to fight against the Germans for the duration of the war even after sustaining incomprehensible hardship as a result of the occupation and resistance.

Do they count?

You then posted something about Greece's occupation, as below:

Profuse apologies,been rather too busy to come on here.I doubt very much if there would be much debate,as you sound somewhat entrenched in your views,but what the heck.How about this,for example,detailing how events occurred after the Greek surrender?

View attachment 103991

I then asked you what this had to do with your question asking which European countries helped us in WW2:

That doesn't have anything to do with your initial question, though.

You very bizarrely responded with the following:

Okay.Q.Is Theresa May out of her depth? A. Yes

This led me to come to the conclusion you don't have a clue what you are talking about with regards WW2 (and many other things)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Are they moving Hullavington airfield,the technical college,research centre,and test facilities to Singapore as well then?Was it on Twitter?

They’re moving their company registration to Singapore. While they will obviously still do business in the U.K. where the business is registered is far more significant.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
They’re moving their company registration to Singapore. While they will obviously still do business in the U.K. where the business is registered is far more significant.

Politically maybe but not technically.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You're wrong. You pulled her up for agreeing with [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] that Dyson's move to Singapore will maintain access to the EU via the free trade deal in place.

He originally said this, which was then supported by [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION]:

But this was how you responded to The Thunderbolt:

That's not you pulling her up for claiming "it as fact that we won't have a free trade agreement with the EU, when we don't yet know what we'll get". That's you arguing the toss over whether or not Dyson will benefit by moving to Singapore, and you are wrong anyway. Of course Dyson will benefit - they are a business and like any business, they hate uncertainty. We (the UK) don't know what trade deals we'll end up sharing with the EU or Singapore, nor how long it'll take. In the meantime, it makes perfect sense for businesses to cut out uncertainty where possible.

I don't know why you have to argue with every little detail of every single post. Clearly the point being made was that a move to Singapore benefits Dyson with respect to both the Asian markets AND Europe. The fact that we don't know what is yet to be negotiated is neither here nor there because a) it won't get any better for Dyson than the free trade deal that they have with the EU by definition, and b) any trade negotiations will take months, if not years.

I'm going with an estimate of this broken into 5 separate quoted parts in the reply post. :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This led me to come to the conclusion you don't have a clue what you are talking about with regards WW2 (and many other things)
He has posted nearly 3,000 times on this thread, and coherent argument is not a regular feature. Utter horseshit and banal "jokes" that an 8 year old would be too embarrassed to tell, reign supreme. If Two Braincells was Chinese, they'd hold him up as an example of why democracy is a very bad thing.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm going with an estimate of this broken into 5 separate quoted parts in the reply post. :thumbsup:

He's already on it:

Someone-is-wrong-on-internet.png

(Yes Triggaaar, you)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I shall attempt to explain myself for you 2Ps. You initially asked the following question:

I responded with this:

You then posted something about Greece's occupation, as below:

I then asked you what this had to do with your question asking which European countries helped us in WW2:

You very bizarrely responded with the following:

Perhaps you are being deliberately obtuse?I asked for countries helping us,not some rag-tag resistance movements.You also asked about the original question.It's at the top of every page,the one about Theresa May.
This led me to the conclusion you don't have a clue about anything,only believe in your perception of history,and probably think Jezza is the new messiah.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

The article quoted was to do with their investments in the UK,Hullavington chief amongst them.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Democracy overturned? Like what happened with the end referendum!? You are a massive hypocrite. We can't have a 3rd as that is an affront to democracy, but two is ok!?

Just remember, keep yer head down and yer powder dry,stay strong soldier.

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 22389

From Vote Leave promising on 1st June 2016, that Europeans in Britain would have the right to stay indefinitely.
View attachment 103997

Then Theresa May says all EU citizens will have to register (very kindly disposing of the £65 charge)

Now.

[tweet]1087806243207606274[/tweet]

With the number of people applying there will be instances where honest hard working people get caught out. I did my mums earlier, she been selected for settled status but we need to wait for the decision.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
He has posted nearly 3,000 times on this thread, and coherent argument is not a regular feature. Utter horseshit and banal "jokes" that an 8 year old would be too embarrassed to tell, reign supreme. If Two Braincells was Chinese, they'd hold him up as an example of why democracy is a very bad thing.

What is it with you and animal waste products?Is it something you could share?Being a bit racist with the Chinese remark.How do know I'm not part Mongolian?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Democracy overturned? Like what happened with the end referendum!? You are a massive hypocrite. We can't have a 3rd as that is an affront to democracy, but two is ok!?

What are you studying at Uni?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What is it with you and animal waste products?Is it something you could share?Being a bit racist with the Chinese remark.How do know I'm not part Mongolian?
Racist? I used China because they are not a democracy. And I used horseshit because as well as being the common name for equine excrement, it also adequately describes 99% of your posts. Aside from that, I am unaware of anything I have said suggesting any attachment to it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I suspect Trumps statements didn't help but let's be honest, he is unlikely to win the race next year and even if he did then he's around for a further four years maximum. NATO isn't going to collapse in that time and any sane POTUS isn't really going to abandon NATO.

If you speak to our colleagues in the US, the fear is he will get in for a further 4 years...the great voting mass love him still.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Part? You’re 100% a mong.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Perhaps you are being deliberately obtuse?I asked for countries helping us,not some rag-tag resistance movements.You also asked about the original question.It's at the top of every page,the one about Theresa May.
This led me to the conclusion you don't have a clue about anything,only believe in your perception of history,and probably think Jezza is the new messiah.

I guess the Greeks shouldn’t celebrate Oχι Day then. You’re just so hopelessly wrong here. I can suggest some reading if you’d be interested?

Oh and I certainly don’t think Jezza is the new Messiah. In fact, I think he’s a very naughty boy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here