Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just checking: what letter is missing in mor*ons and replaced by the asterisk? I really can't work it out, as I'm not even one professor.
I'll give you some clues - you will find it in 'remain', but not in 'leave'. It can be found in European Union, but not in independent United Kingdom.That help?

:wink:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
And to think that a number of leavers got all upperty with the demographic survey which showed them to have lower eductional certificates.

I shudder to think how they would react if they were branded as mor*ns.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And to think that a number of leavers got all upperty with the demographic survey which showed them to have lower eductional certificates.
Uppity. The word is uppity.

Clearly the demographic categorisation wasn't entirely accurate. Pollsters and economic forecasters, eh?

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I'll give you some clues - you will find it in 'remain', but not in 'leave'. It can be found in European Union, but not in independent United Kingdom.That help?

:wink:

Not really - a couple of previous posts had helpfully explained that it referred to Mormons (so the missing letter was M), but I can't find an 'M' in European Union....???

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Ever so simple. It was suggested in jest that Brexiters might like us to be smiley and happy all of the time to prove that Leave will be a bundle of laughs. I replied in kind that meybe it would help if we became Mormons (smiley and happy remember). A small and light-hearted aside I'm sure you agree.

However, if I'm not too late, I'd better warn you that at least one humourless drone will come on here moaning that people aren't being very nice - unpleasant even - about Brexiters and claiming that they are being compared to wacky American evangelists or something. Which of course they're not.

Please bear with them if this happens. Some of them have a pronounced victim mentality but have finally realised that no one is believing their claims that Remainers are calling them all racist so they need to think of something else. Mormans this week, drunk drivers next probably.[/QUOTE

So what did this poster want to call us,then?'Ormons,or in your case 'Ormans.
baldeagle.jpg
I await a response,but as per usual with you lot,I won't be holding my breath-just,figuratively,my nose!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Oh, the other thing they like to claim is that people on here who disagree with them really really want the country to suffer some catastrophic failure. This is also untrue but it makes them very happy, as does calling all remain voters "Whingeing remoaners".

Possibly untrue.Every piece of possibly bad news is seized upon with absolute glee,almost BBC-like in its negativity.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Possibly untrue.Every piece of possibly bad news is seized upon with absolute glee,almost BBC-like in its negativity.

I think I may have cracked leaver speak, and I believe your post translates into

Every piece of possibly good news is seized upon with absolute glee,almost Mail/Express-like.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Ever so simple. It was suggested in jest that Brexiters might like us to be smiley and happy all of the time to prove that Leave will be a bundle of laughs. I replied in kind that meybe it would help if we became Mormons (smiley and happy remember). A small and light-hearted aside I'm sure you agree.

However, if I'm not too late, I'd better warn you that at least one humourless drone will come on here moaning that people aren't being very nice - unpleasant even - about Brexiters and claiming that they are being compared to wacky American evangelists or something. Which of course they're not.

Please bear with them if this happens. Some of them have a pronounced victim mentality but have finally realised that no one is believing their claims that Remainers are calling them all racist so they need to think of something else. Mormans this week, drunk drivers next probably.[/QUOTE

So what did this poster want to call us,then?'Ormons,or in your case 'Ormans.
View attachment 81059
I await a response,but as per usual with you lot,I won't be holding my breath-just,figuratively,my nose!

My criticism was that you lot regard even light-hearted wordplay as reason to go all drab and humourless and that stands - it's all a bit too Soviet for my liking. However, you are absolutely right in saying that your grumpiness was aimed at the use of the word 'Mormon" without the middle M rather than, as I assumed, with it. Apologies for that obviously.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Mark Carney's comments today seem to mark a sea change, its not us who should be worried, but Europe. Hoffstadt also making comments that he shouldn't, a Belgian with a German name meaning Station Town, I think that the negotiations will be quiet interesting, we should not be on the back foot!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here