View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
559. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

391 69.95%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

168 30.05%
Page 5207 of 5350 FirstFirst ... 420747075107515751975204520552065207520852095210521752575307 ... LastLast
Results 52,061 to 52,070 of 53499

0 Not allowed!
    Good to see all sides coming together and listening to the opposing position.

...hahahaha only joking, as you were.
    “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
    http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks
    Fantasy Vuelta - League Name: NSC Geeks League Code: 68204709

• North Stand Chat

advertising

A. Virgo, Football Genius

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kalimantan Gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It seemed to me, that the solution just put on the table was something sensible.

It was a middle-ground option that seemed to address the NI border problem, the threat of huge loss of manufacturing jobs, whilst ending free movement and allowing us to negotiate our own trade deals. It wasn't good enough for those on the hard brexit side, and its not good enough for those on the no-brexit side, which suggests to me that it struck the right balance.

maybe, if May is strong enough (ha!) she can push this through. No better time to sack Johnson, either.
      it will be interesting if Labour see it as a sensible option and if so do they support or oppose for the sake of opposition. while both parties are split on europe the rump of both seem to want something fairly similar, a weak washed out exit in name to honor the referendum outcome. if they can agree around a plan, rebels from both sides dont matter much.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

0 Not allowed!
      It seemed to me, that the solution just put on the table was something sensible.

It was a middle-ground option that seemed to address the NI border problem, the threat of huge loss of manufacturing jobs, whilst ending free movement and allowing us to negotiate our own trade deals. It wasn't good enough for those on the hard brexit side, and its not good enough for those on the no-brexit side, which suggests to me that it struck the right balance.

maybe, if May is strong enough (ha!) she can push this through. No better time to sack Johnson, either.
      I agree. I now hope both sides can just agree and crack on
      To die by your side, is such a heavenly way to die...

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by larus View Post
      Sensibly plan for WTO/No Deal and then tell the EU what the terms are. If they want to negotiate in good faith then OK. If not, then their choice. But we can cut back on our sharing of Five Eyes data etc. If they want to play silly buggers over Galileo etc.
      So, how far does your 'sensible planning' go?

Do we build a border in NI?
      Do we put in customs posts?
      Do we start building lorry parks at all ports?
      Do we start setting up customs facilities at all ports and airports?
      Do we employ companies to start designing, building and testing the IT systems required for WTO rules and tariffs?
      Do we start employing and training the huge number of staff to administer all of this?

After all, we will want the EU to think we are serious about this
      Last edited by WATFORD zero; 09-07-2018 at 07:41.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      It wouldn't surprise me at all if May goes this week with most of her big guns lining up to stab her in the back.

Then we will have a GE, labour will probably get in and then we will have Kier Starmer negotiating from exactly the same position as we have now, as it isn't blatantly obvious that the Labour Party does not want brexit and certainly doesn't want to come out of the customers union and will not comment on the Northern Ireland issue( which we all know corbyn's ira sympathies)
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado

0 Not allowed!
      Political chaos... Europe must be laughing. ...

Weird that of all people Gove is tipped as successor. Still, perhaps the weasel turncoat is suited?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Publius Ovidius View Post
      It wouldn't surprise me at all if May goes this week with most of her big guns lining up to stab her in the back.

Then we will have a GE, labour will probably get in and then we will have Kier Starmer negotiating from exactly the same position as we have now, as it isn't blatantly obvious that the Labour Party does not want brexit and certainly doesn't want to come out of the customers union and will not comment on the Northern Ireland issue( which we all know corbyn's ira sympathies)
      1 - We've all been thinking that daily, for months.
      B - I don't believe we have to have a GE due to leadership change.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks
      Fantasy Vuelta - League Name: NSC Geeks League Code: 68204709

A. Virgo, Football Genius

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      1 - We've all been thinking that daily, for months.
      B - I don't believe we have to have a GE due to leadership change.
      and
      iii. there is nothing to suggest Labour could win a majority or even be the largest party.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
      Im The Scatman

3 Not allowed!
      I imagine this is the first of a few as the reality of the situation hits home.

He should have been sacked after openly lying, unfortunately he has gone on his terms.

The country should never forget why we are in this mess and that’s Boris/Gove/Davis who will blame everyone else.

0 Not allowed!

May won't sack Johnson, because she needs to keep her enemy closer still, as the saying goes.

A vote of no confidence in Theresa? A leadership challenge?
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.