Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Ha ha. I have previous with [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] on health. It was quite a comical exchange. He was talking bollocks about something he clearly knew **** all about and it was so obvious he was Googling on the topic, and confusing himself, as we swopped posts.

I'd also, having worked for a consultancy firm in Botswana, that had African Agri-Business firms as clients, found his pearls of wisdom on post-Brexit UK/African trade comical - coming from from someone who has never been to sub-Saharan Africa in particular. I've been to farms in 3 different countries and been to the national abattoir of Botswana in Lobatse as well as suffering from dysentery from their produce .................among other things. He's from Moulsecoomb though and isn't a Tory. :bowdown:

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Yeah this year was supposed to be all about trade negotiations and we’ve got no where.

The governments handling is a disgrace. A Zombie parliament, a zombie Brexit

How do you know that?

It takes two to negotiate.

IF the government have got a crap deal, we leave without one.

It would be disgrace if May come back with a bad deal and it get voted through.

Why do the leavers place this at the governments door, without knowing how little or how much the EU offered us.

Comments like this, without knowing exactly what has been discussed, just comes across as left wing dribble.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
But do you not think it's a bit of silly thing to do to blame a business failure on us leaving the EU without knowing why it failed? The comment "As for UK customers most want to screw us down on price and then when they blow up an engine throw their lawyers at u" would suggest they are not competitive pricing wise, and their work is not of a high standard if they have has suggested a lot of customers throwing lawyers at them! Because you charge a low price, doesn't mean you should do a sub-stanard job as would be reasonable to believe if that statement is true.

It doesn't further the argument. Business fail all the time. I run a business and see a few long term players in the same game, and others that come and go every year. Poorly run businesses will always fold, regardless of EU membership. I see it all the time. Newplayers on the market, try and grab a large share. Basically run before they can walk. And they fold. I sell a lot into Europe, and find that side of my business going from strength to strength. Why, because I adapted. I offer a great service and get repeat and new custom. I don't see it being any different when we leave the EU. I sell a lot to America, Canada, Australia, Japan etc and they can still buy from me, as can and ill Europe after March. As far as I am aware Europe will still there. Europeans will still live their. We might be divorcing them, but we are not being made to leave our country. We can still trade and buy and sell from them, it just won't be as easy to begin with.

We don't know why his business failed. Maybe it was poorly run. Maybe its in a dying market. Who really knows. But I am sure if it was a business offering a great service and competitive prices, if the Europeans stopped using it purely on the fact its British, then surely in that case we are better out of Europe that in it aren't we?

Well he could have just asked all that (but perhaps in a more cordial way), no? But instead he acted like a bellend. If you ask politely maybe [MENTION=233]tedebear[/MENTION] will give some more details but it's certainly not for me to answer.

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
But do you not think it's a bit of silly thing to do to blame a business failure on us leaving the EU without knowing why it failed? The comment "As for UK customers most want to screw us down on price and then when they blow up an engine throw their lawyers at u" would suggest they are not competitive pricing wise, and their work is not of a high standard if they have has suggested a lot of customers throwing lawyers at them! Because you charge a low price, doesn't mean you should do a sub-stanard job as would be reasonable to believe if that statement is true.

It doesn't further the argument. Business fail all the time. I run a business and see a few long term players in the same game, and others that come and go every year. Poorly run businesses will always fold, regardless of EU membership. I see it all the time. Newplayers on the market, try and grab a large share. Basically run before they can walk. And they fold. I sell a lot into Europe, and find that side of my business going from strength to strength. Why, because I adapted. I offer a great service and get repeat and new custom. I don't see it being any different when we leave the EU. I sell a lot to America, Canada, Australia, Japan etc and they can still buy from me, as can and ill Europe after March. As far as I am aware Europe will still there. Europeans will still live their. We might be divorcing them, but we are not being made to leave our country. We can still trade and buy and sell from them, it just won't be as easy to begin with.

We don't know why his business failed. Maybe it was poorly run. Maybe its in a dying market. Who really knows. But I am sure if it was a business offering a great service and competitive prices, if the Europeans stopped using it purely on the fact its British, then surely in that case we are better out of Europe that in it aren't we?

You have absolutely no idea.....Really do love the support people give to small business, truly heartwarming how they are happy to stick the knife in without any detail at all...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
How do you know that?

It takes two to negotiate.

It would be disgrace if May come back with a bad deal and it get voted through.

Why do the leavers place this at the governments door, without knowing how little or how much the EU offered us.

Comments like this, without knowing exactly what has been discussed, just comes across as left wing dribble.

I am absolutely stunned that there is still this level of ignorance about Brexit.

We want to the leave the EU, why should the EU offer us any part of their organisations benefits ? The EU are still holding the same position they have since the beginning. We still want to cherry pick lots of the benefits without being members. None of this is secret.

And from this one statement, it is blindingly obvious that you have no idea of the requirements, implications or timescales for a WTO 'No deal'.

I can only assume that you have spent the last 2.5 years concentrating on 'running your business' as you obviously haven't spent anytime whatsoever on understanding the options or implications of Brexit.

One question - what's the lead time on the sales your business makes into Europe ?

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yay. He’s back. Ah yes, I remember, we’re all “Tory shills”. If you could also knock off your other repeat posts (you know, the transit van one, the one about sugar), tell us multiple times you’re a working class by from Moulscoomb and throw in a few badly translated German slurs we can all move on quickly.

PS always up for a chat on pharmacovigilance though, remember? :lolol:

schließe dein cakehole du große große deutsche dramakönigin ......

That’s a shame, but then under our capitalist system businesses have gone bust because of the EU and not because of the EU.......no one cried for the hundreds of thousands lost jobs in industries decimated by quotas and CAP (fishing and sugar spring to mind) and equally we are seeing the losses of tens of thousands of retail jobs due to the rise of online shopping.

It was ever thus, adapt or die.

:lolol:

Almost got a full house

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Well he could have just asked all that (but perhaps in a more cordial way), no? But instead he acted like a bellend. If you ask politely maybe [MENTION=233]tedebear[/MENTION] will give some more details but it's certainly not for me to answer.

I’m struggling to see what the problem is, I said straight out that it was a shame, however businesses are failing all the time regardless of the influence of Brexit.

Unfortunately, beneath the platitudes of capitalists, the world of commerce is not for the cordial or polite. Those at the top of business trees did not get there by operating that way, we only need to look at the Sir Phillip Greens’ and Sir Fred Goodwins’ Of this world to know that.

As for the sentiment of adapt or die, it’s straight out of the origin of the species, that’s not just my view it’s what business management courses teach their pupils......

https://iveybusinessjournal.com/publication/adapt-or-die/

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I'd also, having worked for a consultancy firm in Botswana, that had African Agri-Business firms as clients, found his pearls of wisdom on post-Brexit UK/African trade comical - coming from from someone who has never been to sub-Saharan Africa in particular. I've been to farms in 3 different countries and been to the national abattoir of Botswana in Lobatse as well as suffering from dysentery from their produce .................among other things. He's from Moulsecoomb though and isn't a Tory. :bowdown:

You can ignore me if you like, Oxfam when some of it’s employees are not shagging the locals for aid, produced this report on the situation.....

https://www.oxfam.org/sites/www.oxfam.org/files/unequal partners.pdf

Further, the pro EU independent produced this article a few years ago recognising that not only does the CAP damage developing countries, it also costs U.K. consumers to the tune of £832 pa in increased prices.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ricas-farmers-of-their-livelihood-478419.html

By all means support the EU, but cheerleading that the CAP is a positive aspect of our membership and is a positive for Africa is a tough gig. As a thicko from Moulsecoomb I will obviously await schooling from my betters......

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
You have absolutely no idea.....Really do love the support people give to small business, truly heartwarming how they are happy to stick the knife in without any detail at all...

Off course I have no idea. You never put any details other than European have stopped using your business (apparently because of Brexit, even though it hasn't happened yet), and UK customers all drive your price down (I presume your prices are not competative if they all try and knock the price down) and then try and sue you when something goes wrong. It sounds like you fix car engines, which I don't see how Brexit would effect in the short term, unless they take a number of years to fix??? If your buisiness implied long term investment I could a problem I could see an issue, but not fixing or rebuilding engines.

I am sorry, but based on that, it doesn't very strong business model.

You just sound like someone trying to blame your woes on Brexit?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I am absolutely stunned that there is still this level of ignorance about Brexit.

We want to the leave the EU, why should the EU offer us any part of their organisations benefits ? The EU are still holding the same position they have since the beginning. We still want to cherry pick lots of the benefits without being members. None of this is secret.

And from this one statement, it is blindingly obvious that you have no idea of the requirements, implications or timescales for a WTO 'No deal'.

I can only assume that you have spent the last 2.5 years concentrating on 'running your business' as you obviously haven't spent anytime whatsoever on understanding the options or implications of Brexit.

One question - what's the lead time on the sales your business makes into Europe ?

Ah, the Brexit know all strikes again, whose average post it too tell everyone who posts in this thread and doesn't share his view, that they know noting, yet at the same time never actually explains anything.

Bore off lefty.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

Because they need us as much as we need them, obviously!!!!

Joking apart, the EU's priorities have obviously got to be about the interests of the countries who are still its members - not us. If they have red lines that are not going to be crossed, they are surely far more likely to stick to them. As you say, it is us who have decided to leave. And if people like Farage, on the few occasions that he does attend, insists on being aggressive and antagonistic all the time, it is not going to make them very sympathetic. I know he's not negotiating, but...……...

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I’m struggling to see what the problem is, I said straight out that it was a shame, however businesses are failing all the time regardless of the influence of Brexit.

Unfortunately, beneath the platitudes of capitalists, the world of commerce is not for the cordial or polite. Those at the top of business trees did not get there by operating that way, we only need to look at the Sir Phillip Greens’ and Sir Fred Goodwins’ Of this world to know that.

As for the sentiment of adapt or die, it’s straight out of the origin of the species, that’s not just my view it’s what business management courses teach their pupils......

https://iveybusinessjournal.com/publication/adapt-or-die/

The problem was you didn't attack Brexit for his woes. The lefties don't like anyone having a different view to them. It makes you scum in their eyes. Off course his business failed because of Brexit. He doesn't have to give details, you just have to believe all the Europeans stopped using the business because of Brexit don't you know. And don't you dare question it, otherwise you are labelled uncaring scum.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
The NHS as we know it will be dead within 5 years. Corporate U.S has been itching to get it's hands on those contracts for decades and we will hand it to them in a trade deal. No doubt about that. The vile Tories would have sold it off eventually anyway but it is their biggest bargaining chip for trade deals. And it doesn't even belong to them.

This is what a Leave vote meant.
Do you people really not understand, when you use terms like "vile" Tories, you lose any sense of credibility to the casual reader?

Sure your lefties friends will all **** themselves off over your comments, but its not them you are trying to convince is it?

The Tories are in power, so enough people must have voted for them who don't think they are vile.

I really don't understand why you lot continue to bash them like you do. Honestly, try and make a sensible argument, without pathetic childish name calling, you never know, people might actually take you seriously.

People have been saying the NHS will be dead in five years for as long as I can remember.Still there. And will be in 20 years time. But I think the days of solving its problems is just by throwing more money at it are long gone.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Serious question for all of you wanting a second referendem.

What happens if you win (abd all joking aside, not that I think in a million years you would. I think a lot of people who voted remain would now vote leave for the good of democracy).

But say you got another vote, and all the dumb Brexteers like me forgot to set our alarms that day, and we too busy counting our money and shooting the poor people to vote.

If you won a second ballet, would you then allow another vote?

So you were kind to us simpletons and you allowed us a third vote, and you went 2-1 up . Would you allow us another, like you want, when you are one vote behind?

When would it become fair to stop voting.......... when someone has a two goal cushion, or would the next vote be final (just like the first one was, and of course, only if you win!)

Seriously though, where would you be comfortable to stop?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Do you mean like when you didnt know a trade deal can only come after we leave, or when you thought the future relationship proposal was actually the withdrawal agreement or perhaps it was when you thought the European Union (Withdrawal) Act was the same thing as the EU/UK withdrawal agreement........is that the sort of ignorance you mean.

Do you have a list of all these membership benefits ("lots") that we are cherry picking that are exclusive to membership of the European Union?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Serious question for all of you wanting a second referendem.

What happens if you win (abd all joking aside, not that I think in a million years you would. I think a lot of people who voted remain would now vote leave for the good of democracy).

But say you got another vote, and all the dumb Brexteers like me forgot to set our alarms that day, and we too busy counting our money and shooting the poor people to vote.

If you won a second ballet, would you then allow another vote?

So you were kind to us simpletons and you allowed us a third vote, and you went 2-1 up . Would you allow us another, like you want, when you are one vote behind?

When would it become fair to stop voting.......... when someone has a two goal cushion, or would the next vote be final (just like the first one was, and of course, only if you win!)

Seriously though, where would you be comfortable to stop?
First to seven, like in tie breaks in tennis (but carried on infinitum if it's six all). Or we could go down the world snooker championship route.............

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
The problem was you didn't attack Brexit for his woes. The lefties don't like anyone having a different view to them. It makes you scum in their eyes. Off course his business failed because of Brexit. He doesn't have to give details, you just have to believe all the Europeans stopped using the business because of Brexit don't you know. And don't you dare question it, otherwise you are labelled uncaring scum.

The fact that you consider this a left/right issue, shows you up to be a bit of a halfwit. Well done.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Aaron Banks now saying he would remain if given the chance.

:lolol:

He’s got a point though hasn’t he?

After spending £9m on a leaflet telling us what voting out meant, and saying clearly that no deal was better than a bad deal, and many remain MPs confirming post referendum that they were going to honour the result, what has the last 2 years demonstrated to leave voters?

1) we didn’t know what voting out meant.
2) any deal will be better than no deal.
3) by not being prepared to walk away with no deal, MPs are now saying remain is better than a bad deal.

Irony doesn’t get much traction with the joyless remain voting constituency does it.........:lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here