Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
So you're going to enact the democratic will of absolutely no one, for the question on the type of Brexit wasn't asked, using threats, beheadings and burnings in hell, reinforced with poorly worded, heavily capitalised, exclamation mark ridden social media posts.

That's the sort of thing Trump knocks one out over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I'm not but others might if we end up with a deliberately drawn out never-ending transition phase and/or final situation where we are still under ECJ primacy, free movement continuing, still in the Internal market and customs union, inability to strike future (or severley restricted) trade deals etc.

Trying to disconnect the reasons why people voted from the result is disingenuous, dangerous and feeds the anger, disillusionment.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well I'm not but others might if we end up with a deliberately drawn out never-ending transition phase and/or final situation where we are still under ECJ primacy, free movement continuing, still in the Internal market and customs union, inability to strike future (or severley restricted) trade deals etc.

Trying to disconnect the reasons why people voted from the result is disingenuous, dangerous and feeds the anger, disillusionment.

Why is it dangerous?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Could always get a few hours delivering for Amazon ???

A friendly, helpful adviser at his local Job Centre Plus will be able to help an ordinary man of the people like him into work in no time. I wonder if he's had Universal Credit rolled out in his area yet?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Don’t forget she was a remainer so probably does think it is going well. Wouldnt surprise me at all if this whole Brexit deal was done behind closed doors before the process even began. That might explain why David Davies didn’t think it necessary to waste a whole load of money on those impact assessments as he already knew the outcome!

I don't think it was a secret. If you look at each and every decision we have made, there has been no realistic alternative. And you'll see the same over the next 18 months.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I see the Government in waiting were setting out a clear alternative this morning.

Jeremy Corbyn, three weeks ago: Doesn’t rule out second referendum

Diane Abbott, two weeks ago: Backs second referendum

Diane Abbott, today: Rules out second referendum

Tom Watson, today: Doesn’t rule out second referendum

:lolol:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I see the Government in waiting were setting out a clear alternative this morning.

Jeremy Corbyn, three weeks ago: Doesn’t rule out second referendum

Diane Abbott, two weeks ago: Backs second referendum

Diane Abbott, today: Rules out second referendum

Tom Watson, today: Doesn’t rule out second referendum

:lolol:

Have the cabinet, you know the people actually in Government, come to an end state agreement yet?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Have the cabinet, you know the people actually in Government, come to an end state agreement yet?

Well they are completely united in a no second referendum position, and on leaving the single market and on leaving the customs union. What is the current policy/position of the party you would like to see take over?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Well they are completely united in a no second referendum position, and on leaving the single market and on leaving the customs union. What is the current policy/position of the party you would like to see take over?

This is The Tories hole - they and smug Tory little Englanders like you can try and dig they way out of it.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
A Tory Remainer but not a rebel.

I knew you wouldn't be able to answer that with an actual name.

As I've said before though, Labour, like all other parties, can take a fluid and changing position on Brexit, leaving as many options open as possible. They're all liberated by their lack of responsibility on this mess currently. The Tories are boxed in by their own making - let them get on with ****ing it up all by themselves.

I appreciate your obsessional focus on Labour though, as it provides a distraction from the failings of your beloved Conservative and Unionist party - It's a bit like pulling a 12 pinter in a night club, but laughing at your mates for doing the same, just to make you feel better about yourself to deflect from your own insecurities and self consciousness of the situation of walking past the bouncers on your way out with a girl you're going to regret waking up next to in the morning..........................

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Veiled threats and velvet DMs. You can't have a pop at how Labour organises itself and then defend vile idiotic trolls on the right.

And I didn't mention the reason. I said we voted for Brexit, not what TYPE of Brexit. Norway are out of the EU. I didn't see a referendum question asking if we'd like to follow their model.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Veiled threats and velvet DMs. You can't have a pop at how Labour organises itself and then defend vile idiotic trolls on the right.

And I didn't mention the reason. I said we voted for Brexit, not what TYPE of Brexit. Norway are out of the EU. I didn't see a referendum question asking if we'd like to follow their model.

I'm not defending them, far right and far left are both scum in my book. It's not really a clearly defined left-right split either. There would be many angry Labour Brexit voters. I'm the one saying don't ignore and/or try to circumvent the democratic choice of the majority as you push people in the extremist's direction. You are ignoring the reasons why people did vote leave which can be broadly summarised as 'take back control' Sovereignty/laws/immigration etc) with a bit of kick the establishment. Norway = free movement, ECJ jurisdiction without any say etc.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Jesus wept, if anyone knows about that it's you.

Trolls and people intent on ignoring/reversing my democratic choice don't really deserve much civility but I'm usually well mannered. I nearly always answer questions (even when being insulted), unfortunately, some people can't remember the answers ... which is a bit rude.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here