Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What are you claiming was binding? What are you claiming was promised?

You're just rude and a bit pathetic.

Oh jeebs! He’s gone into multiple breakdown quotes. Sorry but from past experience I know that once you have an idea in your head absolutely no amount of patient explanation will make you see sense. I have some videotapes to return. I’ll see you next Ramadan.

TBTC

Last edited:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Greece fought one of the most bitter rearguard actions of the 2nd World War after comprehensively beating the Italians back into Albania. They also continued to fight against the Germans for the duration of the war even after sustaining incomprehensible hardship as a result of the occupation and resistance.

Do they count?

Of course, I think they are still fighting a bitter rearguard action, they have cerainly sustained incomprehensible hardship at the hands of the Germans.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-g...eparation-claim-against-germany-idUKKCN1P50YF

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
One swallow doesn’t make a summer, and whilst Brexit has its supporters from rich, powerful, privileged backgrounds if you think they represent the overall mass of leave supporters you are profoundly deluded.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ses-were-only-group-to-vote-to-stay-in-the-e/

The rich and powerful were the one group to overwhelmingly vote remain, we only need to look at the bulk of MPs in Parliament contorting themselves to prevent leave in anything close to meaningful terms to understand that.

Dennis Skinner has been in politics and Parliament long enough to know what the EU is, how it’s changed and what it means for those opposed to rapacious capitalism.

I will trust his view first, he speaks plain English.

Some on both sides, to be sure. Lexit is a principled position which I respect, indeed supported at the beginning. Sadly it was swamped by waves of extreme laisser faire economics and xenophobia.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Don't get sucked in by 2Profs, he obviously has no knowledge of what actually happened in WW2. Once the Nazi's occupied almost all of western Europe and put their own puppet governments in place it would have been impossible for ANY European government to support us.

It should be noticed that many people from the occupied countries escaped and joined either a national brigade or air squadron here in the UK to carry the fight on. The Free French government set up base here and urged and directed resistance against the Nazis and severely oppressed people did what they could to aid the allied effort.

Don’t forget the 500,000 non Germans fighting with the SS alone, recruited mostly from occupied Europe.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffen-SS_foreign_volunteers_and_conscripts

Yes, 54 Brits (0.001% of that total) also fought for a Europe and U.K. that would have been dominated by the Germans.

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018
Don't get sucked in by 2Profs, he obviously has no knowledge of what actually happened in WW2. Once the Nazi's occupied almost all of western Europe and put their own puppet governments in place it would have been impossible for ANY European government to support us.

It should be noticed that many people from the occupied countries escaped and joined either a national brigade or air squadron here in the UK to carry the fight on. The Free French government set up base here and urged and directed resistance against the Nazis and severely oppressed people did what they could to aid the allied effort.

2p has made ignorance an art form!

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Some on both sides, to be sure. Lexit is a principled position which I respect, indeed supported at the beginning. Sadly it was swamped by waves of extreme laisser faire economics and xenophobia.

That’s as maybe, in the same way the GMB (I think it was) that told it’s membership to hold its nose and vote remain I don’t doubt there are unsavoury aspects of leave.

To conflate the 2 positions is nonsensical, this country has never had extremist parties in charge, it won’t post Brexit, there is no NSDP genie waiting to get out the Brexit bottle. There isn’t a USSR one either.

There is however, by remaining, the likelihood of a perpetual domination of this country’s economic fortunes at the hands of new liberalists, crypto Tories and Tories, or a combination of the 3.

As I have said before, if I see Goldman Sachs, Bankers, the acholytes of Global business, their political hand maidens (like Mandelson/Blair/Osbourne/Kinnock jr) and the Rothschilds lined up on one side of a political debate, I will intuitively move to oppose them.

It’s weird other people don’t see it that way.

Last edited:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-46934277

Thankfully nobody hurt. However, unlike the flag waving and protesting this shows a concerning return to organised bombing and terror with a phoned in warning and a possible second car bomb planted nearby.

I imagine it takes some means and organisation to pull this off. Hopefully this will be an isolated incident. I would have hoped nobody wants this sort of thing to rear it’s ugly head again. Unfortunately it seems somebody does.

Shameful but not surprising, the hard right have mislead the U.K. population and this is a signal there will be consequences

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There will also be consequences if Brexit is not followed through. Over 17 million is a lot of people to piss off.

16 million is also a lot of people to piss off.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
There will also be consequences if Brexit is not followed through. Over 17 million is a lot of people to piss off.

There will be a few hard right wing loonies kicking off in a few marches, sure, nothing that can’t be handled, with a few ending up serving in her majesty’s prisons

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
16 million is also a lot of people to piss off.
Thought it was 15 million as it was over 2 million the gap?Anyway that's 15 million who can't accept a democratic decision.

Brexit isn't to blame for the irish mess....The mess is caused by the idiots in Brussels and bitter remainers trying to tarnish it !!
If everybody would have accepted the decision including the EU who are doing everything to make things difficult then it wouldn't be this bad.

Also to blame is a poor government and remain politicians who won't vote for anything brexit.

This is what happens when you let the EU get to much control.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oh jeebs! He’s gone into multiple breakdown quotes. Sorry but from past experience I know that once you have an idea in your head absolutely no amount of patient explanation will make you see sense. I have some videotapes to return. I’ll see you next Ramadan.
:lol: You're the same every time. You got something wrong, I pointed it out, you throw an insult and then decide to leave the conversation because you've got nothing.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Brexit isn't to blame for the irish mess

I agree Brexit isn't to blame for the Irish mess, it goes back to 1920 and was caused by Tories who wanted to further their own interests and so split Ireland up. Same sort of colonial bo**ocks that has screwed up a lot of places. Same sort of nationalism that drives Brexit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here