Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
If we move on to the future trade element talks in December (looks likely) that could be genuinely viewed as a positive. Only eight months since triggering Article 50 and substantial progress made in disintangling ourselves from a club we have been members for over 40 years. This thread will be an interesting place if we complete a mutually beneficial trade deal by 2019 ....

Will be full of positive people!All the moaning minnies will have to migrate to the Trump thread,although most of them are already there.Would be nice if they remember to take all their extra accounts with them.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I don't get too wound up by being called a Remoaner; it's a fair cop. I also accept that many of us in this camp (if it is just one camp) can come across point-scoring and sore losers. But equally the Brexiteers might accept that many of us have genuine worries about the decision to Leave, how it was made and how it is being managed, and that these concerns are not just because we want to be proved right (I for one would be delighted to be proved wrong) but because we really do think it was a bad idea and not in the national interest.

But I just wonder how the Leavers would have taken it had the referendum been for 'stay'? Would they have accepted the decision with good grace or would they have succumbed to the temptation to wallow in every downside that subsequently occurred? I don't know (because it's unknowable) but I think - given the level of discourse sometimes on this very thread - I can guess.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That's as may be,but it still doesn't explain what he 's on about,you silly-billy.

It's quite simple. We have asked for another 2 years as members of the single market until April 2021, but we won't call it membership as it will upset too many people so we will call it 'Transition' or 'Implementation'. If the EU agree to this how much will be charged for this two year extension on top of the bill we are currently agreeing.

I can't be arsed to make a JPEG so maybe you could save us all a lot of trouble and ask someone to explain it to you ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If we move on to the future trade element talks in December (looks likely) that could be genuinely viewed as a positive. Only eight months since triggering Article 50 and substantial progress made in disintangling ourselves from a club we have been members for over 40 years. This thread will be an interesting place if we complete a mutually beneficial trade deal by 2019 ....

December trade talks would be a big step forward, and it looks like we have resolved the citizenship thing and are close to agreeing a bill, but we still have the Ireland border to resolve. And i'm constantly being told there's not long till Xmas :wink:

Jan 30, 2008
I don't get too wound up by being called a Remoaner; it's a fair cop. I also accept that many of us in this camp (if it is just one camp) can come across point-scoring and sore losers. But equally the Brexiteers might accept that many of us have genuine worries about the decision to Leave, how it was made and how it is being managed, and that these concerns are not just because we want to be proved right (I for one would be delighted to be proved wrong) but because we really do think it was a bad idea and not in the national interest.

But I just wonder how the Leavers would have taken it had the referendum been for 'stay'? Would they have accepted the decision with good grace or would they have succumbed to the temptation to wallow in every downside that subsequently occurred? I don't know (because it's unknowable) but I think - given the level of discourse sometimes on this very thread - I can guess.
but all the GRIZZLERS HAD A FIELD DAY slating(racist, little Englanders , thick) ANYONE WHO WAS FOR LEAVING THE EU , bitter pill to swallow eh???
regards
DR

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Incidentally if you're up for a laugh next Thursday, there's a quite notorious player in Brexit appearing in your neck of the woods:

ar.JPG

https://www.facebook.com/events/1016546748448320/

Stratford-upon-Avon Conservatives are delighted to welcome Rt Hon Amber Rudd MP, the Home Secretary, to speak at our dinner.

Tickets are £50 and can be purchased by calling 01789 292 723 or info@southwarwickshireconservatives.co.uk

The event will take place at a venue in Stratford-upon-Avon. Due to security reasons the precise venue cannot be released until 24 hours prior to the event.

There you have it - Amber Rudd sells herself for £50 a time. I hope she declares her additional income to HMRC. :rolleyes:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I didn't believe all of it would be pledged but a lot of voters, realising our NHS was in crisis, thought it was a way to rescue it. I'm sure the campaigners wouldn't have gone ahead with it if they thought it would have no impact.

Anyhow how much does the message infer? That the bulk of it would be available? Some? Less than 10% it seems.

The NHS wastes a hell of a lot of money. They need to sort themselves out as well as getting extre resource.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
December trade talks would be a big step forward, and it looks like we have resolved the citizenship thing and are close to agreeing a bill, but we still have the Ireland border to resolve. And i'm constantly being told there's not long till Xmas :wink:

As i get older it seems to come round quicker and quicker. I'm sure it was a lifetime when i was younger

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Will be full of positive people!All the moaning minnies will have to migrate to the Trump thread,although most of them are already there.Would be nice if they remember to take all their extra accounts with them.

Unlikely all of them will go but it will probably be as quiet as it was for most of the second half of 2016.

There is a silver lining to all the tedious grizzling of the point scoring, sore losers. It polarises debate, solidifying the pro-Brexit voter's opinions ... so well done them. It's also difficult to have any interest in remoaners 'legitimate concerns' as they have shown such a dismmissive contempt for democracy and the people who dared to vote a different way.

If the result had been 'Stay' the Brexit threads would have died out in weeks.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It's quite simple. We have asked for another 2 years as members of the single market until April 2021, but we won't call it membership as it will upset too many people so we will call it 'Transition' or 'Implementation'. If the EU agree to this how much will be charged for this two year extension on top of the bill we are currently agreeing.

I can't be arsed to make a JPEG so maybe you could save us all a lot of trouble and ask someone to explain it to you ?

Thanks Tubby,oh no,it's zero.I already know how to make a JPEG,thank you,as you,or somebody close to you,has pointed out a boring number of times.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
If anything it won't be Brexit that would bring this country down, it would be the constant negativity that is being fed too people.

I'm sorry but that is utter utter rubbish. It's like saying that British Leyland wasn't brought down by awful cars like the Austin Allegro but by horrid people, ordinary people and experts alike, who said that they were ghastly. Which they were. Putting on a rictus smile and averting your eyes from reality makes the situation worse, not better.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

The Irish border issue can only be resolved once we know what our future trade relationship will be. Bah humbug. I'm looking forward to the Sunny Uplands ... not long now :wink:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Irish border issue can only be resolved once we know what our future trade relationship will be. Bah humbug. I'm looking forward to the Sunny Uplands ... not long now :wink:

Wise words, it's uphill all the way for the next 5-7 years at least.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Farage would have accepted a 52 / 48 vote in favour of remain and then quietly retired for the 15th time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here