Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I heard many ridiculous arguments from Brexiters, but I also heard many equally ridiculous arguments from remainers such as "we need the EU army for protection/security" - (what EU army? are you talking about NATO?) ... they didn't realise there was no EU army until I corrected them. The debate was shit on both sides.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I heard many ridiculous arguments from Brexiters, but I also heard many equally ridiculous arguments from remainers such as "we need the EU army for protection/security" - (what EU army? are you talking about NATO?) ... they didn't realise there was no EU army until I corrected them. The debate was shit on both sides.

If Trump has his way, there might not be a NATO in future.

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
Still struggling with a basic concept i see.
View attachment 97704

No, seems like you don't see; the problem is people saying "will of the people" or words to that effect.

I accept we will have to leave, much as I dislike it. But calling it the will of the people is plain bollocks. What people want changes with the wind. And it happens that those talking the most wind are in charges of certain newspapers and media outlets, wanting Brexit and what's best for their extremely wealthy friends.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
:clap:Ah, there is the ickle troubled class warrior, I just knew you were still in there somewhere fighting to get out.
Well done, give yourself another chip.

My favourites are the potential 7 Million that were gullible and bought Project Fear Ballocks with added doomsday as soon as we voted,the youngster who thought the EU gave the UK the NHS made me laugh, as did the youngster who was beside herself with grief as she thought leaving meant Nandos couldnt operate in the country anymore.......more youngsters voting is clearly the answer.

Another one of my favourites was along the lines of "About 50 Americans told me it was a great idea." (I didn't include it in the first list as it sounded like the sort of thing someone would make up.)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't you think Cameron should have maybe thought of this before going for the vote/referendum so sure that it would go his way. The coward resigned straightaway knowing what shitstorm was being stirred due to his failure. Maybe a few less scare stories from the start and the result might have gone his way.
Sadly the scare stories get regurgitated n a regular basis on this thread with the timeline for them just being extended although those scenarios were destined almost immediately after the vote according to the Remain rhetoric at the time.
Now we have the job losses at Rolls Royce being blamed on Brexit. What about Ford who move manufacturing to Spain whilst in the EU, All the Coal mines closing whilst in the EU, ship building etc etc all whilst in the EU. Many thousands more jobs gone there .

All the coal mines closing? At least know your history before throwing out your idea of facts. Harold Wildon closed more coal mines in the 60s than any Thatcher closed in the 80s. They were worked out, nothing left to mine. It had nothing to do with Europe, the Common market of the EU.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Ive never come across that comment in any debate, but I have heard Brexiters saying we would be forced to be part of the EU army by remaining. One of them I heard directly at an after dinner speech who was the Tory MP for Romsey & New Forest.
We weren't forced to join the euro, as every country has a power of veto.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
All the coal mines closing? At least know your history before throwing out your idea of facts. Harold Wildon closed more coal mines in the 60s than any Thatcher closed in the 80s. They were worked out, nothing left to mine. It had nothing to do with Europe, the Common market of the EU.

Nor has Rolls Royce with Brexit. So we didn't import coal from Russia and the like once ours had closed ?. Spain didn't profit from Ford moving production there. Just proving the pointless use of RR as an argument.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nor has Rolls Royce with Brexit. So we didn't import coal from Russia and the like once ours had closed ?. Spain didn't profit from Ford moving production there. Just proving the pointless use of RR as an argument.

It's a good job seeing as Derby was 57% for Brexit. They can't blame themselves now, can they?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
No mandate for the extreme and UK fracturing Brexit some of you crave

I have no idea what remainers consider an extreme or hard Brexit anymore. The definition changes weekly, sometimes daily depending on who is ranting.
I doubt you even know yourself.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I have no idea what remainers consider an extreme or hard Brexit anymore. The definition changes weekly, sometimes daily depending on who is ranting.
I doubt you even know yourself.

The members of the ERG that represent about 10% of UK MP's will explain it to you.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The members of the ERG that represent about 10% of UK MP's will explain it to you.

Is hard Brexit still including quitting being members of the single market and ending free movement, or have you now conceded that was simply actual Brexit all along?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Let's face the reality of the so-called 'will of the people', like, will of some people:
View attachment 97700

do you not find it odd how the leave cohort is split, while the remain or even abstain cohorts are not? do all remainers believe in the same future for membership?

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
do you not find it odd how the leave cohort is split, while the remain or even abstain cohorts are not? do all remainers believe in the same future for membership?

It was derived from this original:
Screenshot_20180615-060823.png

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I assume that is 'No I can't describe a scenario where that would happen' then

Parliament votes down the final deal expecting the government to renegotiate despite not having any idea what all the different Remain factions would agree on. The EU unsuprisingly says bog off/ take it or leave it and we hit the buffers.

If a no deal isn't a possibility in any circumstances can you explain why the Remain rebels are playing hardball trying to get a meaningful vote to veto a no deal and why the government are fighting to retain a no deal option?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

I'd like to see some sort of profile of these specimens. I'd think one of the things that they have in common is a degree of financial security that will insulate them personally from any dramatic material negative consequences of Brexit. Their comfortable lives will continue. Would that we could say the same of the millions of Brexit voters in the economic wastelands of the country who are about to feel the chill winds of the post Brexit economic meltdown while those gentlemen (and ladies) in the ERG toast their 'success' in champagne. If we throw in a few newspaper editors and the likes of Mr A. Banks too we'd have the epicentre of Brexit and I suspect it wouldn't be a pretty sight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here