Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
You either voted for it, or you voted on a lie, so neither way really looks good does it?
i voted to leave the EU i didn't need anyone telling me for what reason i should vote that way and that goes for millions of millions of other leave voters, YOU NEED TO GET A GRIP :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hard not to feel a bit of sympathy for the Maybot. The pressures on her must be absolutely horrendous and she's on a hiding to nothing. There's not a politician in that chamber who would be able to appease the Brexiteers, the Remainers and the neanderthals of the DUP. Just not possible. So the stark choice is crash out without a deal or call a halt and remain inextricably tied to the EU for decades to come.

Jan 30, 2008
i wouldn't put your house on it if i were you. A) the woman saying that is unlikely to be in office by the end of the year and b) the deal on the table will almost certainly be rejected by parliament.

I suspect democracy will win through in the end, and the british people will get their chance to vote on this shambles.
they already have:dunce:
regards
DR

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
agree on the first point , no need for any other vote, the first vote 2 years ago was the one that counted, you know the Democratic vote to LEAVE the EU
regards
DR

As a remainer, I do not actually wish any ill to Brexiteers, but I will make an exception for you. IF it actually happens then I hope you get to both see, and suffer, the consequences of your smug, poorly thought out, idiotic rhetoric throughout this thread and process. You are a buffoon Cir.

Jan 30, 2008
Hard not to feel a bit of sympathy for the Maybot. The pressures on her must be absolutely horrendous and she's on a hiding to nothing. There's not a politician in that chamber who would be able to appease the Brexiteers, the Remainers and the neanderthals of the DUP. Just not possible. So the stark choice is crash out without a deal or call a halt and remain tied to the EU for decades.
But the Democratic vote was to leave the EU ,why are you struggling to understand that ?
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
As a remainer, I do not actually wish any ill to Brexiteers, but I will make an exception for you. IF it actually happens then I hope you get to both see, and suffer, the consequences of your smug, poorly thought out, idiotic rhetoric throughout this thread and process. You are a buffoon Cir.
i hope you eat your words Sir
regards
DR

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hard not to feel a bit of sympathy for the Maybot. The pressures on her must be absolutely horrendous and she's on a hiding to nothing. There's not a politician in that chamber who would be able to appease the Brexiteers, the Remainers and the neanderthals of the DUP. Just not possible. So the stark choice is crash out without a deal or call a halt and remain inextricably tied to the EU for decades to come.
Probably worth pointing out that she has brought a lot of this on herself. Remember, she went to the electorate to get a strong mandate on delivering it. The Tory campaign was lazy and dreadful and rather than "act in the public interest" which is a line she likes to use to defend her constant pig-headedness, she then bribed the DUP to the tune of ONE BILLION POUNDS to back her, and since then they've been nothing but a complete pain in the arse and have blocked the only way Brexit could ever have been delivered. They don't even speak for Northern Ireland on the issue FFS, yet May and her party have facilitated their intransigence.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I don't give a toss anymore about Remoaners vs Brexshiteers or whatever BS people want to label others with.

In any other decision you make in life, if it has a major significant impact then you look at the pros and cons.

When it comes to the point at which the decision has to be made then it is practical and logical to stop if the outcome is unknown and there is no realistic contingency in place to deal with the potential impact.

If you were buying a house and as part of the negotiations you agreed a (crappy) deal regarding moving out of your own house and into temporary accommodation, but with no confirmed date on when you could move into the new house YOU WOULDN'T GO THROUGH WITH IT... unless you're a ****ing idiot.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I wouldn't put your house on it if I were you. a) The woman saying that is unlikely to be in office by the end of the year and b) the deal on the table will almost certainly be rejected by parliament.

I suspect democracy will win through in the end, and the British people will get their chance to vote on this shambles.

Democracy will indeed win, a weasel do it all over again referendum will not happen, the political party that tells the people to vote again will be finished for decades.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Democracy will indeed win, a weasel do it all over again referendum will not happen, the political party that tells the people to vote again will be finished for decades.
You see I think you're wrong. I think democracy (or weaseling as you call it) will win through and Brexit probably won't happen now that everybody knows what a shambles it would be.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

As will the one that drives us over a precipice to a no deal Brexit.

Jan 30, 2008
i don't give a toss anymore about remoaners vs brexshiteers or whatever bs people want to label others with.

In any other decision you make in life, if it has a major significant impact then you look at the pros and cons.

When it comes to the point at which the decision has to be made then it is practical and logical to stop if the outcome is unknown and there is no realistic contingency in place to deal with the potential impact.

If you were buying a house and as part of the negotiations you agreed a (crappy) deal regarding moving out of your own house and into temporary accommodation, but with no confirmed date on when you could move into the new house you wouldn't go through with it... Unless you're a ****ing idiot.
no one's buying a house
regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I am in no way a fan of May, but people need to be careful of what they wish for.

I am probably mistaken, as usual, but many seem to think by making it tough, derailing etc etc might stop the exit. It won't.

We shall be going, and who is in control for that process is seemingly vital. Options for this? JC?

Many Labour supporters are upset with him for not upholding the vote at conference to stay in the EU. It wouldn't surprise me to see him ousted too.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Probably worth pointing out that she has brought a lot of this on herself. Remember, she went to the electorate to get a strong mandate on delivering it. The Tory campaign was lazy and dreadful and rather than "act in the public interest" which is a line she likes to use to defend her constant pig-headedness, she then bribed the DUP to the tune of ONE BILLION POUNDS to back her, and since then they've been nothing but a complete pain in the arse and have blocked the only way Brexit could ever have been delivered. They don't even speak for Northern Ireland on the issue FFS, yet May and her party have facilitated their intransigence.

To expand on this, the whole thing is down to Tory twattishness. Cameron didn't need to include a referendum in his manifesto. He did it to try and win a small beer squabble with UKIP. And May didn't have to call the election that saddled her with the neanderthals of the DUP. The whole thing is a mess of purely Tory making.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Or seen as the Messiahs who saved the people from themselves, or as the cavalry, or as the last minute heroes........who knows huh?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here