Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Look at you getting all precious because you were pulled up for asking a stupid question. When you say "seem to enjoy", what you actually mean is that they mention it because for every person dying of old age, the chance of them being a Brexit voter was 2 to 1. It's just a simple fact, it doesn't mean remainers revel in it FFS.

Oh,but they do though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Let's leave snowflakes to the millennials. Remain voters. Now if you'll excuse me I've got a balcony and sea view in cala egos to browse at.

Lovely jubbly

Attachments

• 8DCC3201-28A0-46C3-83F8-F8DF166E98B7.jpeg
    8DCC3201-28A0-46C3-83F8-F8DF166E98B7.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 121

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
:facepalm: Don't be silly. Democracy was two years ago. Since the referendum the remain side has been anything but.

I know, the sovereign power of parliament, who needs scrutiny? Should just leave it to the Tory party, the last 2 years has demonstrated they know best

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's embarrassing...
Let's be honest most are students or the typical far left nerds and looking around Brighton it really is no surprise !!
These scruffy types really do put the city and club to shame and it's no wonder Brighton looks so poor and run down.

Most Albion supporters are students...........you clearly haven't been to a game recently

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Lovely jubbly

No that's more like the Germans. Very loud,very brash think they own the place. The British are the quiet ones. The Germans could learn a thing or 2.
By the way I'm not in Benidorm. Now if you don't mind I'm off for a spot of breakfast.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Would you boycott a 2nd referendum?

The negotiations for Brexit are hotting up and the party conference season is in full swing.

The clamour for a 2nd referendum is becoming hysterical - but would you boycott another ballot?

I've started this thread - not to discuss the merits or otherwise of leaving the EU, the other thread is where that takes place - but whether another vote could ever happen?

As a leaver - I would definitely boycott another vote! Why? … Because I could loose - and because I believe the vote to be unreasonable - and because I believe the threat of a mass boycott would prevent a vote happening?

The proposers for another vote arer all remainers and they all want 'remain' to be one of the questions! So what does that tell us? Simple - remainers have nothing to loose!

It's like a loser demanding "double or quits", but without the double! Or - "I'll toss you for it - Heads I win! - tails I don't loose!". There's not sufficient equity.

The validity of the Scottish independence reference in 2014 was uncontested. Both sides of the argument accepted the rules - and the British Government consented. The vote was institutionally legal! The Brexit vote in 2016 was exactly the same - uncontested and legal.

The vote for independence for Catalonia in 2017 was deemed illegal. One side of the argument didn't want to vote and the Spanish government didn't consent. The EU and UN didn't recognise the result.

So - if a campaign for leavers to boycott the vote threatened an obviously distorted result - would that result be acceptable? e.g. Remain question: 10 million votes - leave question: 5 million votes.

What do you think?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I know, the sovereign power of parliament, who needs scrutiny? Should just leave it to the Tory party, the last 2 years has demonstrated they know best

Labour? What exactly is their stance? We all know their views on the Jews don't we?

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd vote leave, just for shits and giggles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here