Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have been called so many things, it goes straight over my head.
I will post again when someone can offer some true and accurate reasons as to what young people will lose by us leaving the EU.

Jesus wept. We’ve done this to death. Scroll back through this thread and you’ll find plenty.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Direct access to one of the world’s largest labour markets would seem an obvious answer but here is an example of something of which I have direct experience.

I manage a scheme which gives young people looking to start a business the chance to spend 6 months working with an experienced entrepreneur in a centre of excellence in another European country. The aim is that they bring the skills and knowledge gained back to their business in the UK. OK it is very small scale in the scheme of things but has been life-changing for the 100s of people from the UK who have been on it. This scheme will either go or we will have to pay to participate thus making a small dent in the 350 million cash bonanza we were promised.

I guess that young people will be able to pick fruit or serve up flat whites back home but I wasn’t aware that this was a right that was currently denied to them.

Fake news....they will be falling over themselves to buy our stuff...remember they need us more than we need them seemly.

I can't believe you put these lies on this thread. This is no place for scaremongering.

Ban him mods.

D

Deleted member 22389

Direct access to one of the world’s largest labour markets would seem an obvious answer but here is an example of something of which I have direct experience.

I manage a scheme which gives young people looking to start a business the chance to spend 6 months working with an experienced entrepreneur in a centre of excellence in another European country. The aim is that they bring the skills and knowledge gained back to their business in the UK. OK it is very small scale in the scheme of things but has been life-changing for the 100s of people from the UK who have been on it. This scheme will either go or we will have to pay to participate thus making a small dent in the 350 million cash bonanza we were promised.

I guess that young people will be able to pick fruit or serve up flat whites back home but I wasn’t aware that this was a right that was currently denied to them.

Thanks for the information. Never heard of this before. Is this completely free, for example who pays for their accommodation.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The Daily Mail telling it like it is.

_100533689_dailymail.jpg

larus

The Daily Mail telling it like it is.

View attachment 95426

As a Brexit voter, left me be quite clear.
1. I don’t give a flying fvck what colour the passport is.
2. I also don’t give a flying fvck where it is made.

It’s this crap from both sides which undermines what should have been a sensible, adult, intelligent discussion. But no, we didn’t get that from the outset and we still don’t get it.

For every headline from the gutter press (as shown above) we get the BBC which passes a subtle political comment in regards of economic statistics and Brexit. Bad news is ‘due by Brexit’ and goos news is ‘despite of Brexit’.

Surely it is not unreasonable to expect the BBC to be politically neutral? But it’s not - it’s not overtly political but it is subtlety so.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My European friends are having a good giggle at Britain this morning.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The comment section is hilarious, I’m certain people had rage heart attacks.

Utterly hilarious :lolol:

It shows where politicians put the security of this country in order of importance. Why not hand over the printing of our currency over to the Nigerians and be done with it.

Put Britain first.

our PASSPORTS MUST BE PRINTED HERE IN U K AS THEY WERE BEFORE. No excuses and NO giving in

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5533937/Furious-backlash-post-Brexit-passports-overseas.html

That last comment must be from Ppf.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As a Brexit voter, left me be quite clear.
1. I don’t give a flying fvck what colour the passport is.
2. I also don’t give a flying fvck where it is made.

Same here.

What I find remarkable is Mail's attack on private enterprise. SInce when has the newspaper been supportive of state interference in the free market?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I'm not sure that we can learn much about patriotism from the Daily Mail.

"That is why I say, Hurrah for the Blackshirts! They are a sign that something is stirring among the youth of Britain. They are the symbol of that new realism in public life which alone can rouse it from its torpor."

1st Viscount of Rothermere (owner) writing in Daily Mail, January 1934.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think this is the moment we can safely say the Mail has finally lost the plot.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Coward
Whats the finalised fishing arrangement ?

I will have a stab, it will look much like it does now. I am pretty sure we will not suddenly have a massive uptake in UK fish consumption, the fish will still get landed where they have always landed, by the same boats and crews that do it now, but those boats may pay a fee or licence to fish here. There might be a benefit to the UK treasury, but not to the UK fishing industry, and in particular, no benefit to UK fishermen.
What do you reckon?

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Thanks for the information. Never heard of this before. Is this completely free, for example who pays for their accommodation.

They get a monthly financial support allowance during the exchange. Young people come to the UK from other parts of Europe as well and work with experienced business people here and we manage those exchanges.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Wow....now there is a bold statement, if ever I saw one.
You have decided that the EU will fly in the face of everything that has ever happened before, in political and economic history, and achieve its long term aims. The majority of members of the EU are uncomfortable/unhappy with the path chosen by the fanatics in control and this simmering/festering undercurrent will eventually boil over. Good luck if you think the EU is still going to exist, at least in the format we left it, in 10 years time.

Fly in the face of everything that has happened before in Political and Economic history? What is it you think is the EU long term aim is, that cannot be achieved? And what Historical examples is it that support that?
I have no doubt it will evolve, but it will not look massively different in 10 years time, I think Euro issues will be ironed out by then, hopefully there is an end to war in Syria and Libya becomes more stable, relieving some of the issues coming to a head due to the migration from these areas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here