Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
At least the government are going to send 79 leaflets to households and businesses to advise how to prepare for a no deal. I assume it will be along the lines of "open more bank accounts for all your money and go to hospital as soon as you get a sniffle because we will be rolling in cash"

Or do we think it will tell people to stock up on life saving drugs and get some tins in? I assume only remain voters will bother getting anything because the leavers know everything will be fine.

Whilst its true the remainers are pushing the country towards us leaving the EU with no deal with every little wrecking agenda they promote, im not convinced 79 leaflets will even cover my street let alone the whole country.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Whilst its true the remainers are pushing the country towards us leaving the EU with no deal with every little wrecking agenda they promote, im not convinced 79 leaflets will even cover my street let alone the whole country.

Odd, I thought is was JRM pushing his agenda that was hamstringing everything?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
there's a surprise, good old liberal lefty handwringing Lewes, half of the town come from London these days ,totally deluded in their multi cultural lifestyle in the town :dunce:
regards
DR

Lewes constutency covers more than just Lewes, but you knew that.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The referendum votes were measured at national level not constituientcy level. Therefore MPs should vote based on national results. Besides, you remainers keep banging on that it was only advisory - you appear to have changed you tune in a desperate attempt to prevent Brexit. There can't be many straws left for you to grab !

MPs are elected to represent their constituents. No change of tack from me, despite your efforts to place various quotes together.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
"the remainers are pushing the country towards us leaving the EU with no deal with every little wrecking agenda they promote"

Rearrange these words into a well-known phrase or saying:

The Calling Black The Pot Kettle

Its not surprising you lot are so daft you dont even know you are doing it.
If you are programmed to think the EU are Barcelona and your own country are Palace reserves, you will never get past the propaganda you believe that your own country is worthless compared to the EU. More of a cuck lemming than some sort kettle referance.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
MPs are elected to represent their constituents. No change of tack from me, despite your efforts to place various quotes together.

The majority of constituencies voted leave. Brexit should be breezing through the legislative processes as MP`s represent their constituents.

Leave_remain.PNG

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Its not surprising you lot are so daft you dont even know you are doing it.
If you are programmed to think the EU are Barcelona and your own country are Palace reserves, you will never get past the propaganda you believe that your own country is worthless compared to the EU. More of a cuck lemming than some sort kettle referance.

Bit naughty Pasta - we both know the reference was to Raab v. Bernier. On your substantive point buried under several layers of vitriol but nevertheless worthy of a response( Remainers = Wreckers) I think that Mrs May rather pre-empted any sort of reaching out for a national consensus by

a) setting the red lines too early in the process ('her citizens of nowhere' speech hardly set a tone behind which the country could unite);

b) calling for a General election for a mandate she didn't get and shooting herself in the foot and opening up her flank to the ERG

c) not standing up to the ERG - not to mention the failed attempt to keep Boris on-side

d) producing the relatively 'soft Brexit' White Paper ridiculously late in the process which even on practical grounds looks undeliverable

e) fudging the Northern Ireland border issue

(The list could go on.)

I think that one scenario might well be some sort package forced through by the majority of sensible MPs. I've no clue what this would look like but it's the ERG who are the 'wreckers' of the White Paper (some of whom actually WANT no deal), so please direct your anger at the appropriate target.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Wait a minute that isn't on Twitter so just cannot be true. Maybe they will start another petition because it's so unfair

I think you meant it might be on twitter, but the remoaners wont be sharing it within their twitter bubble so cant be true, as some of them keep an eye out on the whole of twitter and if the opinion isnt seen on twitter it doesnt count and isnt relevant in the non twitter land...............or something that just sucks the life out of you :lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Bit naughty Pasta - we both know the reference was to Raab v. Bernier. On your substantive point buried under several layers of vitriol but nevertheless worthy of a response( Remainers = Wreckers) I think that Mrs May rather pre-empted any sort of reaching out for a national consensus by

a) setting the red lines too early in the process ('her citizens of nowhere' speech hardly set a tone behind which the country could unite);

b) calling for a General election for a mandate she didn't get and shooting herself in the foot and opening up her flank to the ERG

c) not standing up to the ERG - not to mention the failed attempt to keep Boris on-side

d) producing the relatively 'soft Brexit' White Paper ridiculously late in the process which even on practical grounds looks undeliverable

(The list could go on.)

I think that one scenario might well be some sort package forced through by the majority of sensible MPs. I've no clue what this would look like but it's the ERG who are the 'wreckers' of the White Paper (some of whom actually WANT no deal), so please direct your anger at the appropriate target.

He is just following team Brexit, blame everyone else.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
What's the likelihood of a GE got to do with the process of recinding A50 ? It doesn't suddenly change what needs to happen. Labour can't win the next GE and reverse everything with the wave of a wand. If, and I don't think there will be a GE before we exit next March, there is a GE then it will most likely delay the process to recind. That means we will leave and it will be too late to recind.

Perhaps, but Article 50 being extended is a possibility with preparatory legal work already afoot for though.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Reports this morning that Tory chief whip Julian Smith did instruct paired MP's to ignore agreed pairing before Tuesday's votes. Toxic.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

(The list could go on.)

:lolol: yeah right, the white paper is simply policy, it is not an Act that needs repealing before change, the ERG are fully entitled to push that white paper in the correct direction of what people voted for via amendments to bills in parliament that will direct the government when they become law. It doesnt make the white paper anything......harder or softer....... as ultimately the EU and the UK will still have to negotiate. The important thing is the government are not pushed into a situation by legality that makes their job of respecting the democratic vote harder to achieve. This is what the wreckers are trying to do........you know it, i know it, everyone knows it......even if some wont admit it.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Perhaps, but Article 50 being extended is a possibility with preparatory legal work already afoot for though.

Of course its a possibility, the Article itself makes provisions to extensions to the negotiations. Realistically though any extension to negotiations will be a matter of a few months if they think there is light at the end of the tunnel by next march. if the wreckers have made any deal impossible, we will all know before the need for an extension is considered.......then we will just leave with no deal.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Of course its a possibility, the Article itself makes provisions to extensions to the negotiations. Realistically though any extension to negotiations will be a matter of a few months if they think there is light at the end of the tunnel by next march. if the wreckers have made any deal impossible, we will all know before the need for an extension is considered.......then we will just leave with no deal.
You should take a leaf out of the book of the Brexit-backing business woman on BBC Breakfast this morning, who rightly holds this government responsible for lacking a duty of care for not having any semblance of a plan for if the nation voted out, rather than constantly blaming people exercising their democratic right to continue to oppose Brexit.

You sound like an utter simpleton banging on about "wreckers". It's pathetic and childish. "wreckers"... FFS. :nono:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No, he is just pushing for the Brexit that was voted for

This exchange has been repeated a hundred times on this thread, and a million times elsewhere. It's dull to have to repeat it again, but necessary. There is no 'Brexit that was voted for'. You know this. We all know this. What you mean is 'The Brexit that I choose to believe people voted for'. Your statement is either wholly disingenuous, or hugely arrogant.

You voted to leave. You knew that it was a completely unknown risk. You knew it would very likely cause damage to the country. You knew it would cost people their livelihoods. You still voted for it. Blame whoever you want for the eventual outcome, but you know whose fault this is, as we all do.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
With a wild stab in the dark I'd suggest Twitter. She seems to think it's the bringer of truth and fact :facepalm:

You realise that Theresa May, Jacob Rees-Mogg, Nigel Farage, Jeremy Corbyn etc etc are all on Twitter?
You can follow whomever you want, and read their tweets. Not a newspaper article about their tweets, with the journalists' interpretation of it, but their own original tweets, authenticated by the blue tick.
Brighton and Hove Albion use Twitter, do you dismiss their tweets as not true? Like any form of internet communication, it is what you make it.

Of course, I am going to copy and paste tweets I agree with. I do have more than one source for my opinions, but you're too busy trying to belittle me to
give it any credence. You don't have a monopoly on truth.

Wait a minute that isn't on Twitter so just cannot be true. Maybe they will start another petition because it's so unfair

Yes, the author of that article is, and you can search his twitter feed.
https://twitter.com/chrishanretty

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here