Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We will still trade and build alliances with the world....

I am not xenophobic, lets welcome the very best from the world but not just anyone from the EU....

Quality over quantity....

And finally, I don’t think you’ve really thought any of your posts through. You’re just trotting out hackneyed crap we’ve heard a million times before.

But I look forward to your replies all the same.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Great negotiation strategy, Corbyn wants no deal off the table, no wonder this loser will never be Prime Minister.:facepalm:

It’s been on the table or over two years now....it’s worked well so far hasn’t it?

What is it they say about doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Exactly why we shouldn't have referendums in a parliamentary democracy.

There are some people that before ending up on the losing side in the 2016 referendum vote were adamant referendums have no place in our democracy, are a terrible idea for making a political decision and should never be used who have since losing the 2016 vote changed their minds and are now in favour of the referendum process.
Out of interest have you told anyone currently supporting another referendum and backing the Peoples Vote lobby that referendums shouldn't have a place in a parliamentary democracy?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
It’s been on the table or over two years now....it’s worked well so far hasn’t it?

What is it they say about doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome?

Insanity-quote.jpg :rolleyes:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
There are some people that before ending up on the losing side in the 2016 referendum vote were adamant referendums have no place in our democracy, are a terrible idea for making a political decision and should never be used who have since losing the 2016 vote changed their minds and are now in favour of the referendum process.
Out of interest have you told anyone currently supporting another referendum and backing the Peoples Vote lobby that referendums shouldn't have a place in a parliamentary democracy?

Well, you people have obviously been so successful persuading us remainers that the second referendum was all fair and above board, that we’ve all come round to the idea so much, we want a third one.:D

Perhaps now, you could all use your persuasive powers and persuade theEU that we can have our cake and eat it too.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What a stupid question.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
To be fair, I think pastafarian is one of the last happy Brexiteers on here. He doesn't know what he wants and he doesn't know what he's going to get. :lolol:

I am indeed still happy, i generally like to be happy in life anyway, life is too short to be one of those negative types always moaning. And still happy knowing that i am going to get what i wanted even if you find that confusing.:thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I am indeed still happy, i generally like to be happy in life anyway, life is too short to be one of those negative types always moaning. And still happy knowing that i am going to get what i wanted even if you find that confusing.:thumbsup:

So which was it you've been hoping for all along and were too ashamed to say :blush:

Norway or No Brexit?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think referendums where the result is as woolly as the 2016 one was are bad ideas, because you end up with situations like this where hardly anyone can agree on what should happen. Had the Leave campaign specified what sort of version of Leave they wanted in 2016 we wouldn't be here, as people would have known exactly what they were voting for.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I think referendums where the result is as woolly as the 2016 one was are bad ideas, because you end up with situations like this where hardly anyone can agree on what should happen. Had the Leave campaign specified what sort of version of Leave they wanted in 2016 we wouldn't be here, as people would have known exactly what they were voting for.

Did you not read the pamphlet sent out by camerons government at a £9mil cost to the tax payer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here