View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
504. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

347 68.85%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

157 31.15%
Page 4348 of 4420 FirstFirst ... 33483848424842984338434543464347434843494350435143584398 ... LastLast
Results 43,471 to 43,480 of 44191
    aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nicko31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What was interesting is the Dimble said 75% of the audience didn't want to discuss Brexit last night which I found bizarre, just avoiding the big issue that pretty much will effect everything else. Their denial mirrors that of the ruling Tory party right now
    Yet people like you keep moaning that the government is so focused on Brexit they are doing little else ! Make up your mind.
    The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
    I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      I've not really followed this thread if truth be told.

But anyone think we should have just said we don't want a deal EU and left it for a year or so to see how hard they begged?
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I see the remainers have finally admitted defeat.
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
      Not quite true. Gove has already said that farming subsidies would continue, as before, at least up till the next election. However, I can't see a Tory government meeting EU commitments to spend in Labour-voting areas like the north or Wales but I imagine Cornwall may see a few bribes, er I mean, financial commitments for infrastructure projects.
      forgot about Gove. people dont seem to like him but he gets shit done, something sorely lacking in the rest of this episode, and politics in general for at least a decade. i think if the policy is based on centralise funding schemes (as it is with current agri-subsidy) there's not alot of scope for favoring or unfavouring one region over another. and remember, rural communities and especially land owning farmers are generally Conservatives. the problems arise when it comes to cherry picking cities or schemes, there is something to be said for the remoteness of Brussels dishing out the cash as they are so removed they arent interested in local political leanings, only promoting their own agendas.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
      The Disowned Masses

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post

But anyone think we should have just said we don't want a deal EU and left it for a year or so to see how hard they begged?
      Isn't that basically where we ended up anyway?
      Follow @kmoorman1968 on Twitter

Visit my Devon Gold Prospecting Blog

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Papa Lazarou View Post
      Isn't that basically where we ended up anyway?
      Well no, as it stands we are offering them £40billion for a deal. I'd have offered them nothing and walked away from the start. At least then we would have two years of planning for post EU. Then if a deal was done it would only be upside and we wouldn't be so hamstrung in making trade deals with others.
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!

funny thing is, this would have been the genuine "hard brexit" option and not one politician I've heard ever suggested it. there was always an assumption we'd negotiate an exit, rather than leave then negotiate new relationship.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      funny thing is, this would have been the genuine "hard brexit" option and not one politician I've heard ever suggested it. there was always an assumption we'd negotiate an exit, rather than leave then negotiate new relationship.
      I really don't think there is such a thing as hard or soft Brexit. it is just Brexit.

It has been very clear from day one that the EU had more to lose than us, and therefore actively going for no deal would have seen the boot on the other foot. May has been scared into a poor negotiating position by remainer led civil servants forecasting gloom again.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I really don't think there is such a thing as hard or soft Brexit. it is just Brexit.

It has been very clear from day one that the EU had more to lose than us, and therefore actively going for no deal would have seen the boot on the other foot. May has been scared into a poor negotiating position by remainer led civil servants forecasting gloom again.
      It could well be, my friend, that the civil servants have access to rather more sophisticated data on trade than you do. I think your strategy, whilst admirably clear, might attract the descriptors 'chaotic' and 'disastrous'.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      forgot about Gove. people dont seem to like him but he gets shit done, something sorely lacking in the rest of this episode, and politics in general for at least a decade. i think if the policy is based on centralise funding schemes (as it is with current agri-subsidy) there's not alot of scope for favoring or unfavouring one region over another. and remember, rural communities and especially land owning farmers are generally Conservatives. the problems arise when it comes to cherry picking cities or schemes, there is something to be said for the remoteness of Brussels dishing out the cash as they are so removed they arent interested in local political leanings, only promoting their own agendas.
      Totally agree with you on Gove; he certainly 'gets shit done'. For example he did Boris.