Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yes you could, after 6 months they could have been removed if they had no prospect of finding work.

Not the same as simply being unemployed, how do you prove someone has no prospect of ever finding work, how many 10`s of thousands are still seeking employment six months after arriving, apparently the numbers are huge, big enough to warrant people saying it would have solved the immigration problem. Bit odd though if in the same breath people like to say the majority are in work and paying taxes.........cant have it both ways.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Okay. I just wondered as you’re not having the best of days in this thread and I noticed you were talking about shagging a chicken in another and being a bit weird elsewhere; I was worried for you.

Having a great time today thanks,whats not to like with so many losers clearly losing the plot.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Not the same as simply being unemployed, how do you prove someone has no prospect of ever finding work, how many 10`s of thousands are still seeking employment six months after arriving, apparently the numbers are huge, big enough to warrant people saying it would have solved the immigration problem. Bit odd though if in the same breath people like to say the majority are in work and paying taxes.........cant have it both ways.

These 10's of thousands aren't claiming benefits 6 months after arriving, because if they have no prospect of finding a job and require welfare which they wouldn't get, they could be removed - the law was changed in 2014. It's not The EU's fault that we can't enforce our own laws through lack of resources and enough people are ignorant enough to blame immigration on The EU.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
According to some on here the whole immigration debate would have been negated and sorted years ago if we had simply got tough on EU jobseekers and thrown them out for being unemployed, apart from the fact you cant deport a EU national for simply being unemployed anyway the numbers of unemployed involved must be truly breathtaking if it would have swayed the concerns of millions who want to see more control of our borders.
If the UK is now less attractive to immigrants thanks to us why are the numbers still high? Why are we not seeing just a couple of thousand coming here, and hundreds of thousands departing a month?

Will the Scots still be allowed to come to England after they've left the UK?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Will the Scots still be allowed to come to England after they've left the Union?

Over 5 million people in Scotland + nearly 5 million in The Republic of Ireland (it'll be nearly 7 million if Ireland unifies) all having the ability to freely move here and live anytime they like and steal our jobs and claim our benefits and bleed our health service all at the same time? That's political correctness gone completely mad.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I did...what was the post number?

Can't find the original (and can't be arsed to page through his posts !). In his frenzied attempts to prove Brexit was working he took a screen shot of the positive results to his Google Brexit search. However the rest of the screenshot proved more enlightening. This later copy willl give you the jist

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?343854-BrExit-the-countdown-to-11PM-GMT-on-Friday-29th-of-March-2019&p=8281025&highlight=bookmarks#post8281025

And, on the positive side, he did disappear for a few weeks following this, before he came back and told us he'd mocked up that screen

(Mucked up more like) :lolol:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Talking about answers. Still no response from you if you still believe, as you did previously, that Brexit wont happen or have you been forced to change that stance due to a realisation it’s a fantasy.
You having difficulty deciding?

Mildly Interesting that you still haven't been able to give me the number of the post where I said it wouldn't happen.

Just more fantasy, really can't be arsed anymore :wave:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
i would ask you to explain, but know you'll dismiss it. i do know how immigration works, how EU citizens are permitted to stay, and how there is no meaningful mechanism to control that because of deficiencies in our legislation. this was not something widely noted in the previous 20 years of debate over EU, as shown by those in favour of the EU failing to address concerns on this issue.

Well if you know about the deficiencies in our legislation that stop us having the meaningful controls that we are allowed to have within the EU, then you would also know that changing that legislation to introduce those controls would have been simpler, cheaper, quicker and more effective at controlling EU immigration than Brexit :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Employment is at a record high, albeit including zero hours contracts. I see many a shop & cafe in Brighton & Eastbourne, with notices advertising job vacancies.
In the meantime, fruit is rotting in our farms, at the moment, because the Europeans aren't coming here to pick it.

How many unemployed EU nationals are here, at present?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Well if you know about the deficiencies in our legislation that stop us having the meaningful controls that we are allowed to have within the EU, then you would also know that changing that legislation to introduce those controls would have been simpler, cheaper, quicker and more effective at controlling EU immigration than Brexit :shrug:

i agree. unfortunately no one in the political landscape was doing anything about that 2 years ago.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
i agree. unfortunately no one in the political landscape was doing anything about that 2 years ago.

That could well be because the immigration levels we had were what was required to sustain the economic growth and tax income that is needed to pay for things like Pensions, NHS, Infrastructure etc for an ageing population.

But that's another issue completely.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
According to some on here the whole immigration debate would have been negated and sorted years ago if we had simply got tough on EU jobseekers and thrown them out for being unemployed, apart from the fact you cant deport a EU national for simply being unemployed anyway the numbers of unemployed involved must be truly breathtaking if it would have swayed the concerns of millions who want to see more control of our borders.
If the UK is now less attractive to immigrants thanks to us why are the numbers still high? Why are we not seeing just a couple of thousand coming here, and hundreds of thousands departing a month?

Nice Straw man, no one suggested it would necessarily reduce numbers, but it would break the myth that we had no control, and that there is some EU policy that says we have to look after EU citizens that come here and can't support themselves. A reduction in annual EU migration to the UK of 75,000 reported for last year, might not be enough for you but some industries report it being far harder to find the labour they need. Many have lives here and do not want to leave unless they have to, some want to but need to find work elsewhere before leaving their job here, and some are students finishing their courses.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
When will the leavers realise what is happening and what a mess this whole process has become

time to admit that the nation made a mistake the question was to simplistic in or out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here