Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Damn.I thought you were posting her resignation letter.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
We can but hope,let’s get a committed leaver in.

Perhaps we could copy the Greens and have a split leadership,JRM/BoJo_Or does one of them have to be androgynous?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Below - T May's letter to Conservative party members. Apologies for format.

In the referendum on 23 June 2016 – the largest ever democratic exercise in the United Kingdom – the British people voted to leave the European Union. And that is what we will do. etc etc etc

Poor old thing. Soundbites are all she has.

A dreary set of random nonsenses from TM. Ten examples...

1. “I have travelled up and down the country, listening to views from all four nations and every side of the debate.” That means nothing. We’ve listened to PPF.

2. “We share an ambition for our country to be fairer than ever before.” Meaningless non sequitur. What was stopping us before?

3. “Leaving the EU gives us the opportunity to be fairer, more prosperous and respectful of the views of others.” Cheap words. How?

4. “We will have friction-free trade in goods” Don’t ask Pastafarian about this. It’s a lie apparently.

5. “We will operate a fully independent... defence policy, working with NATO and our EU allies.” There may be an oxymoron there, but anyway how does it differ from what we have now?

6. ”British businesses which export goods to the EU have been clear with us that they will continue to follow its rules...” Well that’s very good of them.

7. “We will take back control of our money (to spend on things such as) our long-term plan for the NHS”. (Unspoken aside: Yes, I know that this is misleading claptrap but if I can cash in just a little bit on Boris’s bus lie then you try to stop me.)

8. “As Conservatives, we should be proud of the role we are playing at this crucial time for our country.” There are only about ten people in the country who would agree with that - “move aside New Labour spin doctors, you ain’t got nothing on me".

9. “We will take back control of our laws ending the jurisdiction of the European Court of Justice in the United Kingdom.” Useful but misleading word, “jurisdiction”. Good job you didn’t say “Influence”. That would have made it untrue.

10. “We are stepping up our no deal’ preparations. But not sufficiently. Relevant to this are recent Brexiteer demands that the government publish its no-deal plans in order to frighten the EU. Having now seen the terrifying plans and realising that the only people who will be frightened are the British people the Brexiteers are now demanding that the plans are slid out with absolute minimum drama.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

1. “I have travelled up and down the country, listening to views from all four nations and every side of the debate.” That means nothing. We’ve listened to PPF.

2. “We share an ambition for our country to be fairer than ever before.” Meaningless non sequitur. What was stopping us before?

3. “Leaving the EU gives us the opportunity to be fairer, more prosperous and respectful of the views of others.” Cheap words. How?

4. “We will have friction-free trade in goods” Don’t ask Pastafarian about this. It’s a lie apparently.

5. “We will operate a fully independent... defence policy, working with NATO and our EU allies.” There may be an oxymoron there, but anyway how does it differ from what we have now?

6. ”British businesses which export goods to the EU have been clear with us that they will continue to follow its rules...” Well that’s very good of them.

7. “We will take back control of our money (to spend on things such as) our long-term plan for the NHS”. (Unspoken aside: Yes, I know that this is misleading claptrap but if I can cash in just a little bit on Boris’s bus lie then you try to stop me.)

8. “As Conservatives, we should be proud of the role we are playing at this crucial time for our country.” There are only about ten people in the country who would agree with that - “move aside New Labour spin doctors, you ain’t got nothing on me".

9. “We will take back control of our laws ending the jurisdiction of the European Court of Justice in the United Kingdom.” Useful but misleading word, “jurisdiction”. Good job you didn’t say “Influence”. That would have made it untrue.

10. “We are stepping up our no deal’ preparations. But not sufficiently. Relevant to this are recent Brexiteer demands that the government publish its no-deal plans in order to frighten the EU. Having now seen the terrifying plans and realising that the only people who will be frightened are the British people the Brexiteers are now demanding that the plans are slid out with absolute minimum drama.

That's a bit like the ten commandments gravestone that Milliband the embryo posed with.Good effort 6/10

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
And you want to add France, Germany, Spain etc to the list. Fantastic. Well played brexit. Well played.
I suppose instead of going to a beach in Italy we can save up a years salery so we can afford water for one bath, sit in it and look at photos of a beach and pretend we are there.

Perhaps if the countries you listed would follow the lead of the Canary Islands as regards holiday entry I might change my mind.Not North Korea,obviously-not keen on dogmeat.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

I noticed 'deep and special partnership' is now 'a close friendship and strong partnership' and 'a deep and friendly relationship'. Still just as little substance in the new phrases as the original I'd suspect though.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Why should they? Shouldn't they "take back control" and shut their borders? Decide dor themselves who enters? I thought brexit would be all for that?

No,absolutely not.Brexiteers have a whole-world view,not an isolationist,racist,one.The Commonwealth shows you the future,not the White-Power EU.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
T May: ' We will have friction-free trade in goods '

So not just as friction free as possible then?

That one has evolved too - first it was 'frictionless' then 'frictionless as possible' now it's 'friction free'. I wonder what it'll be in a couple of months.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I am confused. So brexit is all about open borders?

Yes,absolutely.Only the EU countries are closing their borders,employing lots of customs and immigration people,and building massive lorry parks.They don't like non-whites there.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
That and the price of chlorinated chicken has shot through the roof in Yorkshire.

Not to mention that post brexit everyone must be loaded if you can afford £200 for an imported chicken on a whim like that.
Typical remoaner grandad though, simply cant force himself to buy British.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
“Crisis-hit council expected to cut vital services after being effectively declared bankrupt”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...cted-cut-vital-services-effectively-declared/

NHS in crises

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/08/09/nhs-needs-thousands-overseas-doctors-plug-gp-shortage/

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-45118513

And a well documented run on the pound.

#CountryinCrises
#BritainOnTheBrink

Never trust a Tory.

The Brexit dividend will sort it...

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Obviously far too hard for blinkered old you to distinguish the differences between speeches and policy papers that predict a hopeful outcome or aim of frictionless as possible trade and a proposal that claims to achieve frictionless trade.
Do you get a special badge from Lib Dem HQ for mis-representation or does it just come as part of the lobotomy package that comes with aligning yourself with their toxic undemocratic loon brexit stance.

Thanks for revealing your utter desperation though that you are finally realising we are leaving, and your frustration that you have run out of options to to stop it.

As someone has only recently penned on here……........We’re on our way.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If I did you probably wouldn't read it as you would be too busy waving your union Jack tattooed penis with all the other middle aged mid-life crisis Brexiteers over the clifs of dover shouting "take that! Freeeedom!" And other bullshit catchphrases you think are so hilarious.

I look forward to when you lose your beloved freedom of movement. I'm sure your posts will get even classier then. No doubt with even more mentions of your new obession with penises.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I suppose instead of going to a beach in Italy we can save up a years salery so we can afford water for one bath, sit in it and look at photos of a beach and pretend we are there.

Considering the level of fruitcake you are clearly at, i sort of had you down as someone that does this anyway.

0.jpg

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
'Obviously far too hard for blinkered old you to distinguish the differences between speeches and policy papers that predict a hopeful outcome or aim of frictionless as possible trade and a proposal that claims to achieve frictionless trade.'

I've read this a few times and I really can't make any sense of it. Honestly I've tried, but I can't. Can you clarify please or am I a lost cause? Surely it's Mrs May that doesn't distinguish between the two (if two there are?) as she has used both terms at different times? And this was in a letter, not in a speech or policy paper and neither is it a policy proposal.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
See, this is the brexit attitude: looking forward to removing freedom from people.

You've misunderstood ..... I'm looking forward to YOU personanally losing it. After your rants about old people, home owners and the UK in general it's the least you deserve.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here