Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Public to be warned every week over no-deal Brexit
‘Bundles’ issued from August for consumers, companies and holidaymakers

Theresa May is to put the country on a no-deal Brexit footing this summer as she prepares a series of public warnings about the impact of leaving the European Union without agreement.

Consumers and companies will be given detailed advice in weekly “bundles” from the start of next week on how to prepare for “a disorderly Brexit”, under government plans.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/public-to-be-warned-every-week-over-nodeal-brexit-d9wd3lwbk

Tick tock ...

You seem to be revelling in this.

Indeed.

Tick tock...?

Seriously. The country is about to suffer all manner of unnecessary hardship, and dickheads like this think it’s funny. Like scoring points, and ‘winning’ arguments on the internet, is actually the important thing. What an absolute tosspot.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
The EU are keeping to their rules. the rules of the other 27. I don't they are being intransigent at all. It is we who are leaving.

As for Remain manoeuvrings - I think you will find that they have been out manoeuvred by the hard brexiteers - who have tabled a number of amendments this week, that makes a Hard brexit more likely.

Looking at the noises coming out of Brussels about her softer Brexit plan I think you're probably right. But then why would they budge. Elements in parliament have been doing the EU's job for them ... insisting the red lines dissolve and making it clear they would accept any deal the EU would offer rather than leave with no deal. I was always hopeful a deal could be made but looking at where we are now a no deal is looking distinctly possible.

The usual suspects would probably welcome the belated preparations as it theoretically shows we are prepared to walk away and not just bend over and take any scraps.

Not revelling but it would be ironic if we ended up with the hardest possible Brexit thanks to a combination of EU intransigence and Remain manoeuvrings in parliament.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
But you ate meat before the supermarket?
I recall you saying you were going veggie for the whole trip......what went wrong with your virtue signalling?

I confess did eat one steak (someone took me to a steakhouse and didn't want to appear rude). the chicken did put me off after that

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The EU are keeping to their rules. the rules of the other 27. I don't they are being intransigent at all. It is we who are leaving.

As for Remain manoeuvrings - I think you will find that they have been out manoeuvred by the hard brexiteers - who have tabled a number of amendments this week, that makes a Hard brexit more likely.

The EU can fudge, alter or ignore rules when it suits. Negotiations involve give and take on both sides.

Brexiteers only responded to May's deciding on a softer brexit option applauded by Soubry, Clarke etc. This is still not enough for the EU though. I can see us being forced into a no deal corner. Their choice, putting the well being of european citizens and businesses above the EU project was perhaps always too much to ask.

larus

So, what do you think this refers to? " it is hard to see how the Conservative Government of the 1980s could have done their vital supply-side reforms with those freedoms taken away"

Liam Fox hasn't ruled out the lowering of standards on food i.e accepting US Chlorinated Chicken.

How do you link supply-side changes and food-standards? Talk about scraping the barrel.

If these supply-side reforms were so bad, why didn’t Labour in their 13 years in power change them all, or even some of them?

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
The usual suspects would probably welcome the belated preparations as it theoretically shows we are prepared to walk away and not just bend over and take any scraps.

Advance warning for Leavers. Expect the scaremongering to ramped up now until the day we leave. They will bombard us, they will try and frighten us, it's all part of the breaking you down process so you actually start believing the world is going to end.

You sure about that?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
EU intransigence.

They didn’t ask you to leave. You voted to leave, amid the bluster and swagger of they need us more than we need them, Prosecco and German car sales etc etc which patently isn’t the case is it? Put simply, it’s not the EUs job to ensure any kind of Brexit hard or soft; they’re job is to look after their own citizens first and foremost....just like it’s Thersa May’s job to look after hers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The EU can fudge, alter or ignore rules when it suits. Negotiations involve give and take on both sides.

Brexiteers only responded to May's deciding on a softer brexit option applauded by Soubry, Clarke etc. This is still not enough for the EU though. I can see us being forced into a no deal corner. Their choice, putting the well being of european citizens and businesses above the EU project was perhaps always too much to ask.

You really are a ****ing moron.

And this will be my parting shot as it’s time for travels.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
If you really care about this political argument and your country why do you tell bullshit like we already control our EU borders or we already control all our laws or the ECJ is nothing to do with the EU.
Sounds like you only care about your opinion as defined by whoever is mis-informing you, if you cared about your own country or its politics you would be open to be proven wrong on your rubbish.......the fact you refuse to accept the lies you have been told are lies says you do not really care about the country as you have placed your opinion above reproach

Rubbish, lies, misinformation... I think I'm going to have to get some advice about this from the 50-odd Argentinians who all bar one have told me that they think Brexit is a terrible idea.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Rubbish, lies, misinformation... I think I'm going to have to get some advice about this from the 50-odd Argentinians who all bar one have told me that they think Brexit is a terrible idea.

im sure they will inform you that "we have always controlled our borders" is porkies " we have always had controls over all our laws" is porkies and " the ECJ is nothing to do with the EU" is laughable rubbish. My point stands.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Only cos they didn't get the Falklands from Junker.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

The EU need us more than we need them though, don't they, I think that's what people advocating Brexit think?

Why on earth would the EU force a no deal option?

[tweet]877897331831709697[/tweet]

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-38648078/paul-nuttall-eu-needs-us-more-than-we-need-them

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35409274

You might think that Brexit folk make up stuff they think might convince other people Brexit is a good idea. ???

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
She’s is sounding weaker and weaker.

She still doesn’t understand the EU are not going to budge.
That's their prerogative ,we just walk away with a NO DEAL,no more bullying from them , let them slope off and suffer because they will suffer in the long term , BYE BYE EU :)
regards
DR

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
'Mr Barnier questioned whether the white paper was workable without additional bureaucracy and also raised concerns about the collection of tariffs.
He said: 'Are the British proposals in the interests of the EU?
'How could the EU delegate the application of EU tariffs to a country that is no longer a member state, that is no longer subject to our rules of governance? Is it legally feasible?'

He's got a point.

Jan 30, 2008
'Mr Barnier questioned whether the white paper was workable without additional bureaucracy and also raised concerns about the collection of tariffs.
He said: 'Are the British proposals in the interests of the EU?
'How could the EU delegate the application of EU tariffs to a country that is no longer a member state, that is no longer subject to our rules of governance? Is it legally feasible?'

He's got a point.
WHO CARES, we're leaving the EU we HAVE TO MAKE SURE IT WORKS FOR US
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here