Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Because you're new, I'll give a little help. Start with what you are going to do about the border :wink:

Let's hear your solution first, then. You need to earn the right to sneer, and you haven't yet. Oh, and just one hint - the answer isn't ignoring the result of the referendum, neither is it the solution remoaners doubtless prefer, having referendum after referendum until you get the 'right' result.
We wait with baited breath to see what you come up with. Well, no we don't actually, because I don't think you have a clue what to do about it.

Significantly, your chums in Brussels haven't managed to put forward any sensible suggestions yet. Still hoping we won't actually leave and take our contributions with us, I guess.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The Irish border?

Assuming yes, I favour the smart border. They already use it for Sweden/Norway for a much longer border. The guy behind the technology here says it is very achievable for Ireland.

Next?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Let's hear your solution first, then. You need to earn the right to sneer, and you haven't yet. Oh, and just one hint - the answer isn't ignoring the result of the referendum, neither is it the solution remoaners doubtless prefer, having referendum after referendum until you get the 'right' result.
We wait with baited breath to see what you come up with. Well, no we don't actually, because I don't think you have a clue what to do about it.

Significantly, your chums in Brussels haven't managed to put forward any sensible suggestions yet. Still hoping we won't actually leave and take our contributions with us, I guess.

So now you've managed to get us to this point, you want to know what I am going to do about it ?

As a general rule in life, don't go up a shitty creeks, don't throw away your paddle, and then don't ask people on the shore how they are going to go about rescuing you :shrug:

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
Remoaners out in force today.

Couldn't seem to make up their minds, half saying we didn't like the result and wanna stop Brexit full stop. Other half saying we accept the result but just want a say on the final deal. I notice too that the news reports devote a lot of time to the anti brexit march, including interviews with people on the march, but no coverage of a pro brexit rally in another part of London, make of it what you will.

How many people do you think attended that? Answer a few thousand at most, chanting Tommy Robinson (definitely not doing nazi salutes - but 'strengths and solidarity salutes').

That march is not representative of pro remain population - here is UK Unity and Freedom march

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Assuming yes, I favour the smart border. They already use it for Sweden/Norway for a much longer border. The guy behind the technology here says it is very achievable for Ireland.

Next?

A lot of experience in the Technology industry, I assume :lolol:

You are starting to look like Derby at Xmas

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Nice try at whataboutism, but rather like a conference team thinking 3 at the back is the answer to all their woes, it's not going to get you out of Div 3 :down:

As with anything else to do with the EU,I would guess at the answer being nepotism with a touch of bribery and corruption to get anywhere.Then it would still take as long as the construction of Brandenburg (Berlin) Airport.Perhaps we could set up our own Commonwealth Divisions,multi-cultural ones based on fair play!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
How many people do you think attended that? Answer a few thousand at most, chanting Tommy Robinson (definitely not doing nazi salutes - but 'strengths and solidarity salutes').

That march is not representative of pro remain population - here is UK Unity and Freedom march

Here's a picture of the youth wing :lolol:

swivel eyed.png

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So now you've managed to get us to this point, you want to know what I am going to do about it ?

As a general rule in life, don't go up a shitty creeks, don't throw away your paddle, and then don't ask people on the shore how they are going to go about rescuing you :shrug:

So you haven't got a f*ck**' clue then? Thought so. Apart from droning on about how you don't like Brexit. That'll move mountains, that will.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I am afraid that the fact you don't understand how far out of your depth you are with your Max Fac solution means the Fantasists are calling - sorry :down:

So I’ve destroyed you already on the Irish border and you’ve got nothing else?

Rock on loser.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He had better things to do

Absolutely. I am very glad the Labour leader is distancing himself from the remoaners. Labour for Brexit; the way ahead. Of course, there's a lot of PLP luvvies who won't like it, but to be honest, I don't think a lot of them like anything much now that their idol Blair has f*ck*d off.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So I’ve destroyed you already on the Irish border and you’ve got nothing else?

Rock on loser.

Absolutely - Destroyed. Maybe you should write and tell Theresa how simple it is, as she seems to be struggling with it, Maybe get your IT bloke at work to help out :lolol:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Do you think that there is no reason for this firm view on immigration and desire to control the numbers? We have been fed stories about health tourists, scroungers and criminals and misled as to the prevalence and told they place an unbearable burden on the NHS and Schools. The reason this can happen at all is due to UK policy, the reason our policy has been to let it go is because it would require us to do it for every entrant from wherever and would cost more in admin than would be saved.
If the majority of stories regarding EU migration were about how free movement helps keep our NHS running, that Austerity would be more austere without the tax and NI contributions of these people, and that even the eastern Europeans who are generally lower paid put in twice as much through tax and NI as they receive in benefits, perhaps even you would see that despite some issues, there is not just a net benefit, but we actually need something close to the numbers of migrants we get to function.

It is still happening. When the Telegraph reports that "One in seven of the 2,733,000 EU migrants aged 16-64 - a total of 390,000 - are unemployed or “inactive”. they fail to mention that this number includes students of which there are more than 250,000. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/12/eu-migrants-without-job-make-city-size-bristol/

Fair enough, but, if you can't show the post, are you sure it was him? And if so, are you sure he is wrong? I think we are going to miss the deadline, and get an extension, or worse for you, have to rescind A50 if we can't get an extension. If we are still in by the time the next GE comes around, who knows how things will turn out?

You are venturing into Pre-referendum argument territory, this has been done to death and your side rightly lost the immigration argument, move on with your life.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
(Do a little more reading on the Norway/Sweden border as regards the process/technology and volumes and you may be able to come up with a sensible answer)
Perhaps you should try doing that yourself................still, be consoled; in the unlikely event of you coming up with a sensible answer, the Irish will ignore it anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here