Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I want the best outcome for the UK, for me that is staying in the EU. I don't have a side as I feel both the UK and the EU represent us, and I would like to keep it that way.

Hilarious .. its like you think no one remembers your previous posts. A staunch federalist who doesn't have a side! You are team EU all the way fully signed up to ever closer union. Whats worse you fully understand the best way of accomplishing this is through stealth and avoiding any/all specific democratic mandates.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Have you thought of stand-up comedy.Most on here support the EU over Great Britain.As for the future generations thing,most of our generation have improved themselves so that they can pass it on to their kids and grandkids.As opposed to the wah-wah-wah,spoilt-*******,hurry-up-and die,want-my-nanny,self-entitled remainers on here.:)

One of the very true /factually accurate statements on this entire thread. If only more would have the cajones to admit it instead of scrabbling around for excuses why they don't respect UK democratic norms of enacting election/referendum results. :nono:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
One of the very true /factually accurate statements on this entire thread. If only more would have the cajones to admit it instead of scrabbling around for excuses why they don't respect UK democratic norms of enacting election/referendum results. :nono:

You are funny JC. I am sure you are well versed in our democratic norms and processes but just as a quick reminder the referendum was consultative, Parliament is the decision making body. Our democratic process is being upheld very well through rigerous debate. We may never leave and that will be democracy at work. It’s a shame that the Brexiteers have absolutely f****d up the negotiating process that the U.K. looks like a bunch of amateurs but plenty of us foresaw this.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You are funny JC. I am sure you are well versed in our democratic norms and processes but just as a quick reminder the referendum was consultative, Parliament is the decision making body. Our democratic process is being upheld very well through rigerous debate. We may never leave and that will be democracy at work. It’s a shame that the Brexiteers have absolutely f****d up the negotiating process that the U.K. looks like a bunch of amateurs but plenty of us foresaw this.

A few democratic points for the thickies on here .. the government promised to enact the referendum result ... parliament voted by a big majority to enact the referendum result, a generel election was held where the two parties that promised to enact the referendum result in their manifestos got over 80% of the vote. Obviously this means f all to Europhiles who have no respect for democracy.

If Brexiteers were in charge of the leaving process you may have a point but they weren't so you don't.

Jan 30, 2008
UNLIKE THE PLENTY WHO JUST WANT AN END TO IT ALL BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THEY VOTED FOR seems like politicians aren't capable of acting on behalf of the democratic will of the people , NO POINT IN TRYING TO PLEASE EVERYONE, SOME TIMES YOU HAVE TO BE CRUEL TO BE KIND, people will look back and think what was all the fuss about...…... BYE BYE EU:)
regards
DR

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
A few democratic points for the thickies on here .. the government promised to enact the referendum result ... parliament voted by a big majority to enact the referendum result, a generel election was held where the two parties that promised to enact the referendum result in their manifestos got over 80% of the vote. Obviously this means f all to Europhiles who have no respect for democracy.

If Brexiteers were in charge of the leaving process you may have a point but they weren't so you don't.

Plenty of time for democracy to sort it out. We have had this government waste two years and still be at war with itself whilst the country has swung against the concept of Brexit and isolationism. The Brextremists have run for the backbenches when they realised what a mess this was. Despite the rich Brexit elite and their self serving agenda I will continue to aspire for the best for all the population in a outward focused, peaceful and growing U.K. All to play for JC, all to play for.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
UNLIKE THE PLENTY WHO JUST WANT AN END TO IT ALL BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THEY VOTED FOR seems like politicians aren't capable of acting on behalf of the democratic will of the people , NO POINT IN TRYING TO PLEASE EVERYONE, SOME TIMES YOU HAVE TO BE CRUEL TO BE KIND, people will look back and think what was all the fuss about...…... BYE BYE EU:)
regards
DR

You will always have the EU in your life PPF as the U.K. will always be close with them if not part of them. It’s in our interest for that to be the case.
:rock:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Plenty of time for democracy to sort it out. We have had this government waste two years and still be at war with itself whilst the country has swung against the concept of Brexit and isolationism. The Brextremists have run for the backbenches when they realised what a mess this was. Despite the rich Brexit elite and their self serving agenda I will continue to aspire for the best for all the population in a outward focused, peaceful and growing U.K. All to play for JC, all to play for.

Ah the good old keep asking the question until you get the answer you want gambit .. very EU. Totally alien to UK democratic norms obviously but what does that matter.

The representatives of the democratic majority have been sidelined .. the UK, European, global elites all doing their best to circumvent democracy when the plebs don't vote the right way. It was ever thus ... shame so many useful idiots champion their agenda.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Ah the good old keep asking the question until you get the answer you want gambit .. very EU. Totally alien to UK democratic norms obviously but what does that matter.

The representatives of the democratic majority have been sidelined .. the UK, European, global elites all doing their best to circumvent democracy when the plebs don't vote the right way. It was ever thus ... shame so many useful idiots champion their agenda.

Your getting all sharp with the comments again JC, best take depth breaths. We have never been as prosperous and peaceful as a country as we are now, successfully living and trading with our closest neibours. Enjoy it as it may not last, although fortunately there are many of your compatriots working hard to ensure it does for all

Jan 30, 2008
Your getting all sharp with the comments again JC, best take depth breaths. We have never been as prosperous and peaceful as a country as we are now, successfully living and trading with our closest neibours. Enjoy it as it may not last, although fortunately there are many of your compatriots working hard to ensure it does for all
WITH ALL THOSE TERROR ATTACKS GOING ON AND STANDING BY AND DOING NOTHING IN THE BALKAN CONFLICT ???
regards
DR

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Usually when fully deserved. Apparently continually trolling and abusing leavers on this thread is fine but a bit of kickback is OTT .. bless. Yes we are doing ok economically but we can do Ok outside the EU, arguing we can't prosperunless locked into the EU ever closer union project is and always was a particuarly stupid blinkered pov.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Your getting all sharp with the comments again JC, best take depth breaths. We have never been as prosperous and peaceful as a country as we are now, successfully living and trading with our closest neighbours.
Prosperous and peaceful maybe - although many can justifiably question the prosperous bit of that! Let's look at that prosperity - the rich are getting richer and the gap between rich and poor is getting bigger year by year.
Historically there always has been a huge gap - back in the day the richest people (the Barons) not only owned the land, they also owned the people on it! Gradually though, reforms and social change narrowed that gap - the end of the feudal system, universal suffrage, the industrial revolution, trade unions, Labour Governments, etc. Until one day that gap got to its smallest ever - and then started shooting back up.
When did this momentous change of direction occur? The mid 1970s, when we had a referendum and voted to....................join the EEC/EU.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Hilarious .. its like you think no one remembers your previous posts. A staunch federalist who doesn't have a side! You are team EU all the way fully signed up to ever closer union. Whats worse you fully understand the best way of accomplishing this is through stealth and avoiding any/all specific democratic mandates.

Totally wrong mate. I am not pro Crawley, anti Sussex, or pro Sussex, anti England, or pro England, anti UK, so why should I be pro UK, anti EU? Yes, I want closer union, because I believe that would be better for everyone, but I also want as much power as local as possible. Ultimately, I think it would be useful if there was a global body that collected corporation taxes, global consumer protection law, global workers rights, I think there should be a global minimum standard of living, global healthcare, global animal welfare. The point is not that I have a burning desire for one political structure or another, I have a desire for greater equality in the world, the EU or something like it is a step in that direction, it encourages raising of standards in emerging economies. Dealing with the cheapest possible producers, zero tariffing everything, and other shitty ideas from Brexiteers will not raise standards of living in the world, they will drive them down, here and abroad. Not for those on the top of the pile, those at the bottom will be the ones that suffer. It's about people, the structures I want are the ones that serve us all best.
As for a way of achieving it, I would prefer to use an open and honest pathway, but there are the ways that Nations have fostered Nationalism, but these create problems later on as we are seeing now, it creates a feeling of belonging, but also of exclusion or even exceptionalism from others. Do you think all of Britain was always united as one Nation? or even all of England? Why is a Scott and a Geordie born a few miles apart, less alike than the Geordie and me, born hundreds of miles apart?
You lot just think small, stuck within the lines on the map.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Prosperous and peaceful maybe - although many can justifiably question the prosperous bit of that! Let's look at that prosperity - the rich are getting richer and the gap between rich and poor is getting bigger year by year.
Historically there always has been a huge gap - back in the day the richest people (the Barons) not only owned the land, they also owned the people on it! Gradually though, reforms and social change narrowed that gap - the end of the feudal system, universal suffrage, the industrial revolution, trade unions, Labour Governments, etc. Until one day that gap got to its smallest ever - and then started shooting back up.
When did this momentous change of direction occur? The mid 1970s, when we had a referendum and voted to....................join the EEC/EU.

Thatcher crushed the unions and gave every council home owner the right to buy it at discount, scrapped rent officers, scrapped protected tenancies. None of these were EU policies.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

You're blaming the EU for the growth in social equality within the UK?

I am not going to say anything rude about your point of view, but can you explain specifically how being a member of the EU has led to this situation?

(I think - no evidence to hand - that when nations become richer there may be a tendency for inequality to grow. The reverse is also true so perhaps a smaller, poorer England just might have less inequality. Looking at the enormously rich backers of Brexit I wouldn't bank on it though.)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You're blaming the EU for the growth in social equality within the UK?

I am not going to say anything rude about your point of view, but can you explain specifically how being a member of the EU has led to this situation?

(I think - no evidence to hand - that when nations become richer there may be a tendency for inequality to grow. The reverse is also true so perhaps a smaller, poorer England just might have less inequality. Looking at the enormously rich backers of Brexit I wouldn't bank on it though.)

The ten most equal countries in the world are all in the EU or EEA, so the idea that being in the EU brings inequality has little substance. I'd suggested that neutralising of trade unions has had much more of an effect

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here