Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Do you understand how patronising you sound?

I do, yes.

I really don't know how else to say this.

Because they are very different, neither one of them has a majority in parliament and no-one knows which one the electorate preferred as it was never asked.

So which one should we 'get on with' then ?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I really don't know how else to say this.

Because they are very different, neither one of them has a majority in parliament and no-one knows which one the electorate preferred as it was never asked.

So which one should we 'get on with' then ?

Alas, my job does not give me such a mandate. It is down to those in positions of influence to sort out our method of 'Leave'. Not me. I am sure that you are qualified, but I am not.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Alas, my job does not give me such a mandate. It is down to those in positions of influence to sort out our method of 'Leave. Not me.

But those people in positions of influence are trying to do what you want. At least if you tell us which one you want that only leaves another 17,410,741 to ask and it would be a start :shrug:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Alas, my job does not give me such a mandate. It is down to those in positions of influence to sort out our method of 'Leave'. Not me. I am sure that you are qualified, but I am not.

Would you be happy to leave with the Nick Boles Norway+ method rather than May's deal? It's just some of the other leave voters on this thread aren't happy with either and go as far as to say that both of them are not really leaving.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Would you be happy to leave with the Nick Boles Norway+ method rather than May's deal? It's just some of the other leave voters on this thread aren't happy with either and go as far as to say that both of them are not really leaving.

Norway don't want us in their group with Iceland and Lichenstein.

[tweet]1071078003780870146[/tweet]

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Norway don't want us in their group with Iceland and Lichenstein.

[tweet]1071078003780870146[/tweet]

It depends on who you listen to and what gallery they''re playing to. The Icelandic Foreign Minister has stated he could see no issue with it for example. The opinion above is of one pro-EU, Norwegian MP though. She isn't The Government of Noway or The EFTA Council and there's nothing to stop The EU offering us the same terms as Norway with a customs union if we asked.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/sturdyAlex/status/1071759560120123393?s=19[/tweet]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Get on with it, stop faffing about.

Get on with what?! FFS.

You can't just say Leave because that's the whole ****ing point.

• No Deal Leave?
    [*]May's Deal Leave?
    [*]A Norway Leave?
    [*]A Canada Leave?
    [*]A Canada Plus Leave?
Which one do you want the Gov to do? And to confirm, you want this to happen even though you don't have the majority of the population wanting your specific version of leave? That's VERY undemocratic.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It depends on who you listen to and what gallery they''re playing to. The Icelandic Foreign Minister has stated he could see no issue with it for example. The opinion above is of one pro-EU, Norwegian MP though. She isn't The Government of Noway or The EFTA Council and there's nothing to stop The EU offering us the same terms as Norway with a customs union if we asked.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/sturdyAlex/status/1071759560120123393?s=19[/tweet]

Are we likely to ask, because the Norway option includes Freedom of Movement, which is something which makes the Tories screech in their nightmares?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here