Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I thought that they needed us more than we needed them. Surely if our trade is more important to them than their's is to us then this matters more to them. Or are we pretending that they care about 50 billion is all that matters to an economy worth 17 trillion.

So to make this visual.
50,000,000,000 is more important than protecting

Do you see now how 50 billion as a one off is actually sod all?

To make that more understandable to people like us used to normal numbers we simply remove 9 zeros.

So 50 quid compared to 17,000 quid.

Can someone check my maths there? Pretty clear who needs who more isn't it?

Its clear now, I din't realise that after Brexit we would completely stop trading with the EU, so that our export figures to this area would be zero. OMG, nobody will be able to fly on Air France, Lufthansa, Al Italia, Norwegian and we won't be able to go on holiday to Spain, Portugal, France, Italy and no long weekends to Prague, Amsterdam and Cologne. No minis, land rovers or Rolls Royce sold into the EU, no telecoms sales, no Sky Television in Europe. Remainers forecasts on Britain after Brexit are just ridiculous, the above figures are an absolute non sense based on the perception that we will cease trading with the EU altogether. Its desperate arguements like the aforementioned that make the debate such a farce.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
No the EU are worried about the lump sum they are going to get. They don't give a toss about anything else.

You are wrong. They care about keeping the remaining countries in the EU, that no one follows us. Why, lots of reasons, greater prosperity, peace, politics. The money is secondary, we will pay for sure to send a signal. We knew that.

But prominent Brexitears argued that they needed us more than we needed them, that we imported more than we exported, that the Germans car manufacturers and Italian proseco sellers would force their governments, that France and the Netherlands would quickly follow us out and the Eu would collapse, etc. What do we have? Farage lives in New York, the Tory leavers are making a clowns of the U.K. in the negotiations (on purpose?) and so on.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Its clear now, I din't realise that after Brexit we would completely stop trading with the EU, so that our export figures to this area would be zero. OMG, nobody will be able to fly on Air France, Lufthansa, Al Italia, Norwegian and we won't be able to go on holiday to Spain, Portugal, France, Italy and no long weekends to Prague, Amsterdam and Cologne. No minis, land rovers or Rolls Royce sold into the EU, no telecoms sales, no Sky Television in Europe. Remainers forecasts on Britain after Brexit are just ridiculous, the above figures are an absolute non sense based on the perception that we will cease trading with the EU altogether. Its desperate arguements like the aforementioned that make the debate such a farce.

What on earth are you going on about? I posted those numbers to show that the argument that all the EU care about is getting 50 billion. My point is that 50 billion is relative small change. The wider point is that if they lost trade with us it would be inconvenient and hit people on the pocket. If we lost trade with EU then we go broke. This is why they hold the aces in negotiations. No matter how many pretend this isn't the case.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
You are wrong. They care about keeping the remaining countries in the EU, that no one follows us. Why, lots of reasons, greater prosperity, peace, politics. The money is secondary, we will pay for sure to send a signal. We knew that.

But prominent Brexitears argued that they needed us more than we needed them, that we imported more than we exported, that the Germans car manufacturers and Italian proseco sellers would force their governments, that France and the Netherlands would quickly follow us out and the Eu would collapse, etc. What do we have? Farage lives in New York, the Tory leavers are making a clowns of the U.K. in the negotiations (on purpose?) and so on.

How long does the German military give the EU in its present format, another 20yrs before it breaks up according to them. Hardly confidence building

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
What on earth are you going on about? I posted those numbers to show that the argument that all the EU care about is getting 50 billion. My point is that 50 billion is relative small change. The wider point is that if they lost trade with us it would be inconvenient and hit people on the pocket. If we lost trade with EU then we go broke. This is why they hold the aces in negotiations. No matter how many pretend this isn't the case.

Rubbish and you know it, but I suppose if you keep spouting it some might believe you

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

The whole purpose is that many of us don't like an organisation that controls bloody everything and they will want more and more just like the £2 billion fine for a prosperous economy!!
It's a union with mostly poor countries in it and these countries need funding and bailing out...This was the purpose of the EU to make Europe as even as possible and to flood the big economies with Labour.

The EU will always be anti British and frankly we don't belong in it for numerous reasons.

The EU is a glorified middle man that takes and distributes and pays it's overpopulated staff £2 billion a year.

Good riddance

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
And i never said you did say that

Stop relying on twitter so much to fabricate your Brexit opinions.......simples.

Lol. I have plenty of sources thanks but Twitter is excellent if you follow both sides of the debate. One side (if you ignore the bots which you can do) are scrambling around for evidence while the other can draw on robust sources. I know which I believe. I wish I could bury my head in the sand and pretend all is great but I can't.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If we lost trade with EU then we go broke. This is why they hold the aces in negotiations. No matter how many pretend this isn't the case.

Since you seem to know the figures perhaps you can share, what % of EU trade would we need to lose to make UK plc go broke? What are the chances of losing that % of EU trade?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Lol. I have plenty of sources thanks but Twitter is excellent if you follow both sides of the debate. One side (if you ignore the bots which you can do) are scrambling around for evidence while the other can draw on robust sources. I know which I believe. I wish I could bury my head in the sand and pretend all is great but I can't.

Take your head out of your arse then, you stand a far better chance of burying it in the sand if you do.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Minis = Owned by BMW
Rolls Royce = Owned by Volkswagen
Land Rover = Owned by Tata Motors

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
I have mostly given up reading the nauseating drivel spouted on here usually by loony brexiteers! So from that opening statement you should be able to work out where I think the best future for this great country lies! However, I was wondering in the history of NSC where does this thread currently lie in terms of length of pages of posts? And what are the odds on it getting to 5000 or 10,000 pages????? :albion2::kiss::shrug:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Would you like some help?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The whole purpose is that many of us don't like an organisation that controls bloody everything and they will want more and more just like the £2 billion fine for a prosperous economy!!
It's a union with mostly poor countries in it and these countries need funding and bailing out...This was the purpose of the EU to make Europe as even as possible and to flood the big economies with Labour.

The EU will always be anti British and frankly we don't belong in it for numerous reasons.

The EU is a glorified middle man that takes and distributes and pays it's overpopulated staff £2 billion a year.

Good riddance

It is a shame that you see it that way. Do you also think it wrong for the UK government to incentivise business to set up production facilities in poorer areas of the UK, using money raised from taxes in London?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here