Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
They were totally used by Farage as well. I’ve lost all respect for them.

That's basically because it involves the sea - it pulls on the nostalgic/good old days/Britannia Rules The Waves heart strings of some leave voters, and Farage knew it.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
???

TOP TEN NATIONALITIES AMONG FOREIGN PRISONERS
England and Wales, at 31 March 2018
Nationality Number
Polish 802 9%
Irish 728 8%
Romanian 671 7%
Jamaican 495 5%
Lithuanian 402 4%
Pakistani 353 4%
Somalian 305 3%
Portuguese 276 3%
Nigerian 268 3%
Indian 262 3%
Other foreign nationals 4,756 51%
All foreign nationals 9,318 100%
Source: MoJ, Offender Management Statistics Quarterly, March 2018. Table 1.7

716 Albanians in prison here according to Hansard - https://www.parliament.uk/business/...s/written-question/Commons/2018-03-28/134795/

and The Times of London - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/inmate-mocks-wandsworth-prison-on-social-media-qlvlrzz7f

:shrug:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
They were totally used by Farage as well. I’ve lost all respect for them.

Oh give over ! The EU Fishing policy has always been unbalanced ( much like the utterly ridiculous CAP ) and in favour of French and Spanish fleets. Not helped that the EU fleets object to UK fleets being allowed to fish in their waters and resorting to violence to prevent it ( the French and scallops being the most recent example ) yet those EU fleets have no qualms about using their rights to fish in our waters. The UK fleets have been decimated by EU policy and have despised the EU long before Farage allegedlly 'used' them.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

Not according to the Ministry of Justice in this paper from the House of Commons library.

http://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/SN04334/SN04334.pdf

Could the difference be that the Hansard answer includes immgration centres as well and not just prisons ?

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Oh give over ! The EU Fishing policy has always been unbalanced ( much like the utterly ridiculous CAP ) and in favour of French and Spanish fleets. Not helped that the EU fleets object to UK fleets being allowed to fish in their waters and resorting to violence to prevent it ( the French and scallops being the most recent example ) yet those EU fleets have no qualms about using their rights to fish in our waters. The UK fleets have been decimated by EU policy and have despised the EU long before Farage allegedlly 'used' them.

The legacy of the cod wars in the 70's and the decimation that caused, which was nothing to with the EU and the CFP, as it wasn't introduced until 1983, always gets brushed over in the finger pointing at The EU. The fact is without sustainable fishing and co-operation they'll be no stocks left to harvest as fish don't observe territorial waters.

Most of the French boats involved in that Bay of Seine Scallops dispute, and subject to French Government restrictions, not EU, on fishing there, are smaller, sub 10 metre vessels. One of the British large, commercial vessels involved, The Honeybourne III of Petherhead, operating out of Shoreham, was 30 metres long. Like all Sub 10 metre fisherman everywhere, they didn't stand a chance against a large, commercial vessel like that. The Honeybourne III PD905 has a previous conviction which the French were fully aware off, hence their displeasure at it's presence - https://www.gov.uk/government/news/m...eries-offences

Had the boot been on the other foot and British fisherman were subject to DEFRA restrictions and facing a 30 metre French boat with previous was legally fishing in UK waters, they'd have done exactly the same. It's swings and roundabouts I'm afraid.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

You’re missing my main point which is that they lied to the public about the rosy future of British fishing. They said this prior to the referendum. Post referendum they’re bleating and trying to force their fish onto any institution the government has control over...to protect their industry. **** ‘em I say. You have made your bed etc. Two faced tossers. They’re worse than the Countryside Alliance and that really is saying something.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
You’re missing my main point which is that they lied to the public about the rosy future of British fishing. They said this prior to the referendum. Post referendum they’re bleating and trying to force their fish onto any institution the government has control over...to protect their industry. **** ‘em I say. You have made your bed etc. Two faced tossers. They’re worse than the Countryside Alliance and that really is saying something.

Let's hope the public have the same attitude towards the lying German car manufacturers eh ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Bonehead.

Do you drive a Mazda?I remember hearing on the news that some Plymouth bonehead had done a u-turn on the A35.No,this is more your style.Even with a bonehead you should wear a crash hat,you chopper.

Young Remainer SW.png

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
they need to start paying more attention to the "in the event of no deal" part and ensuring that does occur. its a shity situation, but thats membership or non-membership of EU, they are the boss eitherway.

I'm sure they will do when it suits them to do so £££

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Standard fare. Your argument on this is as visceral and content-lite as it always was: the political equivalent of Standing up if you hate Palace.

Win or lose I respect the democratic process/result and expect the outcome to be enacted .. see longstanding UK democratic tradition. My argument is crystal clear, principled and consistent. Whereas yours is the exact opposite ... the political equivalant of CPFC :)shit:)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Win or lose I respect the democratic process/result and expect the outcome to be enacted .. see longstanding UK democratic tradition. My argument is crystal clear, principled and consistent. Whereas yours is the exact opposite ... the political equivalant of CPFC :)shit:)

If you want to play this card....I’ll point out it wasn’t a legally binding and was merely guidance to the government at the time. That government is long gone....no one has any legal obligation to it now.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
If you want to play this card....I’ll point out it wasn’t a legally binding and was merely guidance to the government at the time. That government is long gone....no one has any legal obligation to it now.

Except an Act of Parliament has been passed to enact the result - hence, as things stand, there is a legal requirement to follow it through. Therefore it would require another act to stop the enactment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here