Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oi you, not all older people voted out, I would like a breakdown of ages and voting records for the referendum.
In my experience there are loads of voters who when given the opportunity to vote against the current incumbent did so to hand out bloody noses, these voters are from all age groups! We as a nation are so completely intertwined with the EC that withdrawal is so complex and virtually impossible to negotiate that the prime minister of the day immediately resigned and basically said "feck you, you wanted it, you sort it " then galloped off into the sunset, what chance have we remainers got? The ones who wanted it just run away at any given opportunity when the going gets difficult, the hardliners want nothing but out and a return to the impossible dream of British Empire, their supporters on here are either away with the fairies or in maybe even one or two cases are indeed fairies, a good number of remainers just voted for the status quo, as the devil you know........ etc, and the more intelligent who could foresee the clusterfeck coming, I've still to be enlightened as to just what advantage there is in leaving, we get told it's to take back control but control of what? Stopping immigration, then we're told there has to be immigration to fill jobs that we cannot, so immigration will have to continue, make our own laws, we still have to follow EC law else we won't be able to trade with the EC, keeping the pound, we are anyway, blue passport instead of red! Please leavers tell me honestly what I've missed and what great advantage there is in leaving this massive trading bloc?

We get our country back

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If it comes from you, I'd be quite relieved. If you found me interesting, it would be time for euthanasia as life wouldn't be worth living.

Hang on, I missed a trick there. I do actually find you quite interesting. Do you need a lift to the airport?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It is instructive to do a Google search of this deal and check the number of links showing to pro-Brexit media outlets. The answer seems to be something either side of zero. The story is being covered by the world, by the BBC, by the neutral media and of course by pro-EU outlets, all the publications most likely to be avoided by Leavers. With a bit of luck most Brexiteers will be completely unaware of it.

The Torygraph is sorry desperate to avoid the story about the Japan EU trade deal they've thrown in a Cornish story in their Europe section about a shark sighting in St Ives...

Capture.JPG

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But but but I didn't realise we'd lost it, seems most of it is still here! What part did we lose?

I think you may find he was being facetious.....

Metro (owned by the Mail) this morning stated that net immigration from outside the EU is over 200,000. These are the immigants we already have absolute control over, because that are from outside the EU (see what I dd there?). So why can't we control our borders now, and how will anything change after Brexit?

Its all bullshit. It always was all bullshit. Even Gove today admitted that the scare story he supported about hoards or Turks streaming into the UK because Turkey was about to join the EU was bollocks (his actual words were, to paraphrase, 'possibly missjudged, but hey ho').

But anyway....lets all work together and make Brexit work, eh?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Leave is absolutely dripping in lies and half truths. We may be leaving (may be) but I and other remain voters can at least take heart in the fact we didn't get fooled and made to look like mugs a la Leave voters.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The EU referendum voting statistics report from YouGov How Britan Voted

The most dramatic split is along the lines of education. 70% of voters whose educational attainment is only GCSE or lower voted to Leave, while 68% of voters with a university degree voted to Remain in the EU. Those with A levels and no degree were evenly split, 50% to 50%.

Age is the other great fault line. Under-25s were more than twice as likely to vote Remain (71%) than Leave (29%). Among over-65s the picture is almost the exact opposite, as 64% of over-65s voted to Leave while only 36% voted to Remain. Among the other age groups, voters aged 24 to 49 narrowly opted for Remain (54%) over leave (46%) while 60% of voters between the ages of 50 and 64 went for Leave.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

The most dramatic split is along the lines of education. 70% of voters whose educational attainment is only GCSE or lower voted to Leave, while 68% of voters with a university degree voted to Remain in the EU. Those with A levels and no degree were evenly split, 50% to 50%.

Age is the other great fault line. Under-25s were more than twice as likely to vote Remain (71%) than Leave (29%). Among over-65s the picture is almost the exact opposite, as 64% of over-65s voted to Leave while only 36% voted to Remain. Among the other age groups, voters aged 24 to 49 narrowly opted for Remain (54%) over leave (46%) while 60% of voters between the ages of 50 and 64 went for Leave.

So, thick old carnts got us into this mess? Shocking.

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
We get our country back

When you say we get our country back what does that actually mean? who is this collective we? Is the country going to be carved up and each of us will be given an equal share? We get our country back is just a slogan that means absolutely nothing in reality!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Well in my completely unscientific discussions with people across various educational and age groups, I have also found that the majority of old people who aren't well educated voted leave.

Being 58 and having left school with straight after GCE's, I find myself in a minority :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here