Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I did read the whole article and was just trying to point out that his 'line drawn in the sand' of last month has suddenly become a bit more flexible,as he wakes up to the reality of no-deal Brexit looming ever larger.Perhaps he sees his pension bonus shrinking a bit?

You're still struggling with this concept that negotiating a good settlement is more important to us and than to the other member states then?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Your posts on this thread absolutely baffle me. You voted Brexit, and the shambles we are seeing unfold would be far easier to accept if only your Labour party had presented any sort of alternative negotiation.

I think this is unfair to Labour. They want Brexit to be a mess and have no interest in helping out. The Labour view seems to be that the referendum was a Tory decision and the negotiations were a Tory decision and, if it's a disaster, then the Tories will get the blame.

Many, many pages ago, when we Brexiteers were asked how we'd tackle the negotiations, one of the first things I suggested was a negotiating team made up of Conservatives and Labour. That's partly because Starmer is a far sharper tool than Davis, but mainly because if the negotiations didn't go well, the Tories weren't lumbered with all the blame.

The Tories want to shoulder the whole problem and I don't blame Labour for one minute for their approach.

Jan 30, 2008
I think this is unfair to Labour. They want Brexit to be a mess and have no interest in helping out. The Labour view seems to be that the referendum was a Tory decision and the negotiations were a Tory decision and, if it's a disaster, then the Tories will get the blame.

Many, many pages ago, when we Brexiteers were asked how we'd tackle the negotiations, one of the first things I suggested was a negotiating team made up of Conservatives and Labour. That's partly because Starmer is a far sharper tool than Davis, but mainly because if the negotiations didn't go well, the Tories weren't lumbered with all the blame.

The Tories want to shoulder the whole problem and I don't blame Labour for one minute for their approach.

what about the labour MP's that support Brexit .........….yes be quiet at the back ?

regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
The interesting thing would be if a second referendum/peoples vote was called to get the Tories out of this mess of their own making and again the vote was to leave the EU, even if it meant no deal. I wouldn't be surprised if that happened all the time May is in charge of things, she makes anything toxic and if she said back the Chequers deal or go with no deal I can see no deal winning
if, could, maybe, might zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
regards
DR

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
what about the labour MP's that support Brexit .........….yes be quiet at the back ?

regards
DR

I don't see how that's relevant. You could ask about the Tory MPs that want to remain (a far bigger number than Labour Brexiteers). It doesn't alter how the leaders of the parties are behaving

Jan 30, 2008
I don't see how that's relevant. You could ask about the Tory MPs that want to remain (a far bigger number than Labour Brexiteers). It doesn't alter how the leaders of the parties are behaving
i wasn't talking about tory MPs, this is about Labour, they're a bit like the TUC ,ignoring members that voted Brexit, leaves a bad taste in the mouth don't you think
regards
DR

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
The people have spoken and we're out, no second referendum, no special status for London.

No need for insults, just roll up your sleeves and get on with it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A problem is that no 18, 19 or ( some ) 20 year olds have had any say at all - so are rightly and slightly 'cheesed off' by the whole sorry saga.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Don't know why considering only 1 in 5 18-25's could be bothered to go out and vote last time round.
Funny how this fact is largely ignored by those moaning about the youth having not having a say.

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003
Hi HT.

Been avoiding this thread for a little bit again as it gets nowhere. As [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] (a remainer) has pointed out the standard response of lots on the Remain side is to accuse the leave voters of being "Thick, Racist, Xenophobes" who didn't understand what they were voting for. You yourself have a track record of the same too which really doesn't help any sensible debate on here, albeit not as bad the The Clamp. He then has the audacity to say that others should 'Keep it light' after he's thrown his insults around.

As regards Brexit/No Deal/WTO and the NI border, I see that the EU have finally admitted that the border checks need not be done at the border. Hmm, when I was suggesting this, lots of people were saying I didn't have a clue. Funny that the point I was making has not been espoused by Barnier. [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION], so we have to have a hard border eh!

Mr Barnier said he was keen to “de-dramatise” the goods checks which would be needed and make most of them away from the border.

“We are clarifying which goods arriving into Northern Ireland from the rest of the UK would need to be checked, and where, when and by whom.

“We can also clarify that most checks can take place away from the border, at the company premises or in the market.”

It comes as David Davis, the former Brexit Secretary, said the EU is “softening” on its stance on Northern Ireland, and are starting to accept methods of checks away from the border which it “refused to accept six months ago”.

And on that note, I'm back out of this. Can't be bothered with all of the insults and twisting of facts.

You're ability to look something up on Google, read the headline and misinterpret it is becoming legendary. You are managing to mix up 'The EU' and ' The World' again :facepalm:

The EU (I've attached images if it helps)
WRLD-EU-01-0004.png

Chequers Deal
If we make an agreement with 'The EU', we can have borders, no borders, customs, no customs, unicorns pirouetting up and down the border. We can agree anything we like between ourselves and the EU as to what happens on the Ireland/NI issue, and as long as we both agree, problem solved.

The World.
world-map-silhouette-vector-1.jpg

No Deal
If we leave with 'no deal' we have to agree our trading situation with the WORLD Trading Organisation. They like the countries that are trading under them to have borders and customs. This is the organisation that you have been claiming for the last god knows how long doesn't need borders or customs to implement their rules and tariffs. (And, more recently you've also been claiming that post a 'no deal' Brexit, they will all wait while we and the EU try and negotiate an FTA after leaving)

Can you see the difference ?

Now see if you can guess which organisation Mr Barnier represents and which solution his views will effect ?

Now, as you know, I am the first to leap to the defence of Brexiteers when certain posters on here claim they are all thick. But you really aren't helping me at all here, are you :shrug:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here