Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
BMW to close Oxford Mini factory for at least a month after 29th March, in the event of a no deal Brexit.

Still, I suppose that’s just ‘Project Fear’ eg.

Move over so I can bury my head in the sand as well.

Did you just listen to what you wanted to hear. They close down every year for 1 month, just bringing it forward to overcome any possible issues in case of a no deal.
You were just creaming yourself at the possibility of big job losses ... so sad

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I see Barnier is again saying progress has been made with regards to the border in NI. Sky were reporting it as some form of compromise on his part to break the deadlock.

Looks like Barmier has finally woken up.

hahaha.png

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

View attachment 100635

From the SAME article.'

''British officials have already described it as "unacceptable" and a threat to the constitutional integrity of the UK.

It's unlikely to loosen the deadlock at the Salzburg summit. Though Mr Barnier is already looking past that, describing the next EU leaders meeting in Brussels in October as the "moment of truth" for Brexit.''

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
From the SAME article.'

''British officials have already described it as "unacceptable" and a threat to the constitutional integrity of the UK.

It's unlikely to loosen the deadlock at the Salzburg summit. Though Mr Barnier is already looking past that, describing the next EU leaders meeting in Brussels in October as the "moment of truth" for Brexit.''

Indeed its a lot about nothing. We're talking about the annexation of NI, DUP will love it.......

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Indeed its a lot about nothing. We're talking about the annexation of NI, DUP will love it.......

That's Mrs May's little local difficulty (or one of them). Externally there's the issue that all 27 countries must back any 'fudge deal'. How ironic if one decided to play the veto - so jealously guarded by the UK during our time in the EU - against any such deal and seriously feck us up.

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003
Already given you an answer to your daft question, continuing to ask the same stupid question when you have already had an answer must be the definition of something.
Why do you continue to omit the Article 50 withdrawal deal when you ask it?
Don’t think you really understand what it is you think you are asking.

That's right, you have answered when I asked chequers or no deal

Its an ongoing negotiation you utter imbecile,that everyone apart from you it seems knew had a 2 year timeline according to article 50.
I still want out of the EU as i did before........you must be really dim not to know this.

Or rather you didn't. 2 and a bit years on, you still can't make up your mind as to what you want between the two extremes :facepalm:

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1041590281731301376[/tweet]

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It’s a classic negotiating move. Play hard ball. At the last minute offer a tantalising glimpse of what the weaker party wants to see. Relax and watch them bend over backwards.

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
From the SAME article.'

But that bit would spoil his jpeg wouldn't it, (although i suspect he didn't read it before taking a picture of the headline) :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We can have our disagreements on here, but I really don't like it when you call leave voters thickos. It's not very nice is it.

But it was shown that the typical leave voter was less educated?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But it was shown that the typical leave voter was less educated?

This much is very true. However that is a failing of the remain campaign. If you're living on a council estate with no job and a third generation of a benefit family, then someone says "it's all the EU's fault", why wouldn't you vote leave? It's not like the status quo is working for those people.

To be honest, the problem with The Clamp saying that vote leave are all thick is that he thinks he's superior when everyone knows full well his own deficiencies. Watching him of all people call the other side "thickos" is far more cringeworthy than it is aggravating IMO.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This much is very true. However that is a failing of the remain campaign. If you're living on a council estate with no job and a third generation of a benefit family, then someone says "it's all the EU's fault", why wouldn't you vote leave? It's not like the status quo is working for those people.

To be honest, the problem with The Clamp saying that vote leave are all thick is that he thinks he's superior when everyone knows full well his own deficiencies. Watching him of all people call the other side "thickos" is far more cringeworthy than it is aggravating IMO.

Pffft. Keep it light Simba, it’s only the internet. X

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Pffft. Keep it light Simba, it’s only the internet. X
Oh right. But what argument are you going to advance by calling everyone who disagrees you a thicko?

Apart from anything else, not everyone who is uneducated is thick. And I can think of plenty of educated people who are incredibly stupid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here