Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 22389

Not one single company has said they are shutting up shop and leaving the UK.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And quite what this has to do with Brexit I don’t know.

What's that got to do with Brexit then?

But WTF has this got to do with the impending crisis in Britain :shrug:

Not a huge amount ..... it's about as relevant as JLR closing down for a while mostly ( but I will agree not entirely ) brought on by the massive slump in diesel car sales ..... thanks to our German chums. It's just noticeable that remainers will post any bit of negative news they can find and blame it all on Brexit. HT and Thunderbolt being the main parties.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Not a huge amount ..... it's about as relevant as JLR closing down for a while mostly ( but I will agree not entirely ) brought on by the massive slump in diesel car sales ..... thanks to our German chums. It's just noticeable that remainers will post any bit of negative news they can find and blame it all on Brexit. HT and Thunderbolt being the main parties.
Excuse me interrupting but how are our German chums responsible for the massive slump in diesel car sales?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Excuse me interrupting but how are our German chums responsible for the massive slump in diesel car sales?

Because VW were rather dishonest with their engine testing on their diesel cars and got caught out. Sales in diesel cars have since plummeted world wide ...... come on .... even you as a blinkered remainer must have seen that in the news ?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Because VW were rather dishonest with their engine testing on their diesel cars and got caught out. Sales in diesel cars have since plummeted world wide ...... come on .... even you as a blinkered remainer must have seen that in the news ?

I certainly did, but the underlying reason for falling sales is surely the uncertainty about what legislation is on its way to deal with fundamental diesel emissions issues?

That's why I for one will be abandoning my lifetime preference for diesel; a decision that has nothing to do with VAG being naughty. My next car will almost certainly be one of their products anyway.

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003

I would have to disagree re diesels - a slump bought on mostly (but not entirely) by the inherent emissions problems being recognised by International Governments and them reacting to it. The German emission scandal didn't help, but certainly wasn't the main driver for the slump.

I think there is an underlying reason that the constant negative news is so prevalent. The ERG had the perfect opportunity to publish anything positive for Brexit last week and what happened. The simple fact is that there is no positive news :shrug:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
There seems to be quite a few of the more regular ??? posters taking a break from this thread for the last few days. I'm sure they also have 'genuine stuff to do'. Except for pasta, obviously :wink:

I'm off in a minute so a question for [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION], [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION]

Which are you backing, chequers or no deal ?

Left the country at short notice so yes had stuff to do.
Thanks for your concern.

I think some warnings were issued about their abuse of other posters and Brexit looks set to be a disaster. Without those two things I doubt they have a lot left to say.

Nope, no warnings came my way either, it was just you who got kicked off.

Well, it’s certainly been a week; first [MENTION=240]larus[/MENTION], [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] making absolute plums of themselves . Then [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] came along today and topped them all :lolol:
!

:lolol: well that never happened. Im sure [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] posted something earlier on Brexit Anxiety Disorder, you should have another read HT. Looks like you are showing early symptoms.

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
Left the country at short notice so yes had stuff to do.
Thanks for your concern.

Nope, no warnings came my way either, it was just you who got kicked off.

:lolol: well that never happened. Im sure [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] posted something earlier on Brexit Anxiety Disorder, you should have another read HT. Looks like you are showing early symptoms.

And STILL don't know whether you want chequers or no deal, I see :lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I certainly did, but the underlying reason for falling sales is surely the uncertainty about what legislation is on its way to deal with fundamental diesel emissions issues?

That's why I for one will be abandoning my lifetime preference for diesel; a decision that has nothing to do with VAG being naughty. My next car will almost certainly be one of their products anyway.

So you aren't joining any of the class actions against them?

class action.png

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I see Barnier is again saying progress has been made with regards to the border in NI. Sky were reporting it as some form of compromise on his part to break the deadlock.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
And STILL don't know whether you want chequers or no deal, I see :lolol:

Already given you an answer to your daft question, continuing to ask the same stupid question when you have already had an answer must be the definition of something.
Why do you continue to omit the Article 50 withdrawal deal when you ask it?
Don’t think you really understand what it is you think you are asking.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
BMW to close Oxford Mini factory for at least a month after 29th March, in the event of a no deal Brexit.

Still, I suppose that’s just ‘Project Fear’ eg.

Move over so I can bury my head in the sand as well.

Hardly a vote of confidence in May's plan. Meanwhile the civil war carries on today in her party...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here