Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
BMW to close Oxford Mini factory for at least a month after 29th March, in the event of a no deal Brexit.

Still, I suppose that’s just ‘Project Fear’ eg.

Move over so I can bury my head in the sand as well.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
No matter how much you try to reign it in, your real character always seeps out, doesn't it ???

You really are an unpleasant little toad.You have no idea where Castle Bromwich is,never mind it's ethnic mix.Have you ever even met a Pakistani?There's plenty of bile leaking out of you,trying to play the racism card because it's easier than answering questions.Tit.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
BMW to close Oxford Mini factory for at least a month after 29th March, in the event of a no deal Brexit.

Just bringing forward their summer maintenance closedown to minimise disruption if there is a no-deal Brexit.Next

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Warning from the IMF. I can remember Dennis Healey going cap in hand to the IMF begging for help to get our economy back on track.

The International Monetary Fund has warned that a "no-deal" Brexit on World Trade Organization terms would entail "substantial costs" for the UK economy.

The IMF said that all likely Brexit scenarios would "entail costs", but a disorderly departure could lead to "a significantly worse outcome".

The challenges in getting a deal done remained "daunting", it said.
File under "The economy will collapse on 24th. June if you vote to leave" and "emergency budget".

Warning from the TUC about workers rights which have come from EU laws, and why you should be worried.
The TUC doesn't even represent the views of all its constituent Trade Unions on Brexit, let alone the views of many of its members.

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003
You really are an unpleasant little toad.You have no idea where Castle Bromwich is,never mind it's ethnic mix.Have you ever even met a Pakistani?There's plenty of bile leaking out of you,trying to play the racism card because it's easier than answering questions.Tit.

We both know exactly what you meant

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They won't worry as they have their BLUE passports now

Most of them have Pakistani ones!

No matter how much you try to reign it in, your real character always seeps out, doesn't it ???

I thought I’d reproduce this sequence of exchanges so everyone can see for themselves what a monumental knob-head [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] is.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I'm all for pointing put the negatives of Brexit but it would be more balanced if you explained that they have a shutdown every year and they have just brought it forwards.

Jan 30, 2008
File under "The economy will collapse on 24th. June if you vote to leave" and "emergency budget".

The TUC doesn't even represent the views of all its constituent Trade Unions on Brexit, let alone the views of many of its members.
must be that SWP mob pulling the strings again, being a union member i don't agree with their stand on Brexit
regards
DR

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
We both know exactly what you meant

I stick by it as well.You are a tit,and an unpleasant toad who never answers questions posed to them.
So tell us the ethnic make-up of the Castle Bromwich Jaguar plant.Perhaps you could ask Jack Dromey to help out,as you know so many top people.:D

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I thought I’d reproduce this sequence of exchanges so everyone can see for themselves what a monumental knob-head [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] is.

Hope you aren't having another little episode.You know you are better than that.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Amusing to see Remainers, especially HT, get on board with pointing out factory close downs for car manufacturers here ( at least one of which happens every year anyway ) but not a peep about VW having to close down a plant in Germany due to the new WLTP emissions testing procedures brought in because of ..... corruption and fraud in the GERMAN car making industry. :lol: Not so perfect inside the EU after all.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'm all for pointing put the negatives of Brexit but it would be more balanced if you explained that they have a shutdown every year and they have just brought it forwards.

I appreciate you're spinning furiously, but their annual maintenance doesn't occur because of potential disruption to the JIT supply chain. Sky News is reporting that:

industry sources say that a no-deal Brexit would make the Channel Tunnel so congested it would effectively be blocked for two weeks.

A further two weeks of emergency diplomacy between the UK government and the EU to re-establish the rules for some form of free flowing trade are also expected.

https://news.sky.com/story/bmw-to-s...a-month-after-brexit-day-sky-sources-11501360

Great.

On a lighter note, it also quotes David Davis from 2016:

Within minutes of a vote for Brexit the CEOs of Mercedes, BMW, VW and Audi will be knocking down Chancellor Merkel's door demanding that there be no barriers to German access to the British market.

:rotlf:

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Amusing to see Remainers, especially HT, get on board with pointing out factory close downs for car manufacturers here ( at least one of which happens every year anyway ) but not a peep about VW having to close down a plant in Germany due to the new WLTP emissions testing procedures brought in because of ..... corruption and fraud in the GERMAN car making industry. :lol: Not so perfect inside the EU after all.

Why should we worry about VW? Our economy is strong, resilient and well balanced across all sectors and also small to medium to corporate sized businesses producing strong taxes and confident consumers. What should I worry about? When Merkel advises me to panic buy tins of food and stock pile medicines then I might worry. Until then I’ll just carry on enjoying life whilst your government lurches from one embarrassing crises to another. And quite what this has to do with Brexit I don’t know.

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003

I don't think anyone has ever claimed the EU is perfect - far from it

But WTF has this got to do with the impending crisis in Britain :shrug:

Jan 30, 2008
Why should we worry about VW? Our economy is strong, resilient and well balanced across all sectors and also small to medium to corporate sized businesses producing strong taxes and confident consumers. What should I worry about? When Merkel advises me to panic buy tins of food and stock pile medicines then I might worry. Until then I’ll just carry on enjoying life whilst your government lurches from one embarrassing crises to another. And quite what this has to do with Brexit I don’t know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI3IjZ5Ut9g
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here