Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

larus

I'll ask again.

What preparations should we have made for no deal?

Start building the NI border and border posts?

Start building the lorry parks at the Ports?

Start requirements analysis and design of the IT systems to handle WTO rules and tariffs?

Reports say that preparations have been made and are still being made.

WTO rules allow borders not to be hard if there are ‘political reasons’. Also, there is a separate clause which allows no border for 10 years whilst negotiations are on going. (Only quoting what I’ve read elsewhere).

Most goods won’t need inspecting and can be waived through. This is how the vast majority of trade is done. For example, manufactured parts - what inspection needs to be done? We already have to cater for different tax regimes between NI and Ireland as it is.

You’re believing too much Project Fear Phase 2.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
But Trig, the current ruling party introduced this fixed FIVE year term, Labour do not have to present their manifesto for another FOUR years!!! they are Her Majesties opposition and they are opposing, they are NOT required to put forward their own agender until either an election is called or the five year term has expired.

Not only are they not required to, it would be positively foolish to do so. Why show your hand unnecessarily?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
If you honestly believe that they can’t just agree something like that easily then there’s no point having a discussion.

Just because we leave the EU doesn’t invalidate our processes. All companies will be adhering to ISO/ AS9001 standards etc.

This is purely more remain/EU BS.

For some reason the aviation industry in this country and in the EU don't think it's going to be as simple as just that once we're out The Open Skies Agreement, but I'm sure Chris Grayling will negotiate all the reciprocal and bilateral agreements in time to replace it all and no landing slots/rights will be affected etc. I'm surprised it hasn't been sorted already with someone of his calibre on the Transport brief.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Reports say that preparations have been made and are still being made.

WTO rules allow borders not to be hard if there are ‘political reasons’. Also, there is a separate clause which allows no border for 10 years whilst negotiations are on going. (Only quoting what I’ve read elsewhere).

Most goods won’t need inspecting and can be waived through. This is how the vast majority of trade is done. For example, manufactured parts - what inspection needs to be done? We already have to cater for different tax regimes between NI and Ireland as it is.

You’re believing too much Project Fear Phase 2.

If there's No Deal and things can be just waived through, why are non-EU lorries currently stopped at Dover and subject to checks and delays of 20 minutes, as per The Swiss/French and Norwegian/Swedish borders? They make up about just 3% of the total going through Dover each year. The FTA, The RHA, The Dover MP Charlie Elphicke, to name but three, were all calling for the infrastructure, such as lorry parks being built, The M20 widened, The A2 duelling etc to be in place in time in this scenario. It isn't going to be.

Alternatively dismiss it as Project Fear and believe something Jacob Rees-Mogg says.

larus

For some reason the aviation industry in this country and in the EU don't think it's going to be as simple as just that once we're out The Open Skies Agreement, but I'm sure Chris Grayling will negotiate all the reciprocal and bilateral agreements in time to replace it all and no landing slots/rights will be affected etc. I'm surprised it hasn't been sorted already with someone of his calibre on the Transport brief.

Well, I’m sure that companies, the EU and the Remain backing civil servants wouldn’t lie or mislead would they? Of course not - they’ve never done it before have they?

As for Grayling - another wet weekend politician. There’s too many in both parties - however, I notice that the Labour supporters aren’t critical of the Labour ones. Well, only Bliar anyway.

The odd thing is that the leader that most Labour voters despise is the only one in the last 40 years to win an election, and he wasn’t really Left-Wing.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Well, I’m sure that companies, the EU and the Remain backing civil servants wouldn’t lie or mislead would they? Of course not - they’ve never done it before have they?

As for Grayling - another wet weekend politician. There’s too many in both parties - however, I notice that the Labour supporters aren’t critical of the Labour ones. Well, only Bliar anyway.

The odd thing is that the leader that most Labour voters despise is the only one in the last 40 years to win an election, and he wasn’t really Left-Wing.

So they're just lying, remoaners and throw in a random rambling about Tony Blair and Labour - That's the spirit. :thumbsup:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
We have reached blaming the 'remainers' already? Much sooner than expected. Bravo. Great effort!

We have a PM who voted remain, a Chancellor who voted remain, most of the cabinet voted remain and a big majority of MP's in parliament voted remain .. they are the ones in charge and have decided on a softer Brexit which is why Davis/Boris and others have resigned. All were intent on diluting Brexit ,some reversing it as they don't really believe in it. The section of leave voters who voted the way they did because they were fed up of being ignored/patronised/ridiculed are having their reasoning validated yet again..

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
We have a PM who voted remain, a Chancellor who voted remain, most of the cabinet voted remain and a big majority of MP's in parliament voted remain .. they are the ones in charge and have decided on a softer Brexit which is why Davis/Boris and others have resigned. All were intent on diluting Brexit ,some reversing it as they don't really believe in it. The section of leave voters who voted the way they did because they were fed up of being ignored/patronised/ridiculed are having their reasoning validated yet again..

Yeah. Let's not say anything about Brexiteers campaigning for 40 odd years and having no fecking plan. Blame everybody else. It's easier (and predicted by many)

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Let’s blame the people who voted to remain, for the mess caused by Brexit. ???

The trouble is each side blames the other but I’m sure most people voted for what they believed in. The decision to go to the people in the first place and the subsequent catastrophic mess that has ensued should be squarely blamed on the politicians

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
The trouble is each side blames the other but I’m sure most people voted for what they believed in. The decision to go to the people in the first place and the subsequent catastrophic mess that has ensued should be squarely blamed on the politicians

That’s exactly what I think. I was grumpy with my mum for the way she voted. But then I realised that the only way she could vote was by gut feeling. My mum has not internet access, and struggles to understand even the basics of modern day life. I on the other hand did a massive amount of research try to read in many views as possible. But I still had to go with gut instinct.

People talk of democracy, but we already have that and we vote hoping that the people who run the country do so in our best interest. If our priminister at the time was a remainer, because he thought we were better being in the EU. I am guessing he had access to more facts then me or my mother, why the hell did he give people who realistically don’t have a scooby a chance to decide. He took a risk and it back fired and now we are all going to pay. Remember It’s only the rich that prosper when things go dramatically tits up. So I do not think the current incumbents will give a flying duck.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The prime minister didnt give the electorate the chance to decide by himself. 544 MP`s democratically voted to delegate the decision to the voters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here