View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
504. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

    347 68.85%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

    157 31.15%
Page 4418 of 4418 FirstFirst ... 341839184318436844084415441644174418
Results 44,171 to 44,178 of 44178
  1. #44171

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGully View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Political cause
    How strange.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #44172
      Members pastafarian's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Sussex
      Posts
      7,900


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      This message is hidden because BigGully is on your ignore list

      You notice how its only the limp-wristed remainers pretending to ignore people in order to retreat to their echo chamber bubble.
      Says quite a lot about their whole arrogant remain mindset when they can no longer justify their arguments.
      Jazz Festival n. The purchase of two or more Noddy books at one time.
    • #44173
      Members Herr Tubthumper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      The Fatherland
      Posts
      40,674


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You notice how its only the limp-wristed remainers pretending to ignore people in order to retreat to their echo chamber bubble.
      Says quite a lot about their whole arrogant remain mindset when they can no longer justify their arguments.
      I’m happy to debate with most people. But it gets a bit tiring with semi-literate posters who continually miss your point. And who then make shit up.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
    • #44174
      Members pastafarian's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Sussex
      Posts
      7,900


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You seem to have totally missed the fact May said she wants to remain a member. Membership is quite different to a co-operation agreement. I’m not aware the US are members.
      No she didnt, she was quite specific about new comprehensive arrangements as a third country,ie outside of membership. If you are still members, then you automatically receive all the benefits of membership, there would be no need to discuss new arrangements.

      "So it is in all our interests to find ways to protect the capabilities which underpin this co-operation when the UK becomes a European country outside the EU but in a new partnership with it.
      To make this happen will require real political will on both sides.
      I recognise there is no existing security agreement between the EU and a third country that captures the full depth and breadth of our existing relationship.
      But there is precedent for comprehensive, strategic relationships between the EU and third countries in other fields, such as trade. And there is no legal or operational reason why such an agreement could not be reached in the area of internal security."

      Im surprised you didnt bother to check her security speech, its available to view in full from the gov website
      https://www.gov.uk/government/speech...-february-2018
      Jazz Festival n. The purchase of two or more Noddy books at one time.
    • #44175

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I’m happy to debate with most people. But it gets a bit tiring with semi-literate posters who continually miss your point. And who then make shit up.
      I had the same with the same poster. Gets a bit dull
    • #44176

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JC Footy Genius View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      There is one MEP for every 880,000 British voters, The EU average is one MEP for 486,000 voters. Also, our MEPs don't vote as a block their minimal influence is further diminished as they are spread out amongst numerous political groupings. A reminder that my initial point was having the democratic accountability to remove our government, equating this power to voting for a few MEP's is laughable.
      It is self-evident that, all things being equal, the larger the electorate the smaller the influence of the individual voter. What stops this being an argument in favour of small countries (Wessex anyone?) is that things are rarely equal.

      If over-centralisation is avoided and power heavily devolved, a large democracy can represent its citizens as well as a small one. Better in some cases - the USA is far more decentralised than, say, the UK with the result that the man on the Des Moines omnibus has more influence over the practical legislation that affects his day to day life than his opposite number on the Clapham one. The politicians who most tailor his days are certainly more accountable than the remote figures of over-centralised Britain.

      The EU is decentralised to the point where its component parts - the nation states - have the theoretical power to declare war on each other. If this devolution is preserved and strengthened, the citizens of Europe can combine all the benefits of ‘small democracy’ with the advantages of being members of a large and powerful economic and political unit.

      I suggest that it is idle to simply compare numbers in the way you have done.

      The original European referendum revolved around the concept of ‘shared sovereignty’ to the extent that the Telegraph said at the time that it was drowning out other issues. Personally I have no problem with diluting part of my influence in this way providing that significant amounts of practical power is held at local level - a level more local than the UK has achieved in the past, and certainly more local than the politicians of Brexit will want in the future.
    • #44177
      Sanity Clause vegster's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Posts
      16,773


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BigGully View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You are confusing putting someone on ignore with not being held to account each time you post something rubbish on this thread
      You said I was a liar yet you accused me of being a liar by lying yourself ! You clearly suffer from ODD and worryingly have access to a keyboard. Enjoy the solitude ahead.
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

      " Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 – 2015
    • #44178
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      A long way from the coast...
      Posts
      5,328


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So would I. Apart from “getting our county back” I have heard **** all for the Brexiteers. To be fair you have spoken about free trade deals with non-EU nations but when you’ve got a shit load of free trade already in place with the biggest block in the world I cannot see any real benefit.
      We have free trade with 70% of the world through the EU already, and with the US they do double the trade with us that we do with them, what's not to like? If we want to do more trade with the rest of the world we need to offer the rest of the world things they want to buy, simple

      The Ireland issue cannot be solved. Going forward they can call it a custom arrangement whatever....but basically we need to stay in the customs union unless we want to do huge damage to the economy and jobs, this isn't what the public voted for.

      Brextremists need to start getting realistic or they may end up with no Brexit at all
      Brexit is like trying to remove the egg from an omelette. Updated Winter 2017

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •