Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Much to your disappointment I didn’t vote to leave the EU because of what the likes of Johnson and Co said, I made an informed choice after studying both sides of the argument and thoroughly researched before casting My vote, I do however expect the Prime Ministers of the day to deliver on what the say (repeatedly)on various media outlets.
I feel now that the establishment will thwart our withdrawal, great news for remain campaign, however, a tragedy for democracy, when remain voters finally stop crowing about this travesty I’m sure they will take a moment to finally realise what this all entails, the views of 17.4 million voters have been thrown in the bin.
Sad times..
Not on our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But it’s also the far right Brexiteers fighting with the Brexit Governments deal to exit. This is a Brexit deal, it’s rubbish but its what was narrowly voted for (probably due to the lies). But some want a different flavour of the Brexit ice cream. :shrug: seems like the brexiteers are a shambles, something many of us have been saying for many years

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Someone would only think its possible to have been in a Tory/Whig coalition since 1707 if they didnt understand the difference between an election and a referendum. Something Mr Soames appears to know, hence why he calls a 2nd referendum “loathsome” and “damaging”.

That's because all referendums are loathsome and damaging because they go against the wishes of Parliament and our elected representatives.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
That's because all referendums are loathsome and damaging because they go against the wishes of Parliament and our elected representatives.

If remain had won you wouldnt be saying "they" go against the wishes of our elected representatives would you, its only because you lost that it (singular) went against what elected representatives wanted too.(dont forget parliament overwhelmingly authorised this referendum so it wasnt against the wishes of Parliament).
But since you find all referendums loathsome and damaging there is no need to be hypocritically calling for another one now is there..........i bet you wont refuse now and rule out any referendum to rejoin in the future will you.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Imagine no deal. The country gets into a panic if there is no mobile signal for a few hours. Imagine why it will be like if there even a whiff that food might be short.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If remain had won you wouldnt be saying "they" go against the wishes of our elected representatives would you, its only because you lost that it (singular) went against what elected representatives wanted too.(dont forget parliament overwhelmingly authorised this referendum so it wasnt against the wishes of Parliament).
But since you find all referendums loathsome and damaging there is no need to be hypocritically calling for another one now is there..........i bet you wont refuse now and rule out any referendum to rejoin in the future will you.

I would have happily voted in a referendum not to hold a referendum.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Imagine no deal. The country gets into a panic if there is no mobile signal for a few hours. Imagine why it will be like if there even a whiff that food might be short.

If the brexiteers MPs are in charge post Brexit and the negotiation is anything to go by we are f**ked

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Remember what happens when we get an " unseasonable cold snap " ie, about 2" of snow ? Our brave,educated and self-reliant British Public normally shit themselves and hit the supermarkets to buy up as much milk, bread and cans of soup as they can carry thus clearing the shelves and creating even more panic buying !

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Remember what happens when we get an " unseasonable cold snap " ie, about 2" of snow ? Our brave,educated and self-reliant British Public normally shit themselves and hit the supermarkets to buy up as much milk, bread and cans of soup as they can carry thus clearing the shelves and creating even more panic buying !

We live in a country where people dial 999 because KFC is shut. If no deal happens it'll make the 2011 riots look a WI Tupperware party.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Here in full - https://democracy.kent.gov.uk/documents/s88112/Item 7 - Brexit.pdf

This line caught my eye:

Kent is dependent on, and awaiting details of, the Government’s ‘National Freight Plan’ (Brock Stage 5) – including plans for priority passenger freight, and the ‘National Ports Strategy’. We continue to encourage Government to develop measures to hold traffic outside of Kent. Arrangements for holding freight outside of the county, or at source, when Kent no longer has capacity is another crucial element of the plans.

I wonder where the lorry parks will be in Sussex then? It'll be dismissed though as #projectfear and #wouldhavehappenedanyway and Kent County Council will just be branded #experts etc.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Much to your disappointment I didn’t vote to leave the EU because of what the likes of Johnson and Co said, I made an informed choice after studying both sides of the argument and thoroughly researched before casting My vote, I do however expect the Prime Ministers of the day to deliver on what the say (repeatedly)on various media outlets.
I feel now that the establishment will thwart our withdrawal, great news for remain campaign, however, a tragedy for democracy, when remain voters finally stop crowing about this travesty I’m sure they will take a moment to finally realise what this all entails, the views of 17.4 million voters have been thrown in the bin.
Sad times..
Not on our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm a remainder and in all honesty I am torn. On the one hand, I think Brexit is disastrous and should never have been put to the people - the whole point of a parliamentary democracy is to let those better informed make these choices for us. On the other hand, Tory incompetence, division and weakness meant the people were asked and having asked them, they have to deliver for the sake of democracy.

The problem is that the deal is absolutely shit which was always going to be the case once they decided to cling onto power by buying the support of the lunatics in the DUP, and most of those that really believed in Brexit have gutlessly walked away from the job. These people really are a disgrace.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here