Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
John McDonnell is feeble.

He was on CH4 news last night, so deluded trying to pretend Labour could get a better deal from EU, and Corbyn doesn't even ask May about Brexit in PM questions. Some decent people in their party but they're not on the front bench.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He was on CH4 news last night, so deluded trying to pretend Labour could get a better deal from EU, and Corbyn doesn't even ask May about Brexit in PM questions. Some decent people in their party but they're not on the front bench.

its fine, they will talk to EU with "a different tone".

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Brutal letter from the @CommonsPAC chair to the head of HMRC re Brexit border

“time to implement optimal no deal solution has now gone”

“Defra crisis plan not yet complete”

“Ensuring shops don’t run out of food should surely be highest priority areas”

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Brutal letter from the @CommonsPAC chair to the head of HMRC re Brexit border

“time to implement optimal no deal solution has now gone”

“Defra crisis plan not yet complete”

“Ensuring shops don’t run out of food should surely be highest priority areas”

Great to know that hard earned tax payers money is going to such a worthy cause

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

For a great many the results of austerity are still more worrying than Brexit and I'm glad Corbyn is allowing the Tories to stew in their own juice on Brexit and hammering them on other things they have been responsible for

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
https://twitter.com/juliahb1/status/1070589735930863616?s=21
Looks like we were lied to, oh well.
Who would of thunk, a remainiac telling fibs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, after 2.5 years thinking about it, you've finally realised you were lied to.

I'll try and save you further years of intensive concentration trying to understand who it was that lied to you by giving you a clue

image.jpg

Attachments

• 16dhrl.jpg
    16dhrl.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
European Chief Negotiator Michel Barnier held the 585-page Withdrawal Agreement aloft and announced to the world the EU had agreed it with the UK, said there would be no more negotiation of it, and then the EU 27 signed it off inside 38 minutes. They are as united about this as it is possible to be.

I didn’t realise Barnier was in sole possession of such power. Here was me thinking that rather than acting like a dictator he was appointed by the commission and not only responsible to them and Juncker but is bound by negotiating directives drawn up by the general affairs council of ministers that are issued by the European Council as a body.
Its all very well individuals saying no more discussions, but I rather suspect if Barnier is instructed to go back to the table and tweak any arrangements he will have to do just that, especially as negotiations have not formally been closed. Do not forget even if parliament pass the deal it still has to pass the EU parliament. It may be “probable” that there will be no more discussions but this is not the same as “possible”……which, until concluded and closed remains an option.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Staunch remainer will back EU/UK deal, the referendum vote to leave“must be honoured” says Soames. 2nd referendum would be “loathsome” and “damaging”.
“I feel very strongly we must not reject this agreement and thus go back to square one which would mean perhaps another deeply divisive and unhappy referendum” which would “I am above all afraid, earn this house the undying contempt of the British people”

Lib Dem MP Stephen Lloyd has resigned the party whip so he can back the deal.

“I have come to the conclusion that I cannot honestly uphold the commitment I made to Eastbourne and Willingdon two and a half years ago, and reiterated since – to accept the result of the referendum, vote for the deal the Prime Minister brought back from the EU and not back calls for a second referendum – whilst supporting the Lib Dem Parliamentary Party’s formal position of voting against Theresa May’s deal and advocating a ‘People’s Vote’.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46470414

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
For a great many the results of austerity are still more worrying than Brexit and I'm glad Corbyn is allowing the Tories to stew in their own juice on Brexit and hammering them on other things they have been responsible for

Too right. Just this week, the Tories have removed the £10 Christmas bonus for benefits claimants - something that makes a huge difference for families struggling. People who are quite comfortably off may get hot under the collar wondering about backstop agreements, but those who are wondering whether to feed families or heat their house are probably far more concerned about where their money's coming from than they are about legal niceties.

Corbyn got that spot on.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Staunch remainer will back EU/UK deal, the referendum vote to leave“must be honoured” says Soames. 2nd referendum would be “loathsome” and “damaging”.
“I feel very strongly we must not reject this agreement and thus go back to square one which would mean perhaps another deeply divisive and unhappy referendum” which would “I am above all afraid, earn this house the undying contempt of the British people”

He's wrong, though, isn't he, otherwise we'd have been under Tory/Whig coalition since 1707.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I think they managed that before this Brexit fiasco!

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
So, after 2.5 years thinking about it, you've finally realised you were lied to.

I'll try and save you further years of intensive concentration trying to understand who it was that lied to you by giving you a clue

View attachment 102756

Much to your disappointment I didn’t vote to leave the EU because of what the likes of Johnson and Co said, I made an informed choice after studying both sides of the argument and thoroughly researched before casting My vote, I do however expect the Prime Ministers of the day to deliver on what the say (repeatedly)on various media outlets.
I feel now that the establishment will thwart our withdrawal, great news for remain campaign, however, a tragedy for democracy, when remain voters finally stop crowing about this travesty I’m sure they will take a moment to finally realise what this all entails, the views of 17.4 million voters have been thrown in the bin.
Sad times..
Not on our way.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Much to your disappointment I didn’t vote to leave the EU because of what the likes of Johnson and Co said, I made an informed choice after studying both sides of the argument and thoroughly researched before casting My vote, I do however expect the Prime Ministers of the day to deliver on what the say (repeatedly)on various media outlets.
I feel now that the establishment will thwart our withdrawal, great news for remain campaign, however, a tragedy for democracy, when remain voters finally stop crowing about this travesty I’m sure they will take a moment to finally realise what this all entails, the views of 17.4 million voters have been thrown in the bin.
Sad times..
Not on our way.

Well you obviously should have given it a little more thought if you ever came to the conclusion that 'no deal' was a serious option :shrug:

And it's not you that annoys me. It's those complete ******** in that photo I posted. They are the ***** who put us in this situation.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I didn’t realise Barnier was in sole possession of such power. Here was me thinking that rather than acting like a dictator he was appointed by the commission and not only responsible to them and Juncker but is bound by negotiating directives drawn up by the general affairs council of ministers that are issued by the European Council as a body.
Its all very well individuals saying no more discussions, but I rather suspect if Barnier is instructed to go back to the table and tweak any arrangements he will have to do just that, especially as negotiations have not formally been closed. Do not forget even if parliament pass the deal it still has to pass the EU parliament. It may be “probable” that there will be no more discussions but this is not the same as “possible”……which, until concluded and closed remains an option.

From where I'm sitting the EU27 seem to be right behind everything Barnier has done for the last 2 1/2 years - in stark contrast to Theresa May and her 3 Brexit Ministers.

Jan 30, 2008
a lot of REMAINERS HAVE ACCEPTED WE'RE LEAVING IT'S JUST THE 20% OF GRIZZLERS WHO VOTED REMAIN STILL GRIZZLING , poor old establishment never knew what hit them when the vote was to leave , boo hoo boo hoo WE KNOW BETTER THAN THOSE LEAVERS :rolleyes:
regards
DR

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Sad times..
Not on our way

No Baker Lite, you personally may have voted to make us poorer but you cannot speak for the other 17,410,741 who voted for leave. May was entrusted to deliver a negotiated deal to leave, her deal does satisfy this regard, (although in my opinion we would be better off staying in) it satisfies your wish to leave but with the least pain for the rest of us.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
He's wrong, though, isn't he, otherwise we'd have been under Tory/Whig coalition since 1707.

Someone would only think its possible to have been in a Tory/Whig coalition since 1707 if they didnt understand the difference between an election and a referendum. Something Mr Soames appears to know, hence why he calls a 2nd referendum “loathsome” and “damaging”.

From where I'm sitting the EU27 seem to be right behind everything Barnier has done for the last 2 1/2 years - in stark contrast to Theresa May and her 3 Brexit Ministers.

Doesnt change the fact though Barnier does not decide himself and does not change the fact that it is still possible (might not be probable) that people can go back to talks and tweak the deal, even though individuals are saying its done and dusted, since negotiations have not officially ended.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here