View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
591. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

    419 70.90%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

    172 29.10%
  1. #48481
    Members
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    at home
    Posts
    40,980


    0 Not allowed!
    Name:  IMG_0215.JPG
Views: 86
Size:  116.4 KB

    Cyprus to win

    Don't get many of them to the pound!
    " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
    The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #48482

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Chopper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Close.
      All Brexiteers are worried because they may not get what they want or at least a very watered down version.
      Worried that we could walk away or have a very bad deal.
      Worried that freedom of movement will not be removed and old Blighty will still be overrun by Johnny Foreigner taking all our jobs and clogging up the NHS ( the main reason we voted leave)
      Worried that they are going to have so much egg on their faces and remainers can say we told you so.
      Worried that just a small gust of wind from over the channel is going to blow their Union Jack, fluttering from the flag pole at the end of their garden, clean away.
      That is why none of them want the 2nd referendum at the end and come up with the most feeble excuses not to have one.
      just like this feeble excuse
      regards
      DR
    • #48483
      Members
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Bloody Worthing!
      Posts
      2,199


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JC Footy Genius View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You're welcome. Thought provoking and led to one of the deepest self-dug holes I have ever seen.

      The government have said they are seeking to carry over all existing EU trade agreements with third countries. All those countries have said they would like this outcome too. So theoretically we would retain any trade benefits then be free to change or build on them, prioritising our interests instead of diluting/catering for 27 other national interests. Easier said than done obviously.
      Thanks. If that's the case then good news indeed. But I was also wondering about our potential exclusion from new deals signed by the wicked 27 from which we will be excluded - an opportunity cost of leaving - in the future. Of course this is unknowable at the present so it was a bit optimistic of me to expect data. Like much of the discussions we all enjoy so much I think 'we'll see.....' is the most appropriate position to adopt. I agree: "easier said than done". (Indeed, I think this could well be etched on the Brexit gravestone.)
    • #48484
      Members The Clamp's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      West is BEST
      Posts
      6,715


      0 Not allowed!
      Crikey! What has happened over the last few days that has the last few desperate Brexiteers on here going absolutely TURBO!!! Perhaps the overdue realisation that their ill thought out dream is collapsing. Lovely to see a hive mind meltdown from them. It's hilarious to witness.

      Carry on...
      Love Great Britain
      Love the EU
      Love Inclusion and Progression.
    • #48485
      Bringer of TRUTH JC Footy Genius's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Location
      Middle Earth
      Posts
      7,007


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's teacher View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Thanks. If that's the case then good news indeed. But I was also wondering about our potential exclusion from new deals signed by the wicked 27 from which we will be excluded - an opportunity cost of leaving - in the future. Of course this is unknowable at the present so it was a bit optimistic of me to expect data. Like much of the discussions we all enjoy so much I think 'we'll see.....' is the most appropriate position to adopt. I agree: "easier said than done". (Indeed, I think this could well be etched on the Brexit gravestone.)
      Well most remainers on this thread either claim to know the future or hold great store in projections/guesses by people who usually are proved completely wrong so factual real world data is usually inconveniant or 'thought provoking'.

      Speaking of real data rather than remoaners favourite metric.. mystic foresight/guessing. If we compare annual % GDP growth with a smaller but still major G7 western economy, since we joined the EC/EU there's not a lot of difference.

      https://data.worldbank.org/indicator...975&view=chart

      How they achieved this being a smaller economy without belonging to a mainly political union , pooling/surrendering regulatory powers and trade policy and much much more might also be thought provoking.
      “The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of Socialism is the equal sharing of miseries.”
    • #48486
      Members The Clamp's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      West is BEST
      Posts
      6,715


      1 Not allowed!
      Yep, summat has defo got the Brexit Boys spooked this last week. A joy to watch it unfold.
      Love Great Britain
      Love the EU
      Love Inclusion and Progression.
    • #48487
      Members
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Plymouth
      Posts
      7,255


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JC Footy Genius View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You claim to know the mind of all Brexiteers

      The people that have most to be worried about are the undemocratic loons if they actually succeeded in thwarting Brexit, unfortunately, they are too arrogant/stupid to realise this.
      Nope.
      Undemocratic is the country saying we are going to leave whether you like it or not.
      Democratic is giving us the opportunity to vote to say if we want to leave or stay.
      Super dooper cream on the top democracy is to give everyone the chance to see if we still want to leave now that everyone knows what the final outcome of the negotiations are, I think few people on both sides realised at the time just how complicated it is with negotiations leading to stuff added and/or taken away.
      You are democratic but not super dooper, I believe this country is the cradle of democracy, something to be very proud of, so the 2nd vote should back that up.
      Try and admit at least that although you strongly want to leave it is not going well with a totally divided government and cabinet, a very weak pro remain PM an opposistion that changes its mind weekly and a House Of Lords that is blocking every thing being passed through it.
      You may not want it, you may be scared of the result, but as it is so important, especially to our kids and their kids and the future of this country, that we must be given a chance to see if we like what our useless Government comes up with.
      For what it's worth I think we would still leave as I have totally given up with a large portion of 'the great British public'.
      If it is a cracking deal I may well change my mind.
      If it's a useless watered down, hardly worth having deal that has pandered to Brussels, would you change yours?
      Either could still very well happen.
    • #48488
      Members GT49er's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      Gloucester
      Posts
      21,535


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Chopper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Democratic is giving us the opportunity to vote to say if we want to leave or stay.
      Seem to remember that's exactly what happened.
    • #48489
      Members
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Prague, Czech Republic
      Posts
      12,379


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Seem to remember that's exactly what happened.
      In view of what has been revealed since the referendum, ie downright lies, lets say from both sides.
      What scares you about a 2nd referendum?
      The guy that invented predictive text died today, his funfair will be next fryingpan.
    • #48490
      Members
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Bloody Worthing!
      Posts
      2,199


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JC Footy Genius View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Well most remainers on this thread either claim to know the future or hold great store in projections/guesses by people who usually are proved completely wrong so factual real world data is usually inconveniant or 'thought provoking'.

      Speaking of real data rather than remoaners favourite metric.. mystic foresight/guessing. If we compare annual % GDP growth with a smaller but still major G7 western economy, since we joined the EC/EU there's not a lot of difference.

      https://data.worldbank.org/indicator...975&view=chart

      How they achieved this being a smaller economy without belonging to a mainly political union , pooling/surrendering regulatory powers and trade policy and much much more might also be thought provoking.
      All good stuff. There's not much more fun to be had on a sunny Sunday morning than looking a raw data from the OECD. But I think the Canada parallel might be comparing oranges with apples? However we probably see different patterns in the same figures.

      Speaking purely anecdotally (well at least I admit it), I remember visiting EU institutions when we were the 'Sick man of Europe' and looking around thinking things at the time looked a lot better on that side of the Channel. These were the days when Mrs T. backed both the Single Market and the expansion of the EU. Funny how things turn out - something we can all agree on (maybe!).