Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Excellent speech. Obviously, it was always going to be attacked by the usual suspects on here but I expect the more representative, moderate Remain voters would welcome it.

Derailing Brexit would be disastrous Boris.......for your career.

That's all Boris really cares about. Its hard to know what he really believes in. People talk about career politicians, he is the ultimate

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

Excellent speech. Obviously, it was always going to be attacked by the usual suspects on here but I expect the more representative, moderate Remain voters would welcome it.

It's at times like this that one realises how extreme one is - in this respect, at least.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

So what in particular did you find practical and helpful in it? or was it just the sort of soaring, positive but ultimately empty rhetoric that appealed to you?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's not hard to see how some folks got fooled into voting Brexit judging by the leave reaction on here to that utter, utter load of vacuous claptrap. People are thicker than I thought.

Well, 52% certainly are! :lolol::lolol::lol::bigwave::laugh::albion2:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Churchillian :thumbsup: :facepalm: :lolol:

He did write a very entertaining book about the great man. :thumbsup:

51whvk355vL.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I hear on the news this afternoon the single currency is growing faster than sterling. #strongertogether

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I hear on the news this afternoon the single currency is growing faster than sterling. #strongertogether

"single currency"? did you mean single market or the Euro? do you know what you want to remain in?

and yes, the EU grew by bit more than us last quarter, 0.6 to UK 0.5. well done them. although we are part EU so contribute to that EU growth figure.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
"single currency"? did you mean single market or the Euro? do you know what you want to remain in?

No, I mean Single Currency. A perfectly legitimate term. Here, even the internet thinks so:

single currency
noun
a currency used by all the members of an economic federation.
the currency (the euro) which replaced the national currencies of twelve member states of the European Union in 2002.
noun: single European currency; plural noun: single European currencies

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/single_currency

Before you rush to contradict those you disagree with, just stop, take a breath and check your facts. Not great at this are you!
Never mind, eh.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
No, I mean Single Currency. A perfectly legitimate term. Here, even the internet thinks so:

single currency
noun
a currency used by all the members of an economic federation.
the currency (the euro) which replaced the national currencies of twelve member states of the European Union in 2002.
noun: single European currency; plural noun: single European currencies

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/single_currency

Before you rush to contradict those you disagree with, just stop, take a breath and check your facts. Not great at this are you!
Never mind, eh.

yes, its a legitimate term, never mind context or anything else eh? the EU economy, not the currency, grows (or not) and they refer to the eurozone to seperate those nations in the Euro. i didnt even disagree with you, only ask if you understand the institutions you want to be part of since so easily confuse them. prehaps before rushing to tell the terrible news, pause and thing is it really worth it?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
yes, of course, never mind context or anything else. the EU economy, not the currency, grows (or not) and they refer to the eurozone to seperate those nations in the Euro. i didnt even disagree with you only ask if you understand the institutions you want to be part of since so easily confuse them. prehaps before rushing to tell the terrible news, pause and thing is it really worth it?

Like I say, you're not very good at this are you. You really don't seem to understand things.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Like I say, you're not very good at this are you. You really don't seem to understand things.

right, so you dont understand the difference between currency and economy. thats fine, its not everyday stuff, no need to turn it around on me. though it's my fault for engaging in pedantry when it was never going to be productive. and now there will be insults and dismissal.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
right, so you dont understand the difference between currency and economy. thats fine, its not everyday stuff, no need to turn it around on me. though it's my fault for engaging in pedantry when it was never going to be productive. and now there will be insults and dismissal.

Not a bit of it old boy, please do engage in pedantry. I would just point out that if you plan on going head to head with me on subjects like this, bring your very best game to the field because at the moment you are getting spanked in front of your home crowd. I think Boris's huge letdown of you and your cause has upset your mob on here today so I'm gonna give you a reprieve and not press it.
I have some videotapes to return. Layaz Playaz. Keep it greasy.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here